Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tell me if this would be an ok strafer

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by WuTangClan, Jun 23, 2005.

1. WuTangClan

WuTangClan IncGamers Member

Tell me if this would be an ok strafer

OK, i was thinking about making a strafer for pits and my account expired a month ago so i have a little budget. Please reply is u have any siggestions :)

Stats
    120ish str
    350ish dex
    130ish vitality mabey more
    50 energy

Equipment
    Helm:Steelskull
    Armour:Any suggestions?
    ammy:highlords
    ring1:raventfrost
    ring2:Dwarfstar (absorb)
    gloves:Laying hands
    belt:tGods(absorb)
    boots:waterwalks?
    bow:Harmony i like elemental damage if u have a suggestion on anything please post asp

thanks alot
    Wutang

2. Lensor

Lensor Banned

My opinion: :eek:

120ish str -> sounds like a lot to put in hard points, maybe after +str from equip/charms. Enough to carry your equip, not one more.
    350ish dex -> ok, the more the better
    130ish vitality mabey more -> depends on your other equip/charms, and hc/sc
    50 energy -> do not put a single point in energy, ever. Mana leach should give you all the mana you need.

Equipment
    Helm:Steelskull -> maybe tal helm for leech and resists? socket with ias jewel
    Armour:Any suggestions? -> upped twitchthroe, spirit forge, one of the cheaper rune words. Socket with ias jwls where possible.
    ammy:highlords -> sounds nice, but not exactly budget :rolleyes:
    ring1:raventfrost -> good
    ring2warfstar (absorb) -> i would rather find some rare ring with ar/leech/resist/stats, whatever suits you. You wont need the absorb i think, unless you are taking on the D-clone :p
    gloves:Laying hands -> good
    belt:tGods(absorb) -> razortail gives many good mods for a strafer. Unless you are goint to meet a lot of souls, it is better than t-gods for sure.
    boots:waterwalks? -> War travellers are the best strafer boots, hands down. Low MF ones are cheap.
    bow:Harmony i like elemental damage if u have a suggestion on anything please post asp -> my personal favourite is the Witchwild String bow, but is a matter of taste.

In general, you need more ias. For PvM you should strafe at 9/2 breakpoint. That means, for a 0 speed bow (the wws for instance) >86ias. You also need source of mana an life leech.

Keep all max/ar charms you find, and change them as you find better ones. A couple of passive/magic gc is also handy and plains are cheap.

There are a few threads on budget strafers, do a search for more detailed descriptions. :thumbsup:

3. WuTangClan

WuTangClan IncGamers Member

thanks alot but i think ill keep tgods and dwarf star they saved me alot on other chars u where big help