Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Telesmiter?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by d00m2k, Oct 25, 2006.

1. d00m2k

d00m2k IncGamers Member

Telesmiter?

I've looked at both the Pally guide and PVP Guides, but haven't found much on the telesmiter.

I read that a telesmiter can be a dominant PVP char, even taking down hammerdins. Any good videos of a telesmiter? I'm interested to find out which chars they do well against, and which ones they have a tough time against (and how they do well vs. WW barbs, fury druids, necros, sorcs, etc...).

I'm guessing their skills are 20 Smite, 20 Hshield, 20 Fanat, 20 Defiance.

Gear would probably be Grief/Exile, Nigma for casters/Fort for melee, and then steelrends, gores, highlords, absorb rings, Tgods/dungo. Anyone have specifics?

I'm really curious so maybe someone with knowledge of the telesmiter can help me out.

2. Imbecile

Imbecile IncGamers Member

Enigma is the superior armor for a smiter. At least on SC/EU/NL it is, because of some special items. I suggest you read Camden's smiter guide in Paladin Forums.

3. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

You really need to factor in fcr to this type of build. I would try to hit the 48 fcr brkpt. Arachs, fcr ring, 2/20 ammy is always a nice route for getting there. Also, you'd be in good shape going w/ nigma vs. all. Fort is nice for a smiter, but enigma has some great benefits that outweighs fortitude. This build is kind of a balancing act between a nice fcr with a high ias on your smite. I am by no means an expert, but i've practiced quite a bit w/ telesmite and it can be a mean *** attack if executed correctly. Vs. good casters, at least for me, it's been impossible. But then of course you've got charge for dealing with them. I'd forget the defiance and dump 20 into charge as your back up. My 2 cents.

4. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

rather put in 1 charge and pump vigor?

5. jake007

jake007 IncGamers Member

I've always wanted to build a tele-smiter that relies on good fcr and fhr.
    10 frame teleport (75fcr) and a 6 frame uninterruptable/unblockable/stun attack is a mean combo, in my opinion.

Too bad I haven't seen any smiter with a fcr of over 40...

Points in charge IMO, AR can be pretty important too.

6. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

You know, a telesmiter IS a telesmiter because it teleports. So what's up with the Fortitude?

Also, telesmite can be superior to desynch versus some characters (WW barbs for example).

Oh, and what's up with your gloves? Bloodfists or Dracul's rather.

7. d00m2k

d00m2k IncGamers Member

Good info, keep it coming, I think I'm going to make a HC one. Chainlocking has me interested...I have always been able to nl + tele well, is chainlocking just nl + tele, nl + tele repeatedly?

Also, what's the actual (not listed) damage on a well equiped smiter? Assuming 20 Smite, 20 Hshield, 20 Fanat, eth Exile + Griefzerk?

8. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

actual (unlisted) dmg on a well-euipped smiter last i knew was about 8k with the ed% from fanat+smite, and the dmg on grief, etc. also... u said eth exile, the ethereal-ness doesnt effect smite dmg... it only effects defense ;D

9. moonlike

moonlike Banned

i tried it on my hammer(i took pb grief and hl) , its funny char but my dmg sucked ^^

10. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

They can work very well ;). I have a guide on a tele-based smiter on jsp and on the pally forums. The one here though is closed, I need to rewrite it legit according to the rules that I have recently been made aware of :|

11. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

please do so, this guide should be stickied here as well, it would make a nice contribution to the paladin guide library :thumbsup:

Mike

12. blobswannabe

blobswannabe IncGamers Member

I'll write a short guide this weekend. However, to be able to compete with telesmite at the highest level you need to be one of the fastest at name locking and chain locking. So it's gonna take a lot of practice if you wanna use one to its maximum effectiveness. It's not a build recommended for average duelers since it's purely dependent on your name locking skills and basically requires you to name lock much faster than the other guy and pretty gear dependent too. Unless you just wanna take the short cut like mcm and use gmod. ^^

13. d00m2k

d00m2k IncGamers Member

Is there a difference b/w namelocking and chainlocking? I'm quick at namelocking once I get used to the character. Or is chainlocking just NLing over and over? Someone mind explaining?

14. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

I laugh whenever mods do that. Theres so many guides that mention wizzies and 08 valk. I havn't read your guide though... so... off to do so. :thumbsup: :wave:

15. blobswannabe

blobswannabe IncGamers Member

Telesmiter guide.

To be honest I haven't made a real telesmiter myself, I just telesmite on my hammerdin and foher with base level smite.

A real telesmiter should be much more efficient and can tank just about anything. Here's what I'd do if i were to make one.

Gear:
    Helm:BerBer Coa for vs all and physical damage dealers, kiras for res stack, shako vs hammerdins,necs.
    Armor: "Telesmite" duh
    weapon:grief phase (zerker if you wanna use highlords)
    shield: Pally Spirit with res, preferably 35 fcr sacred targe with as res as possible.
    Boots:classic rares
    Belt:spider belt.(Verdungo,tgods for certain situations.)
    Rings: 1 raven frost, 1 fcr ring with good stats/res or nature's peace for oak and minion stack.
    ammy:mara's,fcr ammy,(highlords if you wanna use grief zerker or if you want to use charge)
    Switch:cta and pally spirit
    gloves:trangs (blood fist,drac's for certain situations)

Summary:with pally spirit,trangs,and spider belt you should have 75 fcr. coa,spirit and boots should give you more than enough fhr. and you res should be ok.....

Charms: Pally combat gcs with life, life res scs.(I can't afford them myself but without them you won't have enough res in hell so good luck with that)

Stats:
    Enough str to use coa with the + str from other items. Depends on what rings and ammy you use you can even go with base str.
    Enough dex for max block
    rest in vita

Skills:
    smite:20
    fanatacism:20
    HS:20
    Prerequisites and the skills all pallies should have.
    Duh
    You can be creative with the rest of the skill points. vigor is a must. You can either focus the rest of your skill points on charge or foh,etc for back up.

How to telesmite? 90% of the people who think they know how to telesmite don't know how to do it right here's how you do it.

For experts: It's just telezerk with an extra hot key switch. Switch to fana as soon as you land on top of your target. Which is easy as pie with a little practice.

For Begginers:
    Put smite on left click, tele and fana on right click and hot key them.
    Name lock them with left click using smite and have tele on right click.As soon as you have him name locked, move the cursor right above your character's feet (Center of the screen).Now tap right click and you'll tele right on top of them and your cursor will also be right on top of them so you can name lock again right away.(as soon as you tap tele, use hot key to switch to fana) Now you'll be hitting him with smite and fana auro on. if he gets away just repeat the same process while holding the name lock.

Tricks to get a lock( For people who can't name lock well):
    Trick 1:
    Shift smite in a corner or somewhere safe until you can name lock them with smite, now you can start doing the whole telesmite sequence. Most people won't expect you do start jumping on them from screens away when your smiting at air.

Trick 2:
    Name lock someone with an auro(right click duh), then move ur cursor to the center of the screen. switch to tele and you'll tele on them. Now you can lock them with smite using left click.

Dueling tips:
    Against sins:
    against trappers you are better off using charge, but you can always be cheap and put on massive res/sorb and never die.
    If you lose to meleesins just go slit.

Sorcs:
    Same with trappers, if they have low block you can just use charge. It's mostly about whether or not you can afford to make a pally with good res stack.

Necro: Use nature's peace for minion stack against bone necros.
    Summoners are even easier.
    antidote prebuff>> poison nova nec.

Zons:
    CS zons::rolleyes:
    Bow zons: It's hard to hit a good bowzon with telesmite so you'll have to use charge a lot. Just vigor charge around and desynch like mad ,approach them by spiraling inward then charge/smite them.

Pallies:
    Hammerdin: (Hard duel against a really good one)use nature's peace for minion stack, play defensive and use the tricks i mentioned to surprise them. It's best when you can get them stuck next to a wall,puddle,pole,river,etc so you can insta kill them. Or you can be lame and sit in a house next to a wall then shift smite then nl him when he shows up on ur screen. If he tries to come into the house just let go of shift and you'll smite his face in.

Melee pallies: :rolleyes:
    Fohers: If you have stack you can't lose.

Druids:
    Melee druids::rolleyes:
    Elemental druids: use the tricks i mentioned to get easy name locks through the minion stack.
    Also it's easier to nl tele on top then nl with smite than it is to try and nl him with smite first. Minion stack makes it hard to nl him wihtout teleing on him first.

Barbs:
    If you have ebug exile you should be able to kill just about any barb with telesmite.

Other tips:
    1.Always try to get someone stuck next to something and your smite will instant kill him.
    2.Don't let me catch you using aa/gmod or other cheats if you know what's good for you. I already explained how to do it legimately.

16. TheJesus

TheJesus Banned

I was the first smiter to introduce telesmite on Europe NL. I can help out or sure if there are any questions.