teleport amulet

carrothers

Diabloii.Net Member
A teleport amulet?

Someone, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you'll have to find out what the required item level for the "of Teleport" mod to spawn is. Then, you should kill monsters at or just above that item level. Any amulets that drop from them will have a chance to be "Amulet of Teleport". Or, if you've got a lot of perfect gems lying about, you can simply reroll one amulet by adding three pgems and the amulet in the horadric cube and transmuting it over and over till you get an "Amulet of Teleport".

This would be how I'd go about finding one of these ammys. However, I must say that it will be RIDICULOUSLY expensive to repair this amulet when you deplete its charges. Personally, I'd just kill monsters in Hell difficulty and hope for a Jah and Ber rune to drop, so I could make an Enigma armor.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
You're probably high enough

LoganRah said:
What is the easyest was to get a teleport amulet in single player?
D2Data.net says its RLvl and ALvl are the same, so you'd need a CLvl44 or higher character to gamble it or a MLvl48 monster to drop it. Specifically, I suggest gambling as you can get as many amulets as you want that way. The RuST gang has over a dozen teleport amulets on the shared account in U. S. East, and it didn't take long to get those. Shouldn't take you long in single-player to gamble one.

Bullet-Tooth Tony

Diabloii.Net Member
Gambled items get a random Item Level from CLvl-4 to CLvl+5. With a 43Lvl character you can get the required ILvl of 48, if the roll is +5. But it's only 1/10 chance that the amulet is ABLE to get "of teleportation" mod. Gambling with lvl 52 char will always get you amulets of high enough ILvl (48+).
So, I beleive, Lvl 52 is optimal for gambling teleport amulets.
The diablo2.ingame.de Affix calculator says, that odds for ILvl 48 amulet to get Teleportation suffix is 1:268.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
If you really want to teleport, and you can't afford an Enigma yet, you can also put a Naj's Puzzler or a Spellsteel as a secondary weapon. Those ones have Teleport charges. The repair cost would be awfull though, but you can use the Horadric formula to repair them fully, for the price of a low rune only (can't remember which one exacly).

- Frosty

sheepe2004

Diabloii.Net Member
Frosty_The_Snowman said:
If you really want to teleport, and you can't afford an Enigma yet, you can also put a Naj's Puzzler or a Spellsteel as a secondary weapon. Those ones have Teleport charges. The repair cost would be awfull though, but you can use the Horadric formula to repair them fully, for the price of a low rune only (can't remember which one exacly).

- Frosty
ort + chippy + item in cube :)

The easiest way to get a tele ammy is definately gambleing, collect all the elite and exceptional armours and sell them for about 20k gold each.

marshaldwm2

Diabloii.Net Member
tinncann25 said:
elite armors go for 35k in hell
gambling in act2 after rediment quest reduces gambling prices
Yep, get yourself the runeword bow that reduces costs and a gheeds (need to e level 62) and gamble to your heart's content.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Multiple replies

Bullet-Tooth Tony said:
Gambled items get a random Item Level from CLvl-4 to CLvl+5. With a 43Lvl character you can get the required ILvl of 48, if the roll is +5. But it's only 1/10 chance that the amulet is ABLE to get "of teleportation" mod. Gambling with lvl 52 char will always get you amulets of high enough ILvl (48+).
So, I beleive, Lvl 52 is optimal for gambling teleport amulets.
The diablo2.ingame.de Affix calculator says, that odds for ILvl 48 amulet to get Teleportation suffix is 1:268.
It's +4/-5.

Superhal said:
i kept like 3 out of 12 from gambling. lvl 1 is cheaper to recharge.
SLvl1 contains 22 charges, SLvl2 contains 25. Those three extra charges are important if you're fast teleporting and run out at 22 in the middle of a pack of monsters. You can also shop for teleport-charged staves, if the intention is to Baal run.

Frosty_The_Snowman said:

- Frosty
This is single-player, and he might not be using ATMA or any other quick way to attain JAH & BER runes (assuming he's upgraded) or Naj's Puzzler (assuming expansion). Probably hasn't had much luck finding Spellsteel, either.

tinncann25 said:
elite armors go for 35k in hell
gambling in act2 after rediment quest reduces gambling prices
Unfortunately, the quest rewards in any act don't affect gambling prices, only shopping prices. Back when the PCL affix selling bug existed you could make tremendous gold, but gambling and sell value is the same in all acts.

marshaldwm2 said:
Yep, get yourself the runeword bow that reduces costs and a gheeds (need to e level 62) and gamble to your heart's content.
That would be Edge (TIR+TAL+AMN). Both it and Gheed's Fortune reduce ordinary costs 15%, cumulative, but both are ladder-only items - they can't spawn in single-player.

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Ax2Grind said:
D2Data.net says its RLvl and ALvl are the same, so you'd need a CLvl44 or higher character to gamble it or a MLvl48 monster to drop it. Specifically, I suggest gambling as you can get as many amulets as you want that way. The RuST gang has over a dozen teleport amulets on the shared account in U. S. East, and it didn't take long to get those. Shouldn't take you long in single-player to gamble one.
There's another way, which is what I regularly use to generate +3 blue skill ammys for trading. Get the correct level character, and cube 3 rings. Takes a bit of storage space, and the results are pretty inaccurate (since you're mixing 3 Ilvl and computing by a factor of Clvl), but it is a cheap & easy way.

nepeta

Diabloii.Net Member
Visit the giveaway thread in the Single Player Forum if you've got no pride :p Otherwise run Mephisto with a sorc of some kind and fetch a Naj's Puzzler. Crafting amulets is very tedious, I only do it when I need something special, then I'll craft caster amulets.