Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Teleporting technique

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Nizidramanii'yt, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Nizidramanii'yt

Nizidramanii'yt IncGamers Member

Teleporting technique

Hi all,
    My sorc is now lvl 86 (SCL) with average equipment and FCR of 80%.
    I haven't max blocked yet (60% for now) since i'm waiting to find a Lem to upgrade my Vicerataunt. The problem is that I keep on dying when teleporting in dangerous places; for instance one I get hit by any monster my sorc wont tele before 1-2 secs. I must add that my net connection is DSL 1024 but still laggy!

What's the best way to tele around without dying? Should u leave the mouse button clicked when teleporting? Do I need lots of FHR? Should I get to 107% FCR as I have the items for it?

Thanks a lot for answering my questions.

-Nizi

2. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

You could try to get some FHR equipment and see if you improve, but basically the 63% breakpoint should be enough. Max-block should not matter in that case since for teleporting to work nicely you shuld not get hit at all. Blocking also has an animation that can freeze you...

You can try with higher FCR, but since you are lagging this migth be the issue.
    Lagging can also come from your comp and not your connection. Have look at your ping. With my connection i can forget teleporting if my ping gets over 200.
    Normally i have between 60-100 ping and then teleporting is no problem.

You can keep the Teleport button lcicked constantly if you dot lag, otherwise try looking ahead and do teleport combined with a bit of running. LOOk where you teleport so you wont land in mobs. This ofcourse cannot be forseen if you jump over casms or walls.
    Sticking to walls corners should usually do the trick. Having high life so that you can also absorb some blows for when getting out of hit animation is important too.

Usually 63% fcr or 107% fcr should do the trick.

For soem fast FHR equipment try with Bloodfist gloves (30% FHR). They are cheap to get.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i found 1 point shiver armor to be a lifesaver in this aspect. it works on attack, not on hit. so, all melee monsters that are targetting you instantly get frozen for those vital frames it takes me to tp away.

you also cannot tp if you highlight a chest or monster. i generally shake my mouse in critical teleport situations to unhighlight anything that might be interfering with tp.

however, your connection issues is a bigger worry to me. i have a feeling if one person has a slow connection, it bogs down other people.

i was in a game where one guy said he was on dialup. everybody else in the game died at least once, most people several times, including me. my deaths were lag deaths, where i on my screen, i look safe, but suddenly i hear *bam bam bam bam bam ow ow ow ow* and die.

if you notice people dying a lot when you are around, you shouldn't do parties. until you get a better connection, you should stick to solo games.

4. melianor

had similiar issues but noticed that if i dont keep the mouse straight in the direction but rather do little zig-zag movements, while teleport button is kept pressed, i will not get caught on chests/barrels/doors.

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

some areas are relatively predictable, like worldstone. chests there are never next to the wall, so the old "stick to the wall" advice works, but in a different way than originally intended.

6. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

I have no problem teleporting with 70fcr. I can do this when it is slightly laggy, when there is more than slight lag (very rare) i dont wait for things to happen, i exit the game.

Shiver armor is very important, it does happen that 1 teleport is interupted by an attack, then the shiver armor makes the monsters slow enough to give you time for a teleport before the next attack.

Usually i hold the mouse button when i need to go one direction. When teleport is interupted or i need to change directions, i let go the button and click again. With slight lag, i often find myself clicking more than holding it.

I don't know what faster block rate is on your shield, but it might help as well. I use mosers, and sometimes blocking seems to delay me a little bit (but it is better than no blocking and being delayed by hit recovery)
    Hit recovery supposedly depends on the amount of damage and the amount of life you have (when more damage than a x% of your max life, you go into hit recovery) So more life will reduce the chance you have to go in hit recovery, and fhr could help to recover faster (i dont have any fhr though as far as i know)

Finally, you should make your sorc strong enough to survive for at least a second or 2 when she cannot teleport anymore. When teleporting baal runs, i also do get interupted sometimes when teleporting into a chamber with like 100 monsters, but they certainly wont kill me. (i play HCL)

Dont use ES without high telekinesis.

defences i use:

1100 life, 700 mana
    max Tk, lvl 1 ES
    max block
    40 damage reduct
    absorb all 3 elements.

absorb all elements is done by raven, dwarf, tgods.
    damage reduct i have from shaft and shako, if you are more wealthy, you could get it from SS.

7. flaming parrots

flaming parrots IncGamers Member

Hold down "alt" while you teleport. That way you won't click on monsters or chests, or anything that would stop you from zipping around.

8. Nizidramanii'yt

Thanks a lot for all your answers.

I was sure melianor would have some trick to give :bow: . bwt, how to you now what ping you have? I live in France and play on Europe realm (which is in the UK if I'm not mistaken) so the lag could come from here.

I'll try to stick to the walls and press alt to prevent me from clicking on some monster or some chest.

I am not using energy shield and don't plan to so I'll need more life. I already have around 850 but I'm looking to complete Tal's set (need armor and amy :grrr: ) to get more life, even though Waken has 1100 life in HC and does not seem to have any problem.

Finally, is DSL 1024/128 "slow" compared to other users? I've notice that I die more of lag than anything else as I play in a relatively prudent way.

Thanks again for your advice.

-Nizi

9. melianor

Compared to others i'd say your connection is not slow 1024 DSL is good average. How about your comp?
    Life is always good!
    To see your ping press the key you use in a game to type a msg and then type /fps :teeth:

10. Nizidramanii'yt

Thanks melianor for the ping trick.
    I hope my comp is not in question: it's a celeron 4 2.6GHz with 256DDR... (maybe more RAM would help)

Btw, on which realm do u play melianor?

-Nizi

11. melianor

Its certainly NOT your comp :cheesy: Wish i had a machine like that. D2 was built for systems that are alot slower. Its an old game ;)
    Europe realm here too :) HC and SC.

12. Nizidramanii'yt

I was thinking of something else that could cause the lag, but not sure of it.
    I have Norton Antivirus 2004 and Zonealarm Pro running in the background. I could possibly turn them off when playing to see if it influences my game...

This is my very first char on B.net since I got DSL very recently. I think I'm just getting too old to play games on the net :drool: .

Btw, what's a Tal Armor or Amy worth on SCL in Europe? Got loads of exeptional and some elite uniques but can't manage to trade them for runes...

-Nizi

13. melianor

Unless Norton is checking for viruses when you play this should be no problem (have it on aswell). Zone alarm is not really processor intensive.
    Their worth is high. You can sometimes get Tal Armor for Pgems (range of 100-120) but otherwise its usually a higher rune :cheesy: just aswell as Tal's amu. Tal's Amu has about the same value as Mara's Kaleidoscope.
    I paid alot to get those items.
    Possibly you could also get it for stuff like Skullders, Shako and so on, but it would have to be a few of those items combined.