Teh Tehcno

masterazn

Banned
Teh Tehcno

Similar to my hip hop thread, anyone have any good techno songs?

I'm not sure about the different between techno and trance, but i'm looking for something with a rather steady, pulsing beat.

Otaku?

Thanks all.

CaptJoe213

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont know about any 'new' techno, but I really enjoy

Josh Wink 'Are you there?'
Propellerheads 'Take California'
The Future Sound of London 'We Have Explosives'
Crystal Method 'Trip Like I Do'
Prodigy 'No Good'

course someone's gonna say I'm too mainstream I'm sure, but I enjoy those pretty good

NaderN

Diabloii.Net Member
Voodoo and Serano - Blood is Pumping
Basement Jaxx - Where's your head at
Darude - Feel the beat
Underworld - Born slippy

these are all pretty popular and good

edit: awww bubbles

PloX

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm into the harder techno styles, you can listen some of the stuff some friends of mine made at this site.

Just click KP tracks. I have to warn you though, to some of you this may seem as a collection of $%^& noise, but to me... it's all good..

PloX

Diabloii.Net Member
masterazn said:
I can't load lycos. If you could, and want to and have time, I'd be really interested though. PM?
Your PM box is full?
tried to sent but got error..

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
You should look for one of the Tresor albums. Tresor is a german club that used to put out albums with stuff by the people they played at their parties.

thejdawg2

Diabloii.Net Member
Techno is a very broad statement of a genre of music, much as "Rock" encompasses literally thousands of bands, and tens of thousands of songs.

Do you have any idea of a more specific subgenre, because they are very different.

A steady pulsing beat is pretty much the mainstay of all techno save for electro and IDM/Intelligent Techno/Breakcore.

Smelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Well when he's talking about ravers (god help them all with their flashy glowing batons), I think he's getting pretty specific? My advice: Play Celine Dion, that will get them tapping their feet, no doubt.

Oh and I found myself listening to DJ Sammy - Heaven. Good song, not really rave material. More like dance (which ravers don't do).
Oh and then there's Monifah - Touch It. Again, not raving music, but you might touch a few girls.
Oh and don't forget Sonique - Feels So Good. Ah yes, freak for the 3 minutes of this song.
Oh and then there's 2 Live Crew - Hoochie Mama. LET ME SEE YOU TOUCH THE GROUND!

But yep, I'm not a big help, and these music choices aren't rave worthy, but they warm my tiny, evil, little heart.

AgentOrange

Diabloii.Net Member
AgentOrange said:
For all your techno needs:
www.digitallyimported.com
Just scroll down, pick your type of music, and listen to the 24-7 stream of techno. My favirote web site.
Also, my favirote techo songs to listen too are:
Darude - Sandstorm
DJ Alligator - Blow my Whistle
Paul Oakenfold - Send me an Angel
Laut Sprecher - Omnibus <-- best

Ti-Ben

Diabloii.Net Member
Juno Reactor. Although it's more then just Techno. But most of the songs are Techno. The best IMO are, most don't sound 'techno' at all :

Songs for Ancestor, Solaris, The Heaven, 10 000 miles, Badimo, Hotaka, Laughing Gas, Landing, Shark, Pistolero.... well there's too much to name. :innocent:

Ev_

Diabloii.Net Member
Benny Benassi - Love Is Gonna Save Us
Benny Benassi - Satisfaction
Crystal Method - Born Too Slow
Crystal Method - Wild, Sweet, and Cool
Crystal Method - Ten Miles Back
Daft Punk - Da Funk
Darude vs. Robert Miles - Children of the Sandstorm
Dirty Vegas - Days Go By
DJ Dan - Traffic Jam
DJ Jon Bishop - Rock to The Rhythm
The Faint - Glass Dance World
Fatboy Slim - I See You Baby
Leftfield - Open Up
NERD - Rockstar
Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady Go
Playgroup - Front 2 Back (Fatboy Slim Remix)
Rob D - Clubbed To Death
Sneaker Pimps - Spin Spin Sugar
Stereo MC's - Connected
Underworld - Cowgirl

thejdawg2

Diabloii.Net Member
Smelly said:
Well when he's talking about ravers (god help them all with their flashy glowing batons), I think he's getting pretty specific? My advice: Play Celine Dion, that will get them tapping their feet, no doubt.

Oh and I found myself listening to DJ Sammy - Heaven. Good song, not really rave material. More like dance (which ravers don't do).
Oh and then there's Monifah - Touch It. Again, not raving music, but you might touch a few girls.
Oh and don't forget Sonique - Feels So Good. Ah yes, freak for the 3 minutes of this song.
Oh and then there's 2 Live Crew - Hoochie Mama. LET ME SEE YOU TOUCH THE GROUND!

But yep, I'm not a big help, and these music choices aren't rave worthy, but they warm my tiny, evil, little heart.
Where did you get your information on ravers may I ask?

I mean, I'm just curious, as I used to be a "raver" as you might label me, but I would probably not fall into your definition of what you think a raver is.

Oh yeah, and ravers can dance. Well I might add. I'm well versed in liquid, tutting, popping/locking, breakng, strobing, animation, and illusion.

I would appreciate it if you would take your hasty generalizations of a small, unrepresentative sample, and keep them to yourself.