Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Teethmancer?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Ebuski, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

Teethmancer?

I read somewhere that Teethmancers were reallly good now with 1.10 but now im reading that you wanna beef up bs and bp? Should i max teeth and all its synergies or follow the bone guide.. anyone wanna redirect me to the teeth guide if you feel teeth would be just as good as a bonemancer? Beucase im atlvl 13 with 11 into teeth so i want to know now before i get too far ahead of myself :\

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Although a Dentist (the "official" name for the Teethmancer) is stronger in 1.10 than he has ever been, it is still not a very viable option. When you max all of the synergies for Teeth you will get 21 Teeth who do 299-403 Magic damage per tooth. But the same enemy can not be hit by more than one tooth at the same time.

Then compare this to Bone Spear who will reach 1267-1346 magic damage and can hit more than one enemy at a time. And you can see that using Spear/Spirit is more viable. If you want to try go ahead and let us know how far you come. Luckily for you the points in Teeth have not been wasted, because it is a synergy for Spear/Spirit.

3. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

or u could exploit the marowalk bug to make a killer dentist...even teeth will have huge dmg

4. Mad Mantis

If you consider 600 damage to be huge killer damage, then by all means use Marrowwalk. Personally I find 600 damage underpowered.

5. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

600 damage isn't all that bad if you have enough fcr and can back up the spamming with enough mana. I just think for all that spamming you could use a more powerful skill and get better results in a shorter time period.

I like the idea of being able to carpet bomb a screen with a spell, but a couple of spears/spirits, 1 or 2 corpses and a decent CE will produce the desired results we all want...dead baddies. lots faster too.

-X

6. metalslug

metalslug IncGamers Member

with marrowalk bug and about 11+ skills ur teeth dmg should be nearing 1k dmg

7. Patsy

Patsy IncGamers Member

Oh, for the Dentist, let us not forget the required additional skills of bone wall/prison for immobilizing the patient as well as the AI curse 'terror', for everyone fears 'The Dentist'.

-Patsy
    "Ah-hyuck! Gawrsh!"

8. Mad Mantis

With +11 skills, full synergies and the exploitation of Marrowwalk the damage of one tooth is 754-971. This makes Teeth a reasonable offensive spell, but still nothing spectacular. The Dentist can work, but it requires a pretty big investment and commitment to the theme.

If we take a look at Spear with the same set-up it does 3334-3522 damage.