Technical Question (can connect to all realms but east) if

Bliz

Diabloii.Net Member
Technical Question (can connect to all realms but east)

I can connect to west asia and europe just fine but not east. I am in the east and my old friends who are going to start playing again will play east as well. I went to the battle.net site and i ran the tests for east and did the traceroute problem identification method and all of the pings were very low except for this one:

11 219 ms 214 ms 199 ms 12-122-254-98.attens.net [12.122.254.98]

I dont know all too well what I am doing with ports and whatnot, I just want to get back into a game i played a few years ago. All of my Cd keys and disks are legit.

My connection goes: from ground --> box --> wireless router --> cord to my desktop

Thanks for any help.

Pjoll

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Technical Question (can connect to all realms but east)

Well if you can connect to all realms but one, you have a temp restriction at least for that specific realm. It's not a network problem.

Bliz

Diabloii.Net Member

Any idea how long they last? Tonight at around 8pm will mark 2 days since the very first time I tried to log on at all.

raishi

Diabloii.Net Member

reset the power on your computer/modem should help fix it...

Pjoll

Diabloii.Net Member

If he can connect to at least one of the realms, it is not a network issue.

They can last anywhere from 10 minutes to two weeks (that's the longest I've experienced). Assuming you're only temp banned, but I think they have special messages when you try to connect when you are perma banned.

Erwwwd

Diabloii.Net Member

If he can connect to at least one of the realms, it is not a network issue.
Actually, if the OP doesn't have a set IP address from his ISP this is a known workaround. Resetting the modem can reset the IP and the ban is bound to that address. Changing that will solve the problem. This is not always the case though, my ISP gives me the same IP forever.

Bliz

Diabloii.Net Member

I reset my router and modem.

My IP has never changed to my knowledge though, and this did not work also. I guess I will just have to wait it out.

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member

I reset my router and modem.

My IP has never changed to my knowledge though, and this did not work also. I guess I will just have to wait it out.
well, resetting might not be enough, you will have to leave it off for a few minutes so that you lose your old ip. However, if you have a static ip this will not be able to help you. We have a static ip, something I got to experience when my brother managed to get us a 2 week ban from battle.net. And he doesn't even play Diablo2 :crazyeyes:

Bliz

Diabloii.Net Member

So, I went into my linksys router 192.168.1.1 and released my ip, cut off everything for half an hour and when i plugged everything back in, my IP changed and I could play d2. Thanks guys for your help.