Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"teleport onto the pot"

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Aaiieeee, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Aaiieeee

Aaiieeee IncGamers Member

"teleport onto the pot"

This guy was convinced I was using tmc (not even sure what it is) and after arguing with me, he asked me to teleport onto a mana potion, it seems this was some kind of test. I did it and after he didnt seem to complain any more.

In a later duel game someone else gets accused and the accuser says to him "bet you wont teleport onto a pot". So can someone explain to me what this is all about?

I have a feeling the tmc thing is a fast cast mod but Im not sure, I was just doing my thing with my blizz sorc and got accused of using it!

(when you get accused of cheating it always feels good because it means you are doing something right!)

note: I dont use tmc!

2. jakotaco

jakotaco IncGamers Member

Re: "teleport onto the pot"

saving that quote :azn:

And while I never used said application I guess it somehowswon't work with the autotargeting system. (maybe the teleport to potion is the trigger off the autotarget macro?)

3. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

There is a thread on mods in the guides sticky.

I haven't used TMC but i believe if you do use it, autoaim is part of it and thus you always teleport on top of the enemy not on top of a pot that he drops.

Just a friendly warning: mod users should think twice before they post here and "advocate" things. This thread is not about legitimacy of using mods/hacks and it will be watched closely :wink3:

4. Aaiieeee

Had a second person accuse me now, Im really curious as to what it is Im doing that makes them say it. Ive started a blizz sorc and am dueling at level 81 (only done a few hours total dueling with it so far) but I know what I am doing as Ive played a light sorc for a very long time.

5. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

well if you are able to namelock flawlessly then you will be accused of aa all the time, if they lose for w/e reason you will be accused of aa , dont woprry about it just ignore the pubs

6. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

Teleport on a pot? I use /nopickup. :p

7. Aaiieeee

Yeah, I know what to expect from pubs, but have never had this before.

8. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

i have, alot, i tell them i also use "omg", "gtfo", "wtf" ,"gfg", "noob" , "gg" mods too.

9. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

I think the tele on a pot thing is unrelated to auto aim. I'm not sure how it works, but I was in a 4v4 private duel and a windy was accused of tmc and he was asked to perform the same test. I didn't understand what was supposed to happen but the whole group went over to watch. Soon as he landed on the pot, the group went ballastic and the windy s/e'd within less than a second. Everyone continued with slammin and finally exited themselves. I would be very curious of what this test is so I can whip it out and embarrass nooblets. By the way Aaiieeee from what i understand, tmc is a mod which makes your char reach fcr, fbr, etc breakpoints by adjusting some program. It's mainly used for the fcr afiak and most users are terrible when they don't have it. Another good check is to ask to see their set up or watch how fast a sorc tele's to get their bod w/o gear.

My fb'er gets accused a lot and I just offer to show my set up. When they see i'm using a spirit sword, fhr gcs and boat loads of fcr gear they usually shut up. Or switch to claiming I use AA :undecided:

10. zeiris

zeiris IncGamers Member

That's dumb. TMC increases cast speeds, you detect it when you see wind druids cast as fast as 200fcr fireball sorcs >.>

Teleporting onto spirit wolves or golems is a way to check for gmod. (Well, not teleporting - attacking or casting a spell on or something.)

Such "tests" are pretty inconclusive though, since a half-decent player can just use shift+attack...

11. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

It's not that easy to tell if a sorc is hittin 105 or 200 in a full ffa game tho. I'm sure even the dumbest of tmc nubs try to not tele/cast like a madman to be a dead giveaway. After a few 1v1 duels it's noticable but that's not always the case when there's tons of jumping and multiple duels goin on.

12. zeiris

zeiris IncGamers Member

...Nope, I don't think anyone purposefully slows down their casting to hide they TMC. It's not like Blizzard cares enough to ban people seen using it.

If you think they're doing that they probably beat you legitly and you're just bitter :p

13. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

people use this to test whether someone is using Gmod or not, like zeiris said.

they drop a pot a bit beside their character and ask you to teleport onto the pot. if you use gmod you cant because you automatically aim onto the character because of what gmod does.

about whether this test is good or dumb or whatever .. i dont know. i have never seen doing it, i only duel people where i know they dont use mods

14. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

Eeerrreerrmm.... no.

I have been told by at least two windies that they would try and make more deliberate tele's and less of them once they got accused of tmc. :wink3: