Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

tele and resolution

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by GoreSpilr, Feb 10, 2004.

1. GoreSpilr

GoreSpilr IncGamers Member

tele and resolution

I never had much luck with teleing, I seem to get trapped and killed a lot. I have mana and decent gear and fcr. one thing I wonder is that I am a 480 x 640 player and I wonder if tele is much more effective in 800x600. any idea? share with me.
    thanks
    GS.

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Teleporting is Much more efficient in 800X600 Just because you can See much more of the screen.

I'd estimate the distance you travel with 4 teleports at 640X480 = 3 Teleports at 800X600. (Haven't actually done the math)

With more room to teleport, you can be more selective and may have the chance to escape the bad guys more often than before.

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Higher resolution lets you plan ahead. Your field of view is jst so much bigger to make a difference. Why are you playing on 640x480? Comp to slow for higher resolution, or just used to it?
    With 640x480 i would die alot too i guess, since viewable field of escapeis small.

4. toader

toader Banned

You can see more on 800x600, but if you have a crappy graphics card, then the lower resolution would help more.

By trying to process more in the same time, 800x600 could slow your frame rate down on a crappy card.

5. Gandy

Gandy IncGamers Member

I think what he means, is that it's hard to teleport unless u have ping lower then 50. 'cause at around 150 ping if you just press in your right button to teleport non-stop, then you will mis-cast approximately 1 out of 3 teleports, so probably he's wondering if it's possible to teleport efficiently at a lower resolution. Technically, the server will have to send you less packets and all, but the ping won't go down significantly to let you teleport as you want.
    Sadly, they turned off the fps command in patch 1.10 so i can't tell what ping i have, but from what i see in order to teleport, i have to cast tele, and then wait for about half a second till i change position... which can be rather annoying.

6. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Try to adjust your graphic settings. Here's some tips.

In ingame options menu;
    - switch to Low Quality Graphics
    - switch to DirectDraw if you have Direct3D (which is crappy programmed by Blizz)
    - disable Blended Shadows
    - disable 3D sound

In Dxdiag (found in \Windows\System32);
    - got to Sounds tab, slide the Sound Acceleration bar to Standard Acceleration)

Drivers;
    - update soundcard drivers
    - update videocard drivers

Running programs;
    - close all background programs
    - run a Memory Manager (MemTurbo f.i.)

System;
    - place Swapfile on a seperate partition
    - defragment your partitions

Hope it works.

7. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Erm, it's "/fps" and it's working fine here.

Though you make a good point. Don't go tele-ing around if your ping is not below 100 cause you'll end up dead. If your ping is above 200 you might wanna check your internet connection, cause Blizzard generally has good pings (30 or less)

8. GoreSpilr

GoreSpilr IncGamers Member

I just check, and my ping is around 90 but its jumping up to 150 and 250+ often. Maybe I shoud be on useast? is there a way to tell what realm is best for you?

maybe its just slower at this time of day, maybe you could fill me in on your own pings right now. I have cable that tests above 1mbit

I find useast slightly better, but not a whole lot, stictly speaking in terms of FPS