Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

tele + WW barb mana problem

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Generator Of Chaos, May 23, 2005.

1. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

tele + WW barb mana problem

I'm just wondering, since I'm "fairly" certain I'm not the only tele + WW barb on the realms...I was wondering If anyone could help me:

I am now building a tele + WW barb (as you might have understood by now) and end up facing a problem: teleing + WWing is highly "damaging" on the little mana goblet thing... And since in duels I see all Barbs WWing around like their mana is just inifinite I was wondering, what can I do to be able to well, not run out of mana so often...
    I have maxed Bo btw, and lvl 70 (still lvling)

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Damage to Mana gear helps refill your bulb a good deal, though I assume that most of the tele whirlers who you see spamming attacks/relocations are simply drinking blue pots or else they're using life/mana charms to get a huge mana pool.

-Hal

3. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

lvl to 90+ and your mana will drastically increase, enough to kill most people w/o a single mana pot.

however, its better just to mana pot, allows you to play 100% aggressive, which otherwise you wouldnt since you would have to plan your ww's since you wont hit all of them.
    this also lets you desync ww, which require you to make long ww's many times.
    + most people use mana pots anyways.

4. Generator Of Chaos

Potting, mana or otherwise is BM in my book..

Just think about it, potting replaces spending points in Energy...that way you could just not put points in Dex with a melee char... and Just gooble down Juvies everytime you get hit..

Well, I'm thinking of using 2 X BOTD cb (lol..I can't even get 1...) so..+60 to energy should help..

5. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

chuckin mana pots certainly takes care of the mana prob but is bm in my book too. guess some people only care about the winning and not how its done. what i do for manaintensive duels ie sorcs and the likes teleing crazy all over is using a 10fcr/high mana ring and sometime wizzie. and life/mana sc's are very nice too boost your mana too.

6. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Necs/druids/other casters are NOTHING without manapots. The only casters who can do without it are sorcs & paladins due to inherent regen, but they usually pot anyway. Since manaleech is nonexistant in 1.10 pvp manapotting is a necessity, like it or not.

hulla-hop: It's damn hard to beat decent sorcs without manapotting, necs are even worse if they pot and you dont.

Bottom line is: wwbarbs can play defensive and outlast any build except those with natural regen (i.e. sorcs/necs). However, since 99.999999999999999999999999999999999% of all duelers use manapots you wont stand much of a chance without.

Besides, manapotting is good. It allows for offensive play from both players.
    Dueling defensive players are boring enough already, imagine what it would be like without manapots. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.
    But you might like leaping in place for 10 minutes, what do I know?

7. Generator Of Chaos

Wrong, my Necro does quite well in PvP, and has doesn't pot at all in PvP...None of my chars do...

I rarely even pot in PvM, let along in PvP...

8. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Yeah? Dueled any defensive sorcs lately? Or potting necs/druids?
    Or desynching paladins who you have no clue where they are and will miss most of your attacks? Or good barbs? Or defensive trappers who you wont hit unless you spam ibs? Or desynching bowazons who easily outrun/dodge most of your attacks?

Even 1k mana runs out pretty fast on a nec, their attacks are very mana-intensive. Druids do a bit better but they will eventually run out of mana too, and their regen isn't even enough to support tele -> easy prey.

9. Generator Of Chaos

Sorcs are my biggest "enemies"...not because of playing defensive...but because my aim with spear vs. fast casters sucks sometimes..lol...and Spirit won't catch them if they're smart...

As for desynched palis, yes, and they eventually have to hit me...and when they do I'll use my meat shields and Bone armour to soften the blow, spirit them to hell...

As to barbs, no, I'm still looking for a good WW barb...since people say they can beat anyone...and I haven't been beaten by a barb yet...(except for the ocasional victory by the barb suceded by major defeats)

defensive trappers...aren't all trappers defensive? they just stand there dodging stuff...best thing to do is tele just out of trap range..let gumby and minions run in and shoot assassin while traps are shooting the meat shields (an IG made out of a 4 socketed shield with pdiamonds is extremely good for this) ... Or just shove in some absorb together with maxed resists...

and Zons can be annoying...but Meat shields and bone armour prove of great use in this case too...

mostly if you have to pot it's casue your chars sucks.... it's cheating....it's like poting for life...
    I have ran out of mana in duels..I just run around dodging attacks till i get mana again...

10. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Any defensive opponent will outlast you easily. Sorcs/paladins can even do it without manapotting themselves.
    Sorcs will just tele around and laugh when you're out of mana.
    You dont stand a chance vs good hammerdins if you're not mobile as hell and use ibs+walls extensively. He'll just desynch and tele on top -> game over =(
    You were east NL right? Whisper luis, I'm fairly certain he'll agree on dueling you without anyone manapotting. I'm also very certain that he will beat you.
    Good trappers are usually not defensive at all. But even bad ones playing defensive will drain all your mana very fast. If you aren't getting mb:ed constantly you aren't dueling good trappers either.

1. Everyone else pots. It's damn hard for wwbarbs to catch defensive casters with unlimited mana.
    2. Manapotting is nowhere near gulping healing pots. Not even eshieldsorcs manapotting like mad are as bad as healing imo.
    3. As I said, manapots makes for better and more interesting duels. Without mana most of the duels would end up with both players playing very very defensive. I have better things to do than boring duels. Offense = fun, leaping for 10 minutes is not. But well well, some people prefer to run instead of dueling. Thats why they play amazons I guess ^^

11. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

Its obvious that every barb that you see teleing in public duelz are drinking potions like crazy, you can tell because when you kill them they drop many.. Anyway its of course bm, yet they feel like gods when they kill you, funny stuff.

I mean is drinking mana potions not as bad as drinking healing potions?, i dont think so, think about he energy shield sorc for isntance, they are both equally as bm, yet if you were to drink healing potions in a duel then its just REALLY bm.... That doesnt make any sense to me.

12. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

blah blah blah, blah blah
    blah blah blah.....

i dunno bout you all, but i rather not lose a duel soley on the fact that i couldnt tele away or attack back.

13. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

well, thats the thing about puttin winning above all. lame...and your blah blahs just go to show you cant really argue about it...or prove me wrong :)

14. Darknicrofia

Darknicrofia IncGamers Member

true spirit of bvc barb luis. and by the way, im remaking my barb for max screen leap, how much skill do i need to cover full screen, 24?

if you're on east nl, can you duel me sometimes? im itching to improve my barb skills, and i need some better oponents than pubbies

15. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

BM is a myth. One person's BM is another's bread and butter. There is no BNet God who says what is and isn't BM. Some people tell me that to stack res is BM. Some people say smite is BM. Some people say lifetap is BM. Some people say teleport off enigma is BM. Some people say any absorb at all is BM. On and on and on it goes.

If people want to mana pot, who cares? If you don't like it join a league that bans it. But complaining as though there's a rule or something about it is simply foolish.

FYI, without mana pots, there would be no teleporting wind druids, almost no tele ww-barbs (just a few with crazy good charms and the like), almost no ww-sins (same boat as barbs), etc. etc. etc.

FACT: the majority of casters and others with mana heavy attacks mana pot in 1.10. That ain't going to change by calling it "BM".

16. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

i wasnt calling it bm or not btw. i just rather not lose cause of some crappy reason like mana.

dont liek mana pots, do what speederlander said (join a boring league).

and i say blah blah blah.... cause this point of mana pots has been brought up 100x just like all the barb threads. i can go about arguging/debating. i just made my point, its even reiterrated at the beging of this post.
    if mana bothers you that much on a ww barb, switch in 32020s for 20life/10+mana scs. they arent hard to come by.

zzzzz why do i bother, o right post count so i look leet.:lol:

17. Generator Of Chaos

Lessons learned, whenever I'm dueling guys like you I'll just throttle down all the full juvies In my belt.. what? I didn't wanna loose over something as silly as life..

ever wondered why "energy" is there, right under "vitaliy"? It's to put points in it If you need... Now you wanna "cheat" to maximize a character's status... sure...I can do that too... Just put enough life to withstand any 1 attack from people then gooble down juvies....Why spend points in vitality?...

18. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

It's amazing that you think barbs are the #1 manapotters. 99.999% of all pubbieplayers manapot, you're just naive if you think anything else.
    Also, getting jumped when having 0 mana after a duel is really funny, no?

Obviously you haven't dueled any good defensive sorcs with your nec, nor any good necs/druids who manapot themselves. Without manapotting you are dead meat vs competent ones period.
    You pub at all? How do you deal with 3-5 persons teaming up and jumping your little nec? There's no way your mana will last to kill all, you just lay down and die?

As I said before, barbs will easily outlast any non-sorc/paladin in a non-mana-potting duel. Your precious necs/druids/whatever would die easily to 10 minutes defensive running/leaping, then tele+ww when you're out of mana.

I cant help it but this just sounds like crying from people who are mad that their precious casters die like flies to wwbarbs and have to make up excuses for losing. I've heard it all countless times in pubbies already; "omg youre nothing without pots blabla". People just cant accept that you dont have to pot like a madman with 500-600+ mana.

If you want to waste your time on boring, worthless 10+ minutes "duels" of constantly defensive running with the occasional tele, fine. I could care more. Barbs still win these vs non-sorcs/palas. You have any real point?

If you want to give me moral lectures about "bm", why dont you begin with yourself? Stop using all those duped items & stop trading with other people.

Haha, always a good laugh when people like you cry "play legit" in pubbies. "Legit" is of course their own weird set of rules that everyone should follow. Better excuses for dying pls?

19. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Amen to that.

20. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

NO!!

No one is saying drink health or rejuvenation pots in a duel. You are purposely missing the major point here: mana is the FUEL for all of these interesting builds. Your skills don't cost life, they cost mana. And guess what, that fuel is readily available.

There are two things that are generally accepted by most of bnet. Don't life pot and don't nk. Beyond that, there are no rules in pubbies. People use mana pots like mad. It's a fact. You can either get all pissed off and join a private league or you can be a martyr in pubbies and play clean, or you can accept the facts on the ground (just like everyone accepts the fact that runes are duped and 99.9999% of all high level rune rune-words are made from duped runes).

Getting all holier-than-thou about mana pots is just innane. It's like getting mad anymore about the minion stacking bug or classes other than the sorc using tele or claiming too much OW % is somehow "BM".

You say:
    I ask: why did blizz make mana pots at all then?? And where is the OFFICIAL BLIZZARD DUELING RULE that says you can use mana pots for activity X but NOT for activity Y???