Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tech problem

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Arokthis, May 24, 2005.

1. Arokthis

Arokthis IncGamers Member

Tech problem

I have a trio of DIMM chips that look just like the rest of the ones I have, but they don't want to go into the slots without a fight and the machine gives me grief (beeping, no function) when I turn it on with them installed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you need info, you need to tell me exactly where to look to find it.

2. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

Well i would say that you have the wrong kind of pin ram being installed (184 pin 240 pin 168 pin etc) but u said they are the exact same kind of DIMM so i guess that rules out that question. It could also be that ur mobo only supports one type of ram (184 pin DDR SDRAM vs 184 pin RDRAM). Just some guesses.

3. Arokthis

Arokthis IncGamers Member

:scratch: Would you mind translating that into English?

4. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

Basically what ur gonna have to do is find out exactly what kind of motherboard you have and exactly what kind of RAM that you have. Once you know what kind of motherboard u have u can search on the internet to see all the different kind of ram it supports (or read the manual for it if uve got it). Finding out what kind of motherboard might be tricky since some times there are no indictions on motherboards as to brand/model. Same with the RAM. If you computer is a stock computer (ie bought from a local store or a brand name comp such as HP, Compaq, Dell, etc.) then the motherboard will most likely be an Intel mobo (if u have a p4) or an amd mobo (if u have an amd processor). If this is the case go online to their respective websites and see if you can find that motherboard. This is pretty much all i can tell you since i don't know what the actual mobo or RAM looks like.