Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tele-vengeance viable?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by zeiris, Oct 25, 2006.

1. zeiris

zeiris IncGamers Member

Tele-vengeance viable?

I ran some numbers in a skill calc, and a tele-vengeance-din seems extremely viable. As in:
    -Totally unsorbable, (and if you try to sorb you're just weakening yourself.)
    -High damage (haven't looked into the math too much, but it looks something like 1Kphys+4.4K fire+4.4K cold+4K fire at nine frames and -150 enemy res, this is without deadly strike, accurate damage calculations, dream shield/helm, and whatever else.)
    -Strong against high def chars (unless the -%def of conviction is countered by +%def skills like shout and holy shield).
    -Charge and tele give high mobility and a variety of ways to approach a target. Hell, with the right mods one could even chain-lock with ease.
    -Oh, and the resists are stacked like mad, with +10 passive/+20 active max res bonuses (bit less in one of the elements, but add on tgods and you can still get 95 max res with ease).

Downsides I see is that it's probably interruptable (how much of a problem is that at 9 frames?) and the auras make it impossible to perform legit chainlocks. Also, if the -%def is countered by +%def high def barbs/pallies will be a pain.

So... All in all, asides from a few unanswered questions, this looks like a very solid char. Why have I never seen one in PVP?

2. jake007

jake007 IncGamers Member

Not viable.

- Vengeance have low attack rating
    - Assisting aura is conviction, which takes ~0.5 seconds to kick in.
    - Can be blocked, and slow attack.

That's all really. There are reasons why smiters are infesting the public duel scene.

3. zeiris

zeiris IncGamers Member

To counter:

- Conviction should make AR unnecessary.
    - 99% of the time you should be running conviction. I suppose this wouldn't be a tele-vengeance build without a leftclick mod... Meh. Charge-vengeance.
    - Hm. I guess 9 frames IS slow for a blockable attack.

4. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Conviction's -def% isn't as effective on Barbs or Pallys, or even Sorceresses running <cold> armor. They usually have somewhere in the vicinity of +350% def for BvCs, up to +600% or more on Exile-using Pallys. Conviction subtracts directly from their +def% bonus, rather than lowering to -95% of their total defense. Barbs will still have around +250% def after Conviction, Pallys even more than that...

The reason Conviction grants a near 95% chance to hit in PvM is because monsters usually don't have any +defense% bonus, aside from perhaps Stone Skin uniques.

5. blobswannabe

blobswannabe IncGamers Member

LOL!! It's not that hard to "chain-lock with ease" without cheats.

"Downsides I see is that it's probably interruptable (how much of a problem is that at 9 frames?) and the auras make it impossible to perform legit chainlocks. Also, if the -%def is countered by +%def high def barbs/pallies will be a pain."

LOL all you need to switch to conviction right after you tele while doing left click chain-lock. It's not rocket science, I can do it all day against 200 fcr sorcs, it's just my pally has 40 fr in hell and gets 2 hitted.

6. Josiphos

Josiphos IncGamers Member

Yeah. The conviction thing doesn't work very well in pvp. I had a Dreamer/Zealer that used conviction.

He couldn't water falling into a tub.

I only found out after I built him about the conviction thing. Sad that 1 pt in shout (+100% def) is better than L25 conviction (-95% def).

[Yes I know conv lowers resists...which is what makes it better than shout...]

7. zeiris

zeiris IncGamers Member

LOL!

Conviction takes half a second to take effect, LOL

On a more serious note, yeah, this build is hooped =(

8. zeiris

zeiris IncGamers Member

LOL!

Conviction takes half a second to take effect, LOL

On a more serious note, yeah, this build is hooped =(