Telezealot build & gear critique

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member
Telezealot build & gear critique

I'm thinking of a tele-zealot for my next pvp character (everyone keeps bugging me to make something a bit more pub friendly than the bearzon). I realize the gear layout is pretty much the same as outlined in the Is this a good PVP Zealot Build? thread, I'm a bit more concerned with the skills.

Gear:
Helm = Crown of Ages, most likely ber + ber
Armor = Enigma dusk shroud
Belt = Arachnid Mesh, for the fcr
Weapon = Grief phase blade, possibly berserker axe stashed
Shield = 35% fcr Spirit sacred targe or rondache (whatever is on the mules)
Gloves = Trang's Bracers, for the fcr and cold res
Boots = possibly Gores for the crit., maybe Waterwalks for the life, res boots in the stash
Amulet = Highlord's, for the huge crit. and ias
Rings = Ravenfrosts, cbf, mana, ar, cold absorb

The pub setup nets 75% fcr, solid res, high % critical strike, 86% fhr with one small charm, and 39% pdr. Is there anything else that should go in the stash (save the obvious res and absorb gear, I don't plan on using much of the latter).

Skills:
max zeal
max fanaticism
max sacrifice
max holy sheild?
1 pt holy freeze for flashing
1 pt salvation

Would a point in vigor be worth it for the added desynch? Would it be worthwhile to put the remainder of points in to resist lightning for the passive resistance bonus? Or might dumping the rest in charge be a better option?

SicHalo

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Telezealot build & gear critique

I'm thinking of a tele-zealot for my next pvp character (everyone keeps bugging me to make something a bit more pub friendly than the bearzon). I realize the gear layout is pretty much the same as outlined in the Is this a good PVP Zealot Build? thread, I'm a bit more concerned with the skills.

Gear:
Helm = Crown of Ages, most likely ber + ber
Armor = Enigma dusk shroud
Belt = Arachnid Mesh, for the fcr
Weapon = Grief phase blade, possibly berserker axe stashed
Shield = 35% fcr Spirit sacred targe or rondache (whatever is on the mules)
Gloves = Trang's Bracers, for the fcr and cold res
Boots = possibly Gores for the crit., maybe Waterwalks for the life, res boots in the stash
Amulet = Highlord's, for the huge crit. and ias
Rings = Ravenfrosts, cbf, mana, ar, cold absorb

The pub setup nets 75% fcr, solid res, high % critical strike, 86% fhr with one small charm, and 39% pdr. Is there anything else that should go in the stash (save the obvious res and absorb gear, I don't plan on using much of the latter).

Skills:
max zeal
max fanaticism
max sacrifice
max holy sheild?
1 pt salvation

Would a point in vigor be worth it for the added desynch? Would it be worthwhile to put the remainder of points in to resist lightning for the passive resistance bonus? Or might dumping the rest in charge be a better option?
vs mele u may want to carry a max dr setup i.e allowing u to use i.e verdungos for dr and still have a setup that hits 43 fcr vs mele so trangs + spirit.

holy shield for the added defence also it adds some dmg to smite in instances may use smite as grief powers a nice 1 point smite up alot

Also what about sticking an exile or zaka for def vs mele?

res boots is a must..

on the mele note maybe worth carrying angelics for the ar boost.

Also gores would be nice giving u high ds

on to stats hmm holyfreeze is nice and helpful vs bow ama and mele chars to aid ur zealing in the same way as tele-smiting

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the quick reply SicHalo.

I was possibly considering stashing a String of Ears for melee opponents and wind druids possibly (even an 11% roll would cover the pdr and even provide a little leach for the latter). A Herald could make for a nice def boost against melee, it could even be ber-ed to put me close to maximum pdr (I don't see myself using Exile because of the tap). I've definitely got a pair of 40 cold res booties that are certainly going in the stash, and Angelics certainly won't take up much room either.

I'm pretty set on maxing zeal, fanaticism, sacrifice, and holy shield as the core skill set with a point in salvation and at least one in holy freeze. I guess it's a question of what to allocate the remainder of the skill points in: resist lightning, charge, or maybe even holy freeze.

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member

oh my god the mebd is making a pvp char that IS NOT LLD.
this thread should be stickied for historicial significance !

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member

Hah, I know, it is a rare event. I was wanting to make something that you don't see every day which could also stand a solid chance against a lot of classes. And they look like so much fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL-qm14B13w

p.s. iso duels vs. your fishure druid when he's done. ^_^

p.p.s. have you made any improvements on that guy recently?

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

Skills:
max zeal
max fanaticism
max sacrifice
max holy sheild?
1 pt salvation

I don't see why the skills shouldn't be the same as tele-smite, basically you're maxing zeal and sacrifice instead.Even if you don't use vigor to desynch I find useful just running through town quicker, worth it IMO. Leftover points can pump resist lightning and if you have an odd number of points left, put it in defiance since you only get +1 max res for 2 hard points.

Unless you plan on actually switching to the aura, of course.

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't see why the skills shouldn't be the same as tele-smite, basically you're maxing zeal and sacrifice instead.Even if you don't use vigor to desynch I find useful just running through town quicker, worth it IMO. Leftover points can pump resist lightning and if you have an odd number of points left, put it in defiance since you only get +1 max res for 2 hard points.

Unless you plan on actually switching to the aura, of course.
Good point UberB, getting one point in vigor also gives me access to cleansing for curse reduction as well.

I also just thought of this browsing the Summit, would an Alma Negra be a worthwhile stash piece for higher def versus melee opponents like SicHalo mentioned? It has a blocking ratio and defense comparable to a Zaka, but also has a nice ed and ar bonus as well. :scratchchin:

NewForumBloke

Diabloii.Net Member

I suppose a good eth zod'd negra would help against high def chars. Dunno how much the ar% and ed will add for you though, but the 20ias could be nice if you needed to swap anything out.

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member

I wouldn't be using an Alma or Zaka for the ar boost so much as providing a little more defense for myself (or more so than a hundred something spirit) against melee opponents, and I don't plan on using an Exile (life tap, yuck). I suppose it is the first run of the character, I can try and use both and see how they work.

I also don't expect to win against plain old zeal vs. zeal zealots (hold-left-click duels are only so exciting), unless I just telesmite them. ^_^

NewForumBloke

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, if its only for the def, then id say a eth HoZ would almost be the better choice. Course i suppose id have to be up'd and that could potentially pose a problem for you being on nl...

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

I wouldn't be using an Alma or Zaka for the ar boost so much as providing a little more defense for myself (or more so than a hundred something spirit) against melee opponents, and I don't plan on using an Exile (life tap, yuck).
When it comes to something as groundbreaking as lifetap, I find that one has to fight fire with fire.

SucksAtDiablo

Diabloii.Net Member

"(everyone keeps bugging me to make something a bit more pub friendly than the bearzon)"

Bearzons are fun for ze win. Sorry for the spam but that build owns tbh. ;P. Gl with your telezealot, sorry I know nothing about it *whistle*

NewForumBloke

Diabloii.Net Member

Theres definately some very good info in that thread mebd. Lots of consideration of gear set-ups, skill allocation, scenarios where you need different auras, ias, stack, etc.

Its a pretty darn good read, in fact a lot of the info from it could pretty much be compilated into a guide its just missing a duel strat which it doesnt seem they have discussed a whole lot yet.

MysticDragon

Diabloii.Net Member

Definitely get Vigor. You'll be spending a lot of time charging around to desynch. As for telesmite vs telezeal, you don't have to be as accurate with your locks, but chainlocking is an important skill for this build.

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for that link faceinthecrowd, that was quite helpful.

I'm definitely planning on a point in vigor for the extra charge velocity. Now that I think of it, the gear and skills layout is probably going to look like:

Gear:
Helm = Crown of Ages, ber + ber
Armor = Enigma dusk shroud (possibly upgrade to archon plate)
Belt = Arachnid Mesh, Verdungo's for melee
Weapon = Grief phase blade, berserker axe stashed
Shield = 35% fcr Spirit sacred targe or rondache
Shield alternatives = Zaka ber-ed, eth Alma Negra, Phoenix maybe (I think there was a tjx recommendation in that previous thread)
Gloves = Trang's Bracers
Boots = Gores, resist booties
Amulet = Highlord's
Rings = Ravenfrosts

Skills:
max zeal
max fanaticism
max sacrifice
max holy sheild
1 pt holy freeze
1 pt vigor
1 pt salvation
rest into resist lightning

The only thing I'm not terribly certain on will be the different shield swaps for melee (mostly bvcs and the like), but that'll get figured out once he's built and I've had a chance to try out different setups. Thanks for all the comments everyone. :wink:

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member

When you have played arround with a few shields in a a few duells, im sure you will end up using spirit 95% of the time in pubs, and exile 5%.

Nothing else.

StrawberryCake

Diabloii.Net Member

i only have a telezeal on d2pk
but it looks like this:

Coa Ber/Ber
Arach
Highlords
Strenght 20fhr 30 frw TrippleRessis boots
Trang Ouls
Spirti ST
Eni Dusk
2*Ravens
Grief Ba

on switch i have:
Circle with dex 20fcr life mana 2 pala (well its perf b/c its d2pk but you should carry some 20fcr with nice mods in stash)
Gores
Dungos
10Fcr Ar/Strenght Life ressis Ring to hit 30-50fcr with Exile/Phoenix
phoenix is more some funshield tbh, it interrupts ur zealframe but the dmg is funny sometimes
Draculz for when i wear the circle gores and Arach (es sorcs/nec as example)
Exile ST (for pk and vs barbs)
3/20/5fhr sc

basically i got every gear needed
i can switch to 30-50fcr with mass defense and high chance to lifetap while still having maxblock and 48fhr bp
an anticaster setup
a mainsetup as listed

i did:
max zeal
max sacri
max fana
1 Holyfreeze (vs barbs, but isnt needed and i would tskill that anymore lol)
1 vigor (gg skill)
20 Holyshield
rest charge

i do not need 85 Max Lr mostly, i rather have gg charge dmg and high defense vs certain chars

faceinthecrowd

Diabloii.Net Member

In my US East ladder experiences...the trangs + arach sash tend to be enough to tele sufficiently on most casters. The only need really needed is a nice namelock skill :D

EDIT: wow my smiley face looks retarded XD

NewForumBloke

Diabloii.Net Member

If you need a 35 fcr spirit ST i have a spare on NL im not really using. IIRC its like a 30+ res base one with 100+ mana. Im sure i have some other gear you can use if you need as well. LMK mebd, ill be on saturday at the earliest (class friday then a crap ton of drinking to end my quarter lol).