Tech help. Older game can't find CD in drive?

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
Tech help. Older game can't find CD in drive?

I installed Close Combat IV last night. It installed just fine, albeit with a warning that the game won't run under windows NT 4.0. When I try to play it I get an error message saying the game can't locate the Close Combat CD and that I should insert the CD and restart the application.

I have the game installed on my D:\ partition and the CD is in my E:\ drive, which is a DVD player, CD burner. I'm running Win2K 5.00.2195 with service pack 4.

I had the same problem with Close Combat III after I reinstalled Windows a while back. Before I did that it worked fine but after the reinstall I got that same error message. I reainstalled the game and it worked fine. I've tried reinstalling CC IV but it still doesn't work. I've been running CC III from an image I created so I wouldn't have to mess around with discs. It's mounted with Daemon Tools as F:\. Is it possible that the game will run if I rip it and mount it as an image using DT?

axeil

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm. It might but I'm more inclined to think the game was written only for DOS based 32 bit environments. Google around and see if there's a win XP or win2k patch for it.

FYI: I saw your complaint in the armpit thread so I felt compelled to help.

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks.

I've looked around for patches but I haven't found any. The SSI page is down so it might be tricky to find one. I'll look again, harder.

Jesse24

Diabloii.Net Member
Drosselmeier said:
Thanks.

I've looked around for patches but I haven't found any. The SSI page is down so it might be tricky to find one. I'll look again, harder.
I have the same problem with C&C:Red Alert.

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
Finally got it patched. I had to register at gamezone to get a hold of the patch, but it was worth it. It works now.