Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Temp ban

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by sjw7, Sep 16, 2006.

1. sjw7

sjw7 IncGamers Member

Temp ban

Battle net seems to be getting a bit over zeleous at the moment.

I logged on at about half twelve and created a game. I was in the same game for about 25 minutes before exiting and immediately get hit with a temp ban. I didnt join or create any other game before this. I understand the reason for a proper temp ban but it is annoying when something like this happens

Oh well i best go and watch TV for a while then.

2. jbarlak

jbarlak IncGamers Member

its is possible that you switched between your characters during that time. The same thing has happened to me when muling and not taking time with each character. The ban lasted a good hour. Oh well. maybe this is a way for Blizzard to tell us that we play their game too much :)

3. Mariachi

Mariachi IncGamers Member

I don't know what form of internet connection you use,but not long ago I discovered a way to get around temp bans.I use DSL,and recently when I got TBed,what I did was unplug my modem and plug it back in.Once my modem had reconnected to the internet(about a minute and a half)I logged onto bnet again with no problems.I hope this helps you or anyone with DSL and TB problems.Good luck.

4. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva IncGamers Member

Um don't know if you know this but during peak hours they randomly boot people. They've been doing it for the last 2 years I believe... It's really frustrating because it happened to me last night (couldn't get on waited 7 hours but eventually went to sleep) then again tonight.

People curse bnet for a reason.

5. sbn

sbn IncGamers Member

I had not played D2 for 4 years until just a week ago. My first 2 days in a row I got temp bans for doing exactly as the OP was doing= Nothing. The second ban came after almost an hour in game. When it was done I exited and when to search for a new game. Entered one, stayed for about 10 minutes and then left and closed D2. Later that evening when I went to log on I got the ban message.

Now strangely after 2 weeks of play I have no problem jumping in and out of games. I was thinking that maybe they are doing this to new accounts as a means of sending a warning. Whatever the reasons, I must say I really find bnet to be a lot worse than it was 4 years ago.

6. Athelstan

Athelstan IncGamers Member

I've gotten more temp bans in the past week than I have in the past year. I'm glad I'm not the only person who has noticed it. Most of the temp bans were after simply logging in, switching games once, and then bam!