Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Telehybrid project

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Kijya, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

Telehybrid project

Background
    I'm pretty sure I'll not be finding much new things to improve on the hybrid I currently have (this one), just small adjustments that doesn't change the build to much.

So, to keep the cycle of rebuilding my zon alive, I figured it's time for a new approach: Using enigma

I included the option in my guide (that one) because ... well it did work when I threw it on my own hybrid for laughs. To be specific I must say that I rather liked it.

Mobility has been one of the builds weak points in my opinion (except if you use a harmony bow and/or frw charms), and even though the telespeed is slow, and using enigma cuts away a large portion of my bow damage, I find that the added mobility might be worth it.

So now I'm looking to make THE *perfect* teleporting Gunslinger :jig:

Basic gear line out
    I was thinking along the lines of getting a 16 or 15 frame teleport, that is 22 or 32 fcr respectively. I do have a good griffons available (once the ladder resets :rolleyes:). So how does this sound:

helm: griffons(15/1x ias/all res jewel)
    amulet: highlords
    bow: WF (shael)
    javelin: Titans
    shield: 20/20 monarch
    armor: enigma (mage plate?*)
    gloves: 2java/20ias crafted (blood preferable)
    ring1: dual leech
    ring2: raven
    belt: razortail
    boots: rare tri-res

inventory: anni, torch, all res/life GC's, res/life sc's and java skillers
    merc: faith, CoH, delirium

As it looks now I might manage around 3.5k multi @ 7fps, 7.5k cs, 3k LF, and max res with near perfect equipment. But I don't expect to get hold of it all that easily. Especially the charms will have to be looked through.

*mage plate: I'd love a wire look, but Trellised Armor can only have 2 sockets, and wire has to high str req if one wishes to utilize the str from enigma itself. What other armors do you find stylish? Medium/heavy shouldn't be that much of a problem if the build is supposed to be able to teleport :azn:

Questions

1) Do you think 16-15 frame tele is enough? Maybe I should throw away the 20/20 monarch for a spirit (getting myself a 14-13 frame tele)?

2) Think the wf/faith combo is good for a telehybrid, or might a faith/other merc setup be better suited?

The merc will no longer get herself stuck anywhere, so that's a big plus, but loosing forti should be a greater damage loss for a wf user compared to a faith user.

3) if one would use a arach belt instead of razortail, how high skilled pierce would you go?

4) Do fcr dual leech rings exist? I've seen a few fcr + single leech ones, but for some reason I can't recall seeing any dual+fcr ones. Blood crafted maybe?

5) Crafted boots? Worth a try to craft for tri-res ones?

6) Have I missed any questions I should have asked? :wink:

If anyone has a teleporting hybrid I'd love to hear about your setup. Also pure telebowzon setups are more then welcome.

Thanks for your time.

2. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

Re: Telehybrid project

I have only experience from 3 telebowzon builds:
    1) FA+multi, both share same BP, WF+faith, high lvl valkyrie
    2) pure strafer, WF+faith, atma for PI, kills fast, but full game PI are problem
    3) FA+strafe WF+faith best experiment so far, can clear almost everywhere without mana or immune problems, both attacks are about as strong. So equal that its sometimes hard to decide which one to use when no immunes around.

All builds have maxed penetrate to get more than enough leech for FA and high change to hit. (ar from FA is bugged??)

2) was with low life, only +15 vit, so tested dracula as gloves, worked great, kept all merc,valkyrie and char perfectly safe almost everywhere

3) more vit this time, much easier to do dkey runs. That +100 vit don't affect
    much in killing speed and lvl34 FA is always good backup.

All three can solo both chaos/baalruns in full games, some random immunes just take more time depends what build I use.

With nigma, haven't used any life leech, that life/kill is enough. So its easier to pickup ring.

Hard to say about tele speed, I have used arach+spirit to tele chaos,
    wizpike+spirit for baal (thunderbelt) and full speed arach+wizpike+spirit for locating pits/ancient tunnel, maggot3 or while helping others in act2.
    Can't afford griffon (want to find myself) so no fcr option from helmet.
    I have used shako(ias+lightresist jool), to avoid using bottles while teleing.

Windforce and FA, why? No mana problems, perfect backup attack (multi or strafe) with same bow. While shooting pack of monster where only boss is cold immune, boss get killed along the pack from physical part of FA.

Faith merc is almost only option here, you tele so slow that iron maiden kills other mercs while you tele past them. And faith merc can survive 20 dia and baalruns in a row without any problems. Act2 merc get killed about 30 times during those 20 runs.

edit: only one+skills in pierce here while using arach. You can choose better your shooting position with nigma, so it helps a lot.

boots: I use rare 30run 3-res (both fire and light are around 35, cold little lower) with dex and little lfie regeration.

ring2: nature piece, too lazy to change after dkey run, and works great in full games too.
    And that spirit is nice when doing pits little faster than should while amp cursed. Nice to have while doing aggressive runs without life leech.

3. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Ever considered trying out crushing blow? mat faith, crushing blow from boots - not many uses for boots anyway safe for res - and decrypt from merc. Should give you fine damage and no ias problems.

Pierces is depending on your damage - if only one lf is needed to kill, pierce is useless - though I'd go for atleast +80.

P.S. I don't see why you'd hesitate to use spirit. It's already is one of the best shields, now that you need fcr, it can only get better.

4. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

@NASE: Assuming you know CB is nerfed when used with bows, is cb really a good thing for this kind of build?

@OP: I take it you want a teleporting gunslinger, otherwise a teleport switch as named above would be nice.
    Anywaym I'm not really an amazon veteran, nor have I played around with enigma much (only long time ago on battle.net), but to me a 15 frame teleport seems kinda pointless, I mena you could probably run faster than that!
    So to me spirit seem superior to a 20/20 shield. You will loose alot of damage, but you'll get more skills (bit more lf dmg) and mana (nice for teleporting) and not to mention up to 35(!) extra fcr. I would also try for a fcr ring (unless it wont help you to a new bp) and try to get life leech from somewhere else if a fcr/dual leech is very rare(or impossible), for example you mentioned crafted blood gloves, those have life leech, and as another poster mentioned, eni have life/kill.
    As you see I'm kinda biased towards fcr, which in the end will only help your teleport, while getting your over all damage lower from sacrificing gear slots.

It'd be easier to make a pure java teleporter, since fcr and +skills often go hand in hand, but a tele-bowa is sure more interesting, and I think that's what you want.

This will be interesting, make sure to keep us updated, and good luck :thumbsup:

5. BobCox

BobCox IncGamers Member

I like a Teleport charge and other good mod's Amulet or switch item (Naj's Staff).
    If PVP then yes rechargeing is going to be a problem but for PVM I find enough gold or Rals, Orts, and Chipped to keep it in shape, and if PVP the Harmony with 40% RW boots, and Cats-eye or some charms will let you outrun most teleports so why bother?

6. HellPlayer

HellPlayer IncGamers Member

Just posting to say you can find fcr/dual leech ring, this ladder I have found 2 at least.
    HellPlayer

7. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

I know cb is nerved, though there isn't a character that can hit all monsters an a screen as fast as an amazon does. So by the time a paladin has hit 5 times with zeal, we just have to hit 10 monsters to get the same result. I don't see why it can't work. The reason why but few people use it is because they already kill that fast with a decked out bowazon.

P.S. blood gloves have crushing blow aswell.

@ zarfen: the teleport is used to reposition yourself and your merc. So a slow teleport isn't that much of a problem.

8. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

@DH Amazon: Thanks for sharing your experiences, think I've decided to stay with wf/faith combo. Enigmas +life after kill might make a difference indeed, but think I'll prefer to use a slight bit of ll on top of it anyway. As others mentioned blood gloves have some, and fcr+dual was possible so will aim to get one of those in due time. Will stay with using razortail, since I can't reach 99 fcr without scarifying another ringslot (CBF) or a bow ias bp from gloves/amu. I'll go 68 fcr with spirit+griffons+ring.

@NASE: I'll aim to get some cb from blood gloves, but apart from that I can't say I'll invest to much in CB. I'll go with spirit as you suggest, think I have to agree that it has to great mods look past now that I need the fcr, the griffons should be enough of a boost to lightning damage on it's own. I'll stick with razortail, so no worries on the pierce part.

@zarfen: Correct I want a teleporting "gunslinger" so a charged switch ain't an option, although an amulet could work (but when I have teleport I tend to want to use it so not sure I'd stand having to recharge all the time).

@BobCox: As I mentioned to zarfen, I'll have to go with enigma, since I'm rather telehappy. It'll be a PvM build, and I'll be running chaos sanctuary and flayer jungle mostly, the later is immensely faster with teleport I've found.

@HellPlayer: Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks for all replies, if all goes well I'll be leveling this weekend. :smiley:

9. VoX Dei

VoX Dei IncGamers Member

I agree with most of what was said by other forumites.

1) For what you intend to do Spirit seems the logic choice. You'll loose some damage, but +skills and fcr are just perfect considering java skills and zon fcr bp's.

2) Wf/faith combo also seems the logic choice. Damage + saved pts on penetrate can't go wrong.

3) Using Arach also seems a good move. Again you loose some damage, but gain +1 skills and fcr. Aim for slvl 16 pierce including +skills (83 pierce IIRC). After slvl16 diminishing returns kick in hard.

4) Fcr dual leech rings do exist. Just confirming. They just aren't that common (3 suffixes) or very useful for most builds.

5) Tri-res crafted boots are a longshot, but you'll never win the lottery unless you play.

6) Not that i'm aware or in a better position to tell than you.

Good luck with this project. It's a good one and hard to achieve.

10. Borje

Borje Banned

I love seeing some experimenting but I am afraid I can't contribute that much.

however, getting FCR+dual leech rings is probably done easiest by crafting blood rings to allways get the LL-mod, I have gotten one of those by crafting those rings ;)

GL!

11. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

Posted her current status in the zon showoff thread:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?p=6493775#post6493775

I've realized that I tele more then half the time with my bow out, meaning that the fcr on a spirit would be somewhat wasted, and thus I'll stick with a faceted monarch.

Sticking with razortail since I'm not quite ready to loose 20%+ pierce, and synergies for the lightning skills, for another frame faster teleport just yet :azn:

Once I get hold of a good fcr dual leech ring I'll have to look over my res and str somewhat, but I'll not have to worry about str if I hit lvl 97.

Goal: 600 dex!
    592 currently!

12. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

imo it's worth learning to tele without bow out. Although I speak from a purely pvp experience where its essential to do so, I also think it would help out on your pvm character as it still is safer. Also good to stomp with minion stack and javas for single targets.

edit: I think custom hotkeys also help a lot with zons using both javas and bow, since you can place all the hotkeys and switch weapon within easy reach. idk if you do so or not already.

13. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

No worries it's a pure pvm char where I more then half the time just teleport half a screen to reposition myself for another volley of arrows (reason for having bow out during tele). Only long telechain I do is from wp into cs normally.

Yeah custom keys is a must of course, f1-f8 are for stat/party/message/etc screens, I use qwertasdfgzxcvb for skills and mouse up for weapon switch :azn:

14. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

You do just chaos, or tele baal too? In chaos in don't tele much with ama. I tele just past river part or to the middle.

By comparing our items, only +5dex more from items
    Anni gives +2more for me and boots +3dex.
    (30run +8dex +4repl life 37L 30F 23P boots here),
    but that 600 dex is so near, one lvl and gampling/finding better boots and its there and new goal when you change belt :grin:

I hunt souls with my ama, so its thunderbelt or arach if act1-4. Don't have even razortail in stash.

15. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

This is pvm so the action is usually pretty slow. You can get by with a 15f teleport.

I'm guessing that you'll have Critical Strike at lvl 14+? If so, it might be better to use a 2/20/x zon amulet.