Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

teh banana channel

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Hp_Sauce, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce Diabloii.Net Member

teh banana channel

I realize that Diablo 2 is falling apart, and the economy is a joke, and that people who come to the channel really just want to hang out with friends and have a good time. And it's been a very relaxed place, which I think is part of the reason it continues to be successful.

However, I'm getting tired of waking up in the morning and seeing stuff like this.
    "and if this lady comes on and we dupe"

So I'm going to start banning people who openly talk about their duping habits in the channel. I don't care if you talk about how bad the duping is getting, but I don't think we should participate in it. We're supposed to be a relatively legit group of friends.

-hps

2. Zarban

Zarban Diabloii.Net Member

Are you gonna include people who talk about d2loader and mh?
    I honestly think people who use double client program and map hack isnt really that bad. Duping is another thing completly though. But this just imo.

3. Hp_Sauce

Apparently I was quite mistaken about how people feel the channel should be run.

Do as you please.

My apologies.

-hps

4. AzaZaz

AzaZaz Diabloii.Net Member

personally i think tppks should be invited in as well. We can give them a list of the private games we're going too and they can come and kill us there.

I think you had it right the first time HP

5. KnownAsJug

KnownAsJug Banned

LOL 10 chars

6. xRaptx

xRaptx Diabloii.Net Member

I personally don't think it has the right atmosphere. Sure you're advertising it to the masses about how HC has its own dedicated channel, I just never saw the sort of welcome I had expected. Don't get me wrong you have a good thing going, it needs restructuring though.

Oh and to add to the topic, I'm all for banning the ones talking about duping. I'm not familiar with loaders as far as using them but as far as I know they're frowned upon. MH is always going to be out there and can be fairly easy to hide, no harm to me if I'm in a safe group.

7. Nerf-Herder

Nerf-Herder Diabloii.Net Member

Don't make me come back to D2 and go Baranor on your ***.

8. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet Diabloii.Net Member

If it's restructuring you want, then you can make your own channel. xbananax is not "the HC channel," nor is it necessarily a place where you will be explicitly welcomed and invited inside for tea and crumpets, nor does it make any guarantees as to the safety of the people you choose to game with or the games you decide to join. It's just a place for people from this forum (and those people's friends) to hang out, shoot the ****, potentially find people to game with, whatever. If that's not enough for you, then you've come to the wrong place; try that "Hardcore Club" thread that's floating around here somewhere.

9. KnownAsJug

KnownAsJug Banned

Vouche--10 Chars <3 you pt.

10. wakiki

wakiki Diabloii.Net Member

People who dupe should not be allowed in the channel.

I don't mind maphackers. I've never done it for fear of getting in trouble with Blizzard.

What's d2loader?

11. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf Diabloii.Net Member

I'll second, third, and fourth this.

Lucky

12. princesspk

princesspk Diabloii.Net Member

About the warm welcome...

*This is not a rant or complaint, and you guys are entitled to doing whatever you want with your channel*

I came over the other night (acct name *PPK, with a barbarian named MahmudFrenzytor) and asked for help after having briefly intoduced myself as having heard of the channel on these forums. Nobody answered me, and I was kicked out of the channel about a minute after that. Just wondering, why?? Do you just not want new people or was it rude to ask for help straight up without knowing any of you?

Anyways.. I'm not mad, and have other friends to play with, but I would've enjoyed a few games with you guys from time to time. There is a serious shortage of honest players these days. Feel free to flame me if you think it's what I deserve, but I would appreciate at least one clear answer if that is not too much to ask.

peace.

13. Hp_Sauce

@princesspk
    It was actually kind of funny the way it all went down. The banana bot has many many many useless commands. All of its commands are activated by placing a period before a phrase. for example .hi gets the banana bit to say "hai" .hp gets the banana bot to say "needs more sauce~!" the list goes on and on, there is probably 200-300 of them now, mostly inside jokes, all useless.

There are a few of them that cause the person who typed them to be kicked from the channel, for example ".free" ".chucknorris" and "..." that last one is 2 periods with a period in front to make it a command. Anyway, you said hello, veryone was afk and didn't respond, so you type ... to show that you were waiting, or whatever, and inadvertently stumbled across that command and kicked yourself from the channel.

I would have whispered you to explain it to you and welcome you back, but you were long gone by the time I scrolled up and noticed it. No one was trying to be rude, it was just a series of unfortunate events.

Edit: here it is sort of "live" you might say. It was the "... or are you all afk" that got you.

[10:34:58 PM] -- PPK [47ms] has joined the channel using Diablo II Lord of Destruction (Destroyer MahmudFrenzytor, a hardcore ladder level 47 barbarian on realm USEast).
    [10:35:40 PM] <PPK> heh guys, heard about this place on the Dii.net forums (sorry if i'm being intrusive btw)... but could anyone help me deal with meph and diablo in nightmare?
    [10:36:28 PM] <PPK> ... or are you all afk?
    [10:36:28 PM] PPK was kicked out of the channel by xbananax (...).

And just as a fyi, I would say there was absolutely nothing wrong with your introduction or your request for help, they were both polite.

-hps

14. Corn

Corn Diabloii.Net Member

Yea, Im playing West right now, but the other day hopped over to East real quick to check out the channel. I had some questions about the community over on East and player pool size but no one responded T_T.

15. Rekoc

Rekoc Diabloii.Net Member

There are certain times of the day where people are mostly AFK in the channel. Like early morning - 4 pm...every is afk. And after that there are some semi afk or in games.

16. Tuf

Tuf Diabloii.Net Member

you got it right there

17. princesspk

princesspk Diabloii.Net Member

Lmao!

Funny how that happened.. it really got me wondering what the hell I had done wrong.

I'll hop back on the channel some time then and see if anyone's on.

Thanks for the comprehensive answer btw!

18. turnips

turnips Diabloii.Net Member

HP: I think you should ban anyone openly discussing their successful duping stories...forget about a warning, just do it. When you get threatened to be tppk'd by some of these people (yes I have screenshots) it just shows what type of people they have on their friends list... This game's really on a downward spiral and I always considered channel's referenced on dii.net to be the last place to go for people who are at least someone legitimate seeking others who are the same.

19. Gambitsreturn

Gambitsreturn Diabloii.Net Member

Wow I dont think i really noticed much talk about duping in the channel. I think I have herd it mentioned a few times but i have really not noticed that it was that big of a problem. But yes i agree with Hp as well, no duping!

-gambit

20. Full_Circle

Full_Circle Diabloii.Net Member

I guess this means you're going to SPF full time, Mr. Sauce? :(

SPF... where everyone is just and honest...

^-the winner of the Dexazon tournament describing his efforts to reach Guardian with his all Dex zon.

On a side note: Stop Duping. :F