Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tell me about javazons.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DurfBarian, Mar 4, 2004.

1. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Tell me about javazons.

I'm making a new character. Please tell me the cookie-cutter way to do the whole javazon thing. Keep in mind:

* This is hardcore
    * This is untwinked

With those restrictions in mind, what should I be shooting for? Lots of dex and life? Lightning skills? Is a spear ever worth playing with?

kthxbai :drool:

2. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

L.Fury is good, as always.
    Max block, some in dodges, valk, such basic stuff.
    YOu should invest some to melee skills too.

3. DurfBarian

Right now I have:

couple points in Critical Strike
    couple points in Dodge and Avoid
    one point in Jab
    a few points in Power Strike
    one point in Poison Javelin

Should I try to do this with the focus on lightning? Good point about the Valkyrie, by the way; I will get a point there if I live long enough.

4. 6stringspanky

6stringspanky IncGamers Member

best way to go untwinked is definately with the lightning skills

5. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

I cannot stress the importance of a Valk in 1.10, very very powerful.

That's all I've got... :p

6. DurfBarian

You people are a lot of help. :p Coming up next: "Try holding the pointy end of the javelins toward your foes!" :surprise:

7. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Well, basically the others covered it well. 20 points in LF and Valk are enough to get you through the game. Everything else is more or less just icing on the cake. I'd put one in guided arrow to deal with LIs. (works better for me than going melee, a semi decent bow should leech enough mana to recover what you expend).

Don't put any points (other than the first) into penetrate. I wouldn't put too much into the dodging skills either, as they don't do much for you if you have a shield. Assuming 75% blocking, 50% in each of dodge, avoid and evade only gain you another 12.5%. (come to think of it, that's not correct for evade as blocking is reduced when moving (right?) but who uses evade anyway? :D)

Oh, and be prepared to be bored as the game isn't really challenging once you've maxed LF.

8. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

I got my untwinked zon to lvl 90 on hc ladder before i quit and killed her.
    skills
    LIt fury max
    charged strike max
    Plague java max
    jab 1 point (with + skills this was around 10)
    pierce 1 point if will have good +skills
    decoy 1 point
    valk 17 with +skills (at 17 she gets a war pike and does good damage)
    dodge evade and.the other lol only a couple pionts if u will have + skills
    Rest in poison java for the synergy

Gear.
    Since u are going untwinked the first thing u need to find is +skill, +ias javas. Just find some of those...get some good resists gear and u are set.

With this set up u have charged strike for bosses and single monsters and lit fury and plague java for groups. Lit immunes are ez to handle....get a might merc. Launch plague java and run in and jab. The might merc with a decent wep can easily do 4k damage and he will help ur valk and u kill alot faster

i hope this helps

9. DurfBarian

Thanks xxsteelxx. (Hope I have the right number of xx in there.)

In 1.10 are the synergies something to strive for in that lightning branch?

Should I look at dex as a way to get max block rather than a way to add damage to the javs, since the lightning will be doing the killing?

Should I go home early today and drink those beers I left in the fridge last night?

10. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

my javazone does pretty sweeet in hell...

i suggest:

Max Valkyre (really, she be your best girlfriend)
    2~3 in the acrobatic skills (dogde avoid evade depending on your +skills...) aim for 5 in each
    Pierce... if you will find a razortail (33% to pierce) around 10 points... if you dont, 15 points will do.. really this and LF, LS shines :)
    Crit strike 3 (+skills will boost this enough)
    Penetrate (check your AR, really depends on your equipment)

Lichtning Strike Max
    Lichtning Fury Max
    (Syns for eachother)

Now you'll have a crowd control (both do the trick really wel) and a melee/boss attack, LS really rocks IMO

now for your second element, so far we have had around 80 points spent.. so we have 1 more skill we can max, you can choos to become a hybrid and use immolition arrow (fire) or frozen arrow (cold, great for "stopping" groups and tear them apart with LF or LS) or you can choose to stay a pure java an max plague javalin or, ( some people like fend it, i dont) you can go for some more points in jab and or fend (melee, really your choice, but i heared a Lichtning//Poison javazone kicks grass in 1.10)

strenght, around 160 with our gear (you MIGHT find a stormshield, otherwise keep it as high is needed for your equipment
    dex, for max block
    vitaly, pump, pump, pump it up
    energy, nothing really needed, but as it is HC and untwinked, i suggest putting some points in it so that you wont run out of mana to fast, in other worths, play a little more defense (keep in mind 1.10 sells mana pots :lol: )

hope it helps a little bit, and good luck :thumbsup:

robin

edit: hmz thnx steel, now i wasted another 3 minutes of my life :teeth:

11. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

Just chiming in on the dex part. Yup, its mainly for blocking and equipping gear. You'll have more than fair dmg by the time your dex achieves those. For HC, untwinked, points would be far better spent in vita.

And remember, to dmg enemies, attack them. :drool:

*edit*

PS: about penetrate, i believe LF falls into the category of 'always hit regardless of AR'? Nonetheless i think the other skills would be AR dependant, and i'd disagree with NF here that some points spent in penetrate would be worth it.

Could run normal meph and try to get that cheesy unique long bow (IIRC) with the lvl 30 exploding arrows to handle those LI/PI monsters. :D

12. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

No, send them to me and I will find a way of disposing of them. :drink:

Back to your original question about Java Zons.... The only thing that will cause you any problems at all is LI Monsters, mainly Will 'o Wisp types in Act IV and V.
    Get a might merc, the biggest hurtiest stick you can get for him and as much leech and PDR you can get to keep his *** alive. Assuming you go pure lightning that is.

13. danc133

danc133 IncGamers Member

there are a couple good mini-guides in the zon forum one is lightning only and covers melee and ranged the other is a PJ/LF combo both are useable untwinked.

14. Wraithswind

Wraithswind IncGamers Member

If I were to go back and re-do my Javazon, I would Max Valk, Lightning Fury, and probably Freezing Arrow. The synergies for LF ar paltry unless you're willing to dedicate a lot of points into maxing a couple, and LF is insane on its own. Don't worry about any of the other lightning skills unless you actually plan to use them (Charged Strike would be a the only other lightning skill I'd put points in due to its ability to dissolve bosses...but since you have to get close to them, I'd probably ignore it and go for a 1+ point Guided Arrow). I'd put the rest of the points into dodge skills.

Have fun because a lvl 20 LF is awesome to behold :D

EDIT: And look for any Amazon specific Javs with increases stack size and Replinish Quantity because you'll burn through them faster than you read this edit. (Knockback is a plus)

15. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

Pretty much the CSzon is very good for untwinked play and using a bow can be well good enough for LIs

16. Baedric

Baedric IncGamers Member

Durf,
    I would go Max Lightning Fury, Max Charged Strike, Max Valk, try to get to 50% in Dodge, Avoid, Evade, Pierce to 50% and 1 or more points in the same string as Pierce, Critical Strike and Penetrate. Plus skill gear is very helpful as is a Holy Freeze or Might Merc. In your bow skill's I like Strafe and Guided Arrow. Charged Strike is usually your boss killer and can even be you LI killer I have found. Dex to Max blocking, Strength enough to equip your gear and everything else into Vitality. End game you should have at least 100 pts into Vitality.
    More later,

Baedric

17. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

i would not play in hell with only 100 pts in vit. Im not sure exactly how much life that is but i wouldnt play in hell with under 1k life..... 1400 + life with gear and charms is what u should try for. With 1400+ life some decent dr and max block u will have a very good zon.

18. DurfBarian

Thanks, I'll take this into consideration.

19. Ehtirno

Ehtirno IncGamers Member

I just played a bit on a friends brand new HC necro... Starting fishy, of course... He had 50 vit before he entered underground passage... What am i doing wrong? :p :p :p

20. DurfBarian

Necro = no need for massive dex or strength, really. Sounds all right to me!

Thanks for the advice in this thread. I hope to have some time to work on this character over the weekend; I've killed the Countess and rescued Cain so far.

Hmm, I also have to go watch ROTK again, too . . .