Tech Gurus help me!

soulesschild

Diabloii.Net Member
Tech Gurus help me!

For some reason, my computer doesnt remember any of the settings i set for it now, such as my background or my zonealarm prefereances and stuff like that :( its starting to get really annoying, whats wrong???

dodomac

Diabloii.Net Member
soulesschild said:
For some reason, my computer doesnt remember any of the settings i set for it now, such as my background or my zonealarm prefereances and stuff like that :( its starting to get really annoying, whats wrong???
I don't really have the answer but you could try leaving your computer on so you won't have to keep resetting the preferences. If they keep resetting while the computer is still on I have no clue.

Dark Matter

Diabloii.Net Member
Are you using XP?

If so, are you logging on as a User or Admin?

If as a user, your admin settings may change all settings back to default when the user logs off.

Check it.

DM

corndog420

Diabloii.Net Member
Spyware or other mal-ware may also be an option. Run AdAware and Spybot, and see if that helps. Many malware apps sabotage settings files, causing them to display certain things.

Good luck

AgentOrange

Diabloii.Net Member
It's called Deep Freeze. It acts as a way to restore settings on a computer, mostly used by Lan Cafe's, to stop people from downloading and installing things. It's extremely difficult to get rid of, if you want to, you'll have to do it manually. Check these places for it:

HP_KEY_LOCALUSER
Start - Run - regedit, scan for it in there.
Add/Remove Hardware MIGHT have it if your lucky.

The program install's all over the machine, not just in one set place. Comb the registrys and search for anything. If you run a search for "Deep Freeze" you won't find it. Try DpFrz, and such. Good luck. I had to reformat my harddrive since I accidently deleted a key registry file when searching ;)