Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Technical Question - read

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by k0zmkdr3d, Feb 24, 2004.

1. k0zmkdr3d

k0zmkdr3d IncGamers Member

Technical Question - read

Whats up, I'm playing Diablo 2 on a pretty slow machine. P3 600 mhz with 512k ddr,gf4,etc. The other stuff isnt to bad, the processor itself is slow, I lag at pretty much every good part in the game, Baal minions,diablo,anything with heavy graphics and spell effects. I have all in game graphical options, which they have allowed disabled.

I was wondering if there was any tweak,etc that could turn Spell Effects themselves off, or something to increase my performance so I didnt lag at these times. Either respond on forum or contact via aim - kozmkdr3d

Thanks

2. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

Try turning the resolution down?

3. gismo

gismo IncGamers Member

Copy the D2MUSIC file from your LOD cd to your diabloII folder. That should help with some of the cd spin/lag scenes.

4. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

I'll give you $500 if you can get Diablo II to run on a machine with 512k ram.

5. lord_gerbik

lord_gerbik IncGamers Member

I feel your pain, I play on a P3 500, with (*gasp*) 128mb RAM......I freeze up a LOT, especially on minion runs (or any game with lots of players in it).

/me cries.

6. evasion

evasion IncGamers Member

You can get Foxbats Lag Reduce Mod. Not sure it works for v1.10 though.

7. Mike_H32

Mike_H32 IncGamers Member

That's about 256 times the amount of RAM the bet was made for, read over the comment again :scratch:

(fine then, edit your post out!)

8. th5418

th5418 Banned

Oh yea! P2 450 MHZ 192MB of ram. I pwned you. :clap:

9. th5418

th5418 Banned

How did he change it? I think you were reading it wrong. Since you guys have a 8 hour difference in your posts. By the time you posted yours, he wouldnt have the ability to edit.

10. evasion

evasion IncGamers Member

Yes, I did misread something and edited my post. I did this before there were any replies to my post. Your post time is after my edit time I hasten to add.

Anyway,

The Lag Reduce mod is available here, although it only works with Diablo II Classic & Lord of Destruction 1.09-1.09d:

http://www.planetdiablo.com/theforge/lagreduce/

From my understanding, Foxbat won't be releasing a new version, although you could mail him an ask.

11. evasion

evasion IncGamers Member

Now I am not sure if a mod or the forum ate my reply, so I will assume the latter and post it again.

I did edit my post, but this was before any replies (as you can see from the times).

For the original poster, Foxbat's Lag Reduce mod is available from here, but it only works with Diablo II Classic & Lord of Destruction 1.09-1.09d:

<wrong assumption: deleted link to 3rd party program>

From correspondence with Foxbat (which dates prior to v1.10) I do not believe that he will make a version supporting v1.10, but you could e-mail him to ask.

12. evasion

evasion IncGamers Member

Bad manners...

Last time 'someone' obviously deleted my entire post, this time they removed a link.

In either case who ever did this could at least have the courtesy of either posting a reason (with your name) or sending me a PM.

I don't see anything in the rules that stops me posting a link to Foxbat's Lag Reduce mod.

I would enjoy discussing this with whoever took this action - hopefully a response will be forthcoming.

If the original poster would like a link, they can send me a PM.

13. evasion

evasion IncGamers Member

Well, I've been reading the rules since I posted this and:

5. Thou Shalt Not Pimp or aid the Pimping of hacks and Cheats. Hacks and Cheats are 3rd party programs that allow you to alter the way a player interacts with a game. This includes, but not restricted to Maphack and Pindlebot. We do not support the use of these. You may not ask for help in creating a hack/cheat, a link to where you can find one, provide a link to where people can download one. However, the morality of using these programs is sometimes discussed and we allow these [within reason], unless it violates any other rule.

Now I really fail to see why my link has been deleted. The mod I linked to does not work on the Realms and therefore is only of use on single player or open Battle.net. ATMA is openly promoted on these forums. A case of double standards here I feel.

I have linked to the homepage of the mod so whoever downloads it can ensure that it contains no trojans and so forth.

Again, I enjoy discussing this further.

14. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

He/she gave a reason: It's a 3rd party program.

ATMA is a 3rd party program, but made by a member of this forum and there have been serious discussions about it's use. Several people have been banned...
    If you continue to act like this you'll be banned too, there's no point in discussing on. I've been here long enough to know that the admins always act this way.:shhh:

15. evasion

evasion IncGamers Member

I've been a visitor and a guest of this site since before the beta test of Diablo 2. This is neither here nor there.

I don't believe that Foxbat's Lag Reduce mod should be tarred with the same brush as Maphack etc and am prepared to stand up and say so.

Hopefully a mod with a level head would be prepared to discuss this with me further.

16. th5418

th5418 Banned

3rd party programs are just not wanted within these forums. Itsl ike how some people say that pindle or meph bot or whatever is a good bot,. "I would have found them later anyways!"

17. evasion

evasion IncGamers Member

Cheats and hacks are against the forum rules, discussion of them (within reason) is not.

Not all cheats and hacks are 3rd Party Programs, not all 3rd Party programs are cheats and hacks.

It is blatantly clear that Maphack is a cheat. I would suggest Foxbat's Lag Reduce mod is not, although I concede it is in a 'grey area'.

Out of interest, the trading rules that prohibited the trading of more 40 spaces worth items was changed to 120 for perfect gems after members requested it.

18. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Isn't it designed to work on the realms even if it doesn't work with 1.10?

19. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

Back to the slow cpu part of this thread, I'm runnin d2x on a PII with 256 ram, the only thing that saves me is my cable connection. I'm pretty sure that I only lag in the same places as everyone else. :scratch:

20. Grason

Grason IncGamers Member

only thing i know that might help with running slowly is to run the video setup program in your diablo 2 game file and selecting the direct2d option(if it isn't already selected that is)