Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

tele ammy and rune question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by voxy, Oct 25, 2006.

1. voxy

voxy IncGamers Member

tele ammy and rune question

hello DII community, i just started playing d2 again.

i've been thinking of finding a tele ammy for my summoner. can someone please tell me where i can find it? and is it a magical or a rare item?

also i've heard there are people who knows how to dupe runes. and those dupped runes disappear after a while. does anybody know what happens if u socket dupped rune into items and more importantly how can i avoid getting scammed like this.

thanks

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

tele amulets can be magical or rare, you can find/gamble them

which runes are duped and how many depends a lot on realms, but generally it's not a good idea to hold on to high runes for long because many of them are duped (particularly be careful with rare runes like cham, zod which are likely ALL duped)

my experience is that runes don't disappear if you socket them
    and btw there is absolutely no way you can know if a rune is duped or not (unless you've found it yourself)

3. voxy

voxy IncGamers Member

thanks for the help
    so i guess its not good idea to trade any high runes

4. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Magical, rare or crafted amulets can get it. It can also be found on magical/rare staves and circlets.

5. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

You're right, it's not the best idea to trade for high runes, but there are some items you'll likely never see unless you succumb to the ugre and start trading... it's like crossing to the dark side. Proceed with caution.

BTW if you play USWest SCL, I've got a teleport staff (48 charges I think) I can shout you. My old necro's plaything before I made him an enigma. Not too expensive to repair either, it's just a Pure (+ed%/AR to undead) <staff> of Teleport. Pity it's not an amulet though...

6. voxy

voxy IncGamers Member

too bad i play on USEast SCL, and im only about lv.40 so its not urgent
    thanks anyway

7. Megafusion

Megafusion IncGamers Member

there is also a way how to perm trade, which means that the items that u traded should not disappear, that is after a trade, ask to perm and after the trade screen opens press accept trade and the other person also has to press accept. this way if u acquire a dupe it should not dissapear(atleast i think it should not, iv been doing it and it hasnt dissaperared yet)

8. McCain123

McCain123 IncGamers Member

This is the most spread myth on the realms, most likely invented by the dupers. You can´t prevent a duped rune to disappear, it just becomes less likely if the rune is already socketed into something as from that time it needs an active ruststorm to remove it.

9. Qotsa

Qotsa IncGamers Member

The trade window trick only saves dupes from passive ruststorm which is run when you enter/leave games. Active Ruststorm is run i think about every 12 months or so and deletes EVERYTHING from a duplicate origin. If you permed runes using a cube (transmuting them up) they will be deleted since their origin is a duplicate. Nothing duped is safe from active ruststorm.

10. thareaper

thareaper Banned

i throw my tele ones out because i believe i am better than that, so i think hey, ill use a naj staff cause i suck. :thumbsup: