Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Technical problem

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ShadowLordX, Oct 31, 2010.

1. ShadowLordX

ShadowLordX Diabloii.Net Member

Technical problem

I didn't see a technical support section so I'm putting this here. Admin move it if you need to.

I have a lvl 60 smiter, nightmare act V, and I can't even enter game with him the game freezes with the door opening it doesn't matter whether I click normal or nightmare. Thing is I can enter the game just fine with other characters. I know that a little while ago, couple weeks or so I was in act V with him and the game crashed, the music was still going but I couldn't move, that was after being in-game for about 15-20 minutes. I tried one more time and I was in game for about 30secs-1min and it froze again, and once again I'm not getting this problem with any other character. When I try entering game as my paladin I get "Halt"
    "Location : , line #855"
    "Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 6fe1dc4c" error message. Please help me.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  2. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Technical problem

Is the bnet or single player?

If SP, have you tried deleting the ancillary character files (you only need to keep the .d2s file, don't delete that). I'm not at all sure if that will help, but it's something simple to try. Are you using any mods or muling applications?

Whether bnet or SP, have you tried reinstalling the game?

I've had a similar problem with version 1.07 while using ATMA. In that version, ATMA can corrupt the character file if it encounters certain runewords.

3. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Technical problem

i vote for uninstall, reinstall. i've had similar problems to the one you describe and that's fixed it every time.