Teleporting technique in Durance lvl 2 ?

justy303

Diabloii.Net Member
Teleporting technique in Durance lvl 2 ?

Hi there, all Hell-Meph runners! What's the best technique for teleporting to/finding durance lvl 3 ? Since I play hardcore, death is not an option. I guess I need lots of FCR, but how should I do the rest?
 

Shadows_Revenge

Diabloii.Net Member
What I have learned during my runs is that Durance LvL 3 is located clockwise from the Durance LvL 2 WP. Or at least that is how it always works for me.
 

Bookmanx

Diabloii.Net Member
Shadows_Revenge said:
What I have learned during my runs is that Durance LvL 3 is located clockwise from the Durance LvL 2 WP. Or at least that is how it always works for me.
Clockwise works great for me usually. However sometimes I think I am the champ at finding Durance 1 when 2 is not directly left of the TP.
 

Lyrs

Diabloii.Net Member
they've cahnged the maps so that the d3 entrance is random. however, go clockwise, systematic. you'll find it sooner or later. just don't die.
 

Stiertje

Diabloii.Net Member
The entrance of the Durance level 3 is always in a righthanded direction. This means if you follow the wall at your right hand. It however DOES NOT mean the entrance is always to the right of the WP. I even found the Durance level 3 in the middle of the map once.
 

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Stiertje said:
The entrance of the Durance level 3 is always in a righthanded direction. This means if you follow the wall at your right hand. It however DOES NOT mean the entrance is always to the right of the WP. I even found the Durance level 3 in the middle of the map once.
Aehm, lil correction. When the wp faces down, meaning lvl walls are on the downside of the wp, run clockwise to the left. when the tp is facing up, meaning lvlwalls on the topside of the run right. clockwise in general.
also found it in the middle of the map sometimes, but not as often as on some of the outer walls.

also good to know: when the wp faces down, then entrance to lvl3 will be facing down meaning from a northern oriented wall.
If the wp is faced up the entrance will be on a west-oriented wall.
Or was that the other way round? *confused* :)
 

asdfghjkl

Diabloii.Net Member
clockwise to the left = I'm guessing you meant to say run counterclockwise

clockwise to the right = I'm guessing you mean clockwise (regular clock rotation)

Just wanted to make sure.
 

cthrag

Diabloii.Net Member
asdfghjkl said:
clockwise to the left = I'm guessing you meant to say run counterclockwise

clockwise to the right = I'm guessing you mean clockwise (regular clock rotation)

Just wanted to make sure.
Clockwise to the left: You're at the 6 o'clock position (imagine a clock face), so you go left to go clockwise.

Clockwise to the right: you're at 12 o'clock, so you head right.

Of course this is only approximate since the durance isn't really circular...you get the idea, though.
 

Stiertje

Diabloii.Net Member
cthrag said:
Clockwise to the left: You're at the 6 o'clock position (imagine a clock face), so you go left to go clockwise.

Clockwise to the right: you're at 12 o'clock, so you head right.

Of course this is only approximate since the durance isn't really circular...you get the idea, though.
Easier, just think of the direction your char is going. Just go to HER left and you wn't have to worry about clockwise left, right blahblah. Just go to the left (of your char)
 

Vizier

Diabloii.Net Member
Stiertje said:
Easier, just think of the direction your char is going. Just go to HER left and you wn't have to worry about clockwise left, right blahblah. Just go to the left (of your char)
These posts are amusingly confusing. I think using North, East, South, West would be more helpful instead of "clockwise left" and so forth. I got the impression some of you are using directions with respect to the character you are playing and which way it is facing, and others are referencing the quadrants of the display.

And the walls post... that could be more explicitly explained, but I'm still not exactly positive I understood the basis for your orientation. Maybe a better orientation description of the wp location would be the direction of the exit of the wp room in relation to the wp itself, since there's usually only one way out of that room.

It's all useful information, but it's ironically USELESS if you can't get it across clearly. Maps are useless if you don't know where you are on them.

Maybe a better orientation description of the wp location would be exit of the room in which the wp is spawned in relation to the wp itself, since there's usually only one way out of that room, then you know exactly which way you are talking about.

Somebody tell me if this is the correct gist of what everyone was saying: Walk out of the room where the waypoint spawns and turn left, following and keeping that wall to your left. You *should* find the stairs to Durance 3 sooner than if you turned right just outside the exit from the wp room and kept that wall on your right.

Amusingly, if you follow the wall going right or left, (clockwise or counterclockwise) you'll eventually find the Durance 3 stairs anyway. I think the point of the post is to state which way usually involves less walking/teleporting. Better yet, if we could make a general bee-line to one side of the screen and then go towards the usual expected area that would be even better, but no one has clearly related any information on how to do this. As some said, I think there's some effect on how the exit of the wp room is oriented with respect to the wp.
 

lil_julia

Diabloii.Net Member
I find all these posts quite confusing. So, I decided to post my 2 cents. What works for me 99% of the time is teleporting to the LEFT of the CHARACTER. That way you never have to worry about where the wp is facing and whatnot
 

halflife78

Diabloii.Net Member
What I do is I tele to the leftmost wall of my character then work up. If I run into the Durance lvl 1 entrance first, I have always found that the lvl 3 entrance is counter clockwise to the lvl 1 entrance. In simple terms, go left to wall, follow wall up till you run into lvl 3 or 1. If you run into 1 first, tele down to the left following the wall until you find lvl 3.
 

justy303

Diabloii.Net Member
Tnx for the replies. I know about the "left is right"-thing. But I'd like some input regarding tele-technique too. Like;

Do you tele constantly till you find the entrance? If so, doesn't this drain your mana like mad?. Or do you walk in between?. Can the monsters hit you if you got 70% FCR? I mean, when tele-ing like a maniac, there is no way you can tell if the next tele will take you to a group of fana dolls (or something as scary). If they can't hit you, good. If they can hit you, say goodbye to HC-sorc.
 

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
justy303 said:
Tnx for the replies. I know about the "left is right"-thing. But I'd like some input regarding tele-technique too. Like;

Do you tele constantly till you find the entrance? If so, doesn't this drain your mana like mad?. Or do you walk in between?. Can the monsters hit you if you got 70% FCR? I mean, when tele-ing like a maniac, there is no way you can tell if the next tele will take you to a group of fana dolls (or something as scary). If they can't hit you, good. If they can hit you, say goodbye to HC-sorc.
With 8-frames fcr (63% FCR upwards) you can escape attacks, if you should land in a mob, if not walk or run out of the mob and let your merc take the hits or better start teleporting immediatly again.

From my personal experience i teleport always, no walking unless i get stranded in a mob.
Always click at the edge of the screen and ONLY watch the map to see where i am (map overlayed in the normal size, not minimized).
i dont even recognize what monsters are about, just focus on the map to see when i would tele into walls so that i have to change directions.

when you have done a few runs you will be able to recognize the various elements that are used to build lvl2 and so you will be able to start the spot where the lvlpart begins that contains the entrance to lvl3.

Mana-drain is no problem (only have base energy and like 600 mana with items) if need be i drink a supermana potion.

Other than achieving +63% FCR, what is good to have is an item with "cannot be frozen" like ravenfrost for example. This way those dolls cannot slow you which can be annoying otherwise if you get into one of ther emobs and have to run out of that in slow-mo.

Faster Hit recovery migth help aswell since you can recover faster if you should get hit before you cast teleport (Bloodfists for example here), but its not really necessary. FCR is the most important thing here!

Now lets hear some other approaches 8)
I read some walk/run/teleport aswell.
 

Zavior

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont know is this posted yet. Tele always near walls, not to center of rooms, monsters will be at center, not near walls.
 

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Zavior said:
I dont know is this posted yet. Tele always near walls, not to center of rooms, monsters will be at center, not near walls.
But mind ending corners of lvl2! There can always be a bunch of nasties there.
 

DoC-Makaveli

Diabloii.Net Member
lol it doesnt matter if u go clockwise or counter-clockwise! just teleport around the edge of the map, doesnt matter which way u go!!!!! lol!
 

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
DoC-Makaveli said:
lol it doesnt matter if u go clockwise or counter-clockwise! just teleport around the edge of the map, doesnt matter which way u go!!!!! lol!
Clockwise is almost always shorter...
 

Stiertje

Diabloii.Net Member
melianor said:
With 8-frames fcr (63% FCR upwards) Mana-drain is no problem (only have base energy and like 600 mana with items) if need be i drink a supermana potion.
Finally someone else with base mana. I've been playing with base mana from the beginning, and all my char's are with no point invested in Energy.

And I think you ALSO think mana shield suck, right?

Anyway, the thread started as a HC Teleporting sorc question, so I'll keep it HC now. All the things melianor says are correct. You need the following things.

- Life
- Resistances
- Block
- at leasr 63% FCR
- at least 15% FHR

I find Whitstans Guard to be the best Blocking sorc's shield. Not only for the higher chance to block (more points for vita) but also for Faster Block (Fana dolls are scary)

And Energy Shield? Don't use it. I've been reading that it is better for you to see your mana bulb empty (which is true) but THAT usually means your life bulb will be empty 1 second later. You're better of with less mana and more life, because you can drink mana pots when mana is empty, you can't drink life pots when your life is depleted (=death)
 
Top