Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

team duels

Discussion in 'PvP' started by donzi, Sep 11, 2006.

1. donzi

donzi IncGamers Member

team duels

my friend has a energy shield sorc and i'm making a BvC for team duels.

heres my thouht on a couple items.. correct me if i'm way off please.

Mage enigma
    Eth Areats/CoA switch
    GriefZerk/BeastZerk
    Verdungoes/T-Gods switch
    Gores/Waterwalks?
    FCR+Str Ring/Raven Frost
    Mara's/Saracens Chance (for resists and stats if i cant get Mara's) or a +2 prismatic
    Dracs/Steelrends?

how high on Leap for stun?
    max WW?
    Max BO, Shout? (is def critical in BvC?)

Thanks in advance
    Donzi

2. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Arreat's 40/15 (ed/ias) and CoA 'BerBer'.

Arachnid's Mesh.

Triple resistance boots.

2* Rfrosts vs. teams with smiters, cold sorcs, windies. Vs others 2* fcr rings.

Highlord's Wrath for DS.

Trang-Oul's Claws. Assures you will always have 40% FCR-

20 base points.

Yes.

Yes.

3. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

4. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Why 14 and not 13 as with the new Hsarus setup your lowest skill setup will allow it to be lvl 19 with 13 points?

Because in team duels you WANT to keep your opponents OUT OF YOUR SCREEN via LEAP. Does that say something to you? Higher Leap -> Your opponents will stay farther away -> your team's ranged attacker can kill them easy.

That's why. Also, it's good in 1v1s vs. a Bonewall abusing bonemancer (I dueled one constantly before and after my remake (from 17 pts to 20) and I realized a great difference, just as I noticed a difference between no FHR and 48%.

You can use 13 points if you think that an added few thousands of defense matter, but if you think do, why not prebuff with a mule that's full of wc sks? Also, if you're a BvA, you're forced to put as low amount as possible.

5. conor rocks

Oh it is probally gear because I had high with 14 and did full screen.

6. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

14 + 5 = 19. 19 is the point where your KB radius is YOUR screen, but not the corners (which btw are very crucial for unsummon locking and surprising your opponent).

13 + 1 + 5 (torch + anni + hl) = 19.

And yes, these are the lowest skill setups you will ever use.

7. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

Listen to Ce Olba, he is a BvC Demigod...

Anyways... I don't see where alot of the res is coming from, for my own bvc. Is it all from nat res? Or nat res and charms? Anyways, I think it would be important for him to know in his team duels too...

8. conor rocks

Well you could get around 70-100 from charms natural resit and torch+arreats+triple resist boots+,etalgrid if you got gg charms+life/res charms=good number

9. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

20-40 annihilus and torch
    12-20 fhr scs
    30-49 triple boots
    20-30 CoA
    54-64 Nat Res
    Total: 136-203

So, with perfect items, you will have 75 fire, cold and lightning resistances, all stacked 49 deep, whereas your poison is at 54% unless you got small charms. My BvCs got 75/75/75/60 resistances in Hell after Anyas.

However, do not worry, you can always get some 18-20/10-11 resistance scs to compensate for lost resistances (when you do not have max resistances most likely you cannot afford massive max/ar/life scs either).

Even in the worst case, you can always use Fade and end up with 75% fire/cold/light (21% deep stacked) and 66% poison.

By the way, today is my 16th birthday.

According to Wikipedia the prefix "demi" means "half". So I'm a halfgod of BvC? Does that give me immortality? Or maybe some cool powers (such as controlling the nature or elements (fire, earth, water, wind)) or something?

10. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Grats!

And the demi only provides a cool title. No powas. :thumbsup:

11. donzi

donzi IncGamers Member

so Mage Nigma is good for BvC? and the weps are a good choice as well?

i'm assuming Doom is not soo much of a factor being most casters i'll be facing will have tele and wont be doing much running around?

12. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Mage Nigma is good for a BvC. However, it's a personal preference in the end. My BvC uses Scarab Husk because I like the way it looks. I used to AP, but too many BvCs IMO use AP so I decided to go with Scarab (and yes, I traded my 1260 def Eni AP for a Scarab Husk).

GriefZ and BeastZ are the best possible weapons you can have.

Dooms are actually very nice in Team duels, specially vs. teams with bowazons and/or smiters (believe me, there are lots of those). I beat a team of a Smiter, Windy, Fohadin and a Sorc 2v4 along with my friend who was using a Bonemancer. Some of that is due to Leap + Dooms making the smiter totally useless. The Bonewalls made the Fohadin useless, the Leaps made the sorc a cake (it was a lightning sorc IIRC, and she couldn't aim due to Leap).

13. donzi

donzi IncGamers Member

hey thanks for all the great input Ce Olba

next is finalizing my charms and getting a better anni lol

my tortch is a 19/15
    my anni is a 10/17

i have a small handfull of small FHR with 8-11% resists and a fiew 5% all res smalls 1 mastery with life, and a couple grand ar/lifers and my crem dela crem is a 10 max 77 ar 37 lifer with a buncha 20 lifer smalls

oh and is pre-buffing concidered BM?

i heard it is as well as dracs are BM in duels.. just curious

14. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

BM is a myth. BM comes from words "bad manners", which an item cannot be (as logically, they do not live they cannot have manners).

As for pre-buffing, do whatever you want, if someone whines, squelch.

Draculs, well, some stupid people make up Draculs to be "BM" due to them losing to smiters who use Draculs for Life Tap, so they need an excuse why they always lose. Of course Draculs are not BM.

Something to point out:
    max/ar/life GCs are overall very bad, specially compared to max/ar/life scs, if both are perfect. However, when comparing a perfect max/ar/life GC and a perfect ar/life GC, you see that you gain almost double the AR with 1 ar/life GC, thus you lose less life (with 45 lifers, you lose 15 life each GC). You should use 3 of ar/life GCs (so you lose at least 45 life. If you used max/ar/life GCs, you would lose 90 life due to needing double the amount of GCs to get to the level of AR).

15. donzi

donzi IncGamers Member

i knew what BM stood for.. just gettin back into the PvP part of the game after some MF runs n crap.. so wasnt quite sure what is kosher perse in team duels and or tourneys.

I kinda figured the Max's arent hugely important in BvC as life is your key ingredient for success.

would it be best to go full Inv of ar/lifers and fill bottom row with small ifers or go half inv of ar/lifers and fill most with small life/fhr/resist small charm combos.

what would be min fhr you need if at all important for a barb in BvC

Thanks again this is all helping a ton...

16. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Neither. Get 3-4 ar/life GCs (120-132 AR with 20-45 Life). 4* fhr scs, rest filled with 20 life scs with mods.

48%. 4* fhr scs gets you to this breakpoint in every setup except with Kiras (and that's only vs. fohadins and then you do not even need fhr).

No problems.

However, to answers most of the questions, I will give you my mini-outline of BvCs (basically a guide with no strategies and no explanations).

There.

17. donzi

donzi IncGamers Member

^^

Yur the bombdiggidy..

Thanks a heap

18. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

How do you think I got all the posts?

As for BvCs, been researching and using one for about a year now.

19. conor rocks

Ce obla when is the last time you dueled?

20. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

I had a little tryout today.

As for when I had my last series of dueling, I do not remember, somewhere around 3-4 months ago.

The last time I was playing actively (everyday) was before 9.5.2006 (which is the date my friend died).

And what's the point of the question? If you're troubled about the dueling advice I give, you shouldn't be, as I will of course be dueling a LOT versus the competent people (most likely the best V/T, the best smiter, my friend's boner, my friend's windy before I make the strategies).