Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Team SCD - an apology and a question!

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by WarriorPoet, Apr 2, 2004.

1. WarriorPoet

WarriorPoet IncGamers Member

Team SCD - an apology and a question!

Hey guys! Sorry I missed Tuesday night. I was called in unexpectedly to work and as a bonus caught the flu. :p Just my luck, huh?

I've also found out that for the entire month of April I will be unable to make our games due to a project at work. This is a rare chance for me to make overtime and I need to jump on it with both feet, I'm afraid.

So that leaves us with two choices...I can try to keep up with my limited available playing time...or you can replace my guy.

I thought I'd leave that choice up to you all, since that only seemed fair to me. I'm very sorry this has happened, but we all know "real" life can get in the way sometimes. :(

I'll understand whatever you decide to do.

Old guys rule! :D

Poet

2. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear about your flu :(

Anyway, if it's only the month of April that would be 4 Tuesdays. I think that since it was your idea and your team, we could probably take the month of April off. I'd rather do that then either of the options that you proposed. Just my opinion, I'll go along with whatever everyone else agrees upon.

3. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Hum, organizers are jynxed!!!

4. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

yeah, losing our tank sounds like a bad idea, and i'd rather not just replace the organizer of the team. it's unfortunate that we're not in nm, or i would just say that we should take some time off, maybe do some team mfing whenever we felt like it to gain gear for a trip to hell, but that's not that fun or exciting especially in norm. i'm fine with any of the above suggestions except replacing poet.

5. Panders

Panders IncGamers Member

I'm in agreement with everyone else on this one. I give a hearty "Hell no" to replacing you, Poet. Bummer to hear that you caught the flu. Seems to be a nasty stomach bug going around my town. Crossing the fingers that I don't get it. =)

Any of the other options work for me. It would be nice to do something in the time when we can't really progress, even tho I can't really think of anything myself. I really look forward to every Tuesday for the chance to play with you guys. D2 just isn't quite as fun as it used to be after playing with a good group of people, unless it's with those people. =P

6. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Hmmm. Maybe Zappa could sub for Poet and vise versa. Or not.

7. kenshinlod

kenshinlod IncGamers Member

Poet, without you there is no SCD. You are the old guy! :flip:

Anyway, I vote to wait until Poet can come back.

kenshin

8. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

sold... seems our decision is made. if people still wanna play tuesday nights, i've got a (twinked) sorc and throw barb both about ready to start hell if others want to join me for a bit... i'd certainly enjoy the company

9. Panders

Panders IncGamers Member

I'm in the same boat as cooner...except instead of a throw barb and a sorc, I've got a trapsin ready to start hell. She would be my first char to make it to hell in HC. Granted that I survive killing Baal for the quest. ;)

I'm up for doing that stuff on tuesdays if others are interested.

10. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

I like the idea of playing with other characters in April, and getting back to the official SCD team when Poet returns. I'd also have to miss the first hour of our sessions for 4 more weeks, due to natural childbirth classes, and I was feeling bad about holding everyone up.

So, why don't we meet as usual, in hell, with other chars? Could be fun. All of my other characters are under the account name Skunkbelly.

An alternate idea, if we could make it work: would a different playing time work? Just a thought.