Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Telekinesis Etiquette Question

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by EuroJamie, Apr 6, 2004.

1. EuroJamie

EuroJamie IncGamers Member

Telekinesis Etiquette Question

Hi all,

I've been using my skelemancer to do quite a few NM boss runs in parties recently, to try and get some decent gear. I'm kitted out with some half-decent MFing gear (4PT armour, decent rings, etc), and when I kill I seem to be getting some reasonable stuff back.

The only problem I'm finding is that, because my Necro is such a big pansy without his underlings, I have to stand back a bit to avoid getting killed, while my skeles/merc/golem steam in and cream the poor unsuspecting boss in question. Unfortunately this means that, when the boss dies and drops his goodies, all the melee players I'm partying with are right next to all the good stuff and I invariably come away empty-handed, despite the fact that on many occasions I am sure it's my MF gear that has been responsible for the high quality of the drops.

However, on one of my recent solo expeditions, I stumbled across a ring with telekinesis charges on it. My question, therefore, is this: is it frowned upon for me to use telekinesis to grab my share of stuff from a distance, or will I be maligned for being scheming, drop-stealing necro scum, and banished to walk the dank corridors of the WSK alone, until the end of eternity?

As always your suggestions and witticisms will be greatly appreciated.

EJ

2. polarman

polarman Banned

telekinesis cant grab items only cash sorry

3. EuroJamie

Aha, well that answers that one. Thanks polarman. Guess I'll be flogging that ring at the earliest opportunity...

Anyone got any alternative suggestions as to how I can overcome my predicament?

4. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Party only with people you know, or take a chance and get a little closer to the action. Nothing ventured and nothing gained and all that fun stuff. :D

5. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I say be a man, take out your flesh ripper, and join the fray!

Usually decrep + clay golem slows down the bosses enough that you could stand next to 'em naked without worries of being hurt.

How bout bone getting close and spamming bone prison right before the boss dies. That'll keep everyone but you and maybe 1 or 2 other chars from being able to grab the goodies in time. Works like a champ I says.

PVPPwnjoo:"OMFG newb necro"

NC:"Newb necro has teh idemz"

6. EuroJamie

:lol: lol Don't think I even need to ask about the etiquette on that one.

Ah well, I guess it's just a question of getting my sleeves rolled up and rubbing shoulders with all those smelly Barbs. What a pain, it takes ages to get those blood stains out of my wand...

7. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

or try to do some runs your self

8. Skips

Skips IncGamers Member

do what I do and sink a point in bone armour and stand next to the boss with a large vitality...you take hardly any attacks anyway and you can stand, prefereably behind him, with alt held down waiting for him to die, this gives YOU an advantage over the melees cause you got a split second head start over them cause you cant attack and hold alt at the same time *g*

9. Angst

Angst IncGamers Member

Lol, good to see someone else read my strategy on the Bone Prison off the Bone/Summon guide. :)