Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Teir 1 staffmods with +3 skill prefix

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by kaervek, Oct 16, 2006.

1. kaervek

kaervek IncGamers Member

Teir 1 staffmods with +3 skill prefix

Read through the sticky and got the impression this is impossible, can anyone confirm this?

Also is there some way to complete the imbue quest below level 8 so that the item level (char +4) will fall within the 1-11 range for imbues? I'll settle for +2 skill/tier 1 staff mods if i have to.

*edit*

does selling an item to act 1 norm NPC and buying it back cause the ilvl to drop to 12 (max for NPC vendors) or does it remain the original ilvl?

2. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

If you mean +3 to a specific tree, then, no, these cannot appear alongside tier 1 staffmods.

Specific staffmods being +1, +2, and +3 can occur for any tier. The tier is tied to ilvl, but the amount of bonus of each skill is completely random.

No, there is no way to complete the imbue quest at a lower level. Even at level 12, there is a 30% chance of a staffmod being from tier 1.

Retains it's original level.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Magical items with +3 to skilltress have an alvl of 60 at least. The only way to have that affix with an ilvl of 24 or lower is an elite item. However, while it's possible to produce rares (imbuing, first Anya quest, rerolling with pskulls recipe) or nonmagical items (repairing cracked ones) with a low ilvl, it seems you cannot get lower than 25 (with the 3 chipped recipe) for magical ones. That's too high by 1 to produce an item which has a chance for a tier 1 staffmod.

There's no way to bypass the level req of the imbue quest. It might be possible to make a rare item with +2 to a skilltree and +3 to a tier 1 skill, e.g. when using the pskulls recipe with a low-level character, together with an elite item. Check the affix level generation procedure if there is an elite item which can have an alvl of 40 together with an ilvl of up to 24.

I'm rather sure that selling and buying back an item won't change its ilvl.

4. kaervek

kaervek IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies, just wanted to check that i hadnt missed sometning.

Currently rolling elite skulls since they all have over 50 Qlvl if i read the files right, and imbuing as i find plain ones on new mules. This could take a while :laugh:

5. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member

If you're trying to pskull-roll a rare head or wand with low ilvl and +2 class skills,
    you'll need either an item with a magic level and qlvl at least 49, or a qlvl of at
    least 75. For wands, that means a Grave, Lich or Unearthed Wand. For heads,
    only Succubus or Bloodlord Skulls will do.

6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Also, make sure that you're pskulling with a lvl 1 mule or something, to drop its ilvl enough.