Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

temp ban question

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by MageChick, Oct 7, 2006.

1. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

temp ban question

Do you get temp banned by making multiple games too fast or joining to fast?

Specifically I've been running D and T keys for a while now (22 D key runs without a key or any decent drops, then temp ban @$#@$!). I usaually only do this when I'm done for the night - i.e. run fast until temp ban kicks in, then go to bed. (otherwise I stay up waaaaay to late)

But I was wondering, if I made a game and ran the T key with my sorc, then exited and rejoined with my hammerdin to run the D key - would that take me twice as long to get temp banned (making 1/2 the games) or would it be the same (still joining the same number of games).

Thx

2. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I do not know how b.net treats the rest of its players, but this is what 100% works for me.

You can join game and exit right away or just go into the character and then come out to character screen 3 times repeatedly per account. The 4th one always gets you disconnected. But if you switch the account after your 3rd char, you can do another account to do 3 more. Then you can either switch back to your first one, or 3rd one if you have. Very useful for perming mules.

Which means that if you run tkey with sorc and run dkey with hdin, after the next game's run with your sorc you will most likely get disconnected by trying to go on your hdin for your 2nd dkey run. But it depends how fast you do your runs. My example's on joining + leaving right away, and as for what timeline b.net determines you as a bot I do not know.

I'm 99% certain making multiple games and joining games too fast are equal in bannability. Sometimes if you create/join right after leaving a game can get you t.b.'ed, but you can easily avoid this by waiting a second till your char icon appears on bottom left of the screen.

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Never knew this.

Some testing would be sweet. I have the problem of battle.net temp banning me when running meph (other ppls games) so if I can just do 2-3 key runs with my hammerdin on my other acc in between, then I'll definately get richer faster.

4. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Then try it.

I don't know how but b.net might treat others differently, though I'm pretty sure I have a "normal" connection speed. It works 100% with me, under whatever circumstances.

5. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Sometimes I find that waiting that extra second or 2 between exiting a game and starting the next will avoid that problem.

I've done some DClone server hunting and I haven't been banned. Less than a minute in each game, jumping through 20-30 games in a short amount of time, just long enough to check the server# (The SoJ message always shows while i'm in norm/NM games...). I always wait that 2 seconds before hitting the enter key to create the next game. Or maybe i'm just crazy, or really lucky to not get temp-banned.

6. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Quickly defined, the approximate time for joining games is once per three minutes. The backlog of minutes for characters cannot equal more than ten (I believe), so if you enter a game and leave after one minute, you should stay two extra with the next character.

There's a short backlog (that one) and a long backlog, that somehow, according to Blizzard, I tripped three times last Race to 99. I was restricted 24 hours each time, yet no one else got caught while Baal running - just me.