Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Team Deviant - Week III

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Kitriara, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

Team Deviant - Week III

I'm using this thread both as a reminder (now) and post-game thread (tomorrow). I believe everyone can make it this week, so DEV should be able to return to its first-week glory! AceVentura will be rejoining the group with tankin' a plenty.

Cant wait for tonight's game... see you all at 9!

2. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

Guys, this is pathetic. Our game summary from last week had a measly one reply, by yours truly. Which can mean only one thing... you all missed my quote(s) of the week! Avast!

Seriously though, let's get some team spirit and morale and stuff and junk and RAWR! Be energetic, be excitied, etc! Reply, if only to up your paltry post count.

Kit, is AceVentura up to speed? I'll be on from about 4 tonight and on and off sporadically for the rest of the evening, so if you need help shoot me an /f msg.

Lookin' forward to it, y'all.

3. IamTheTest

IamTheTest IncGamers Member

::Looks up from sharpening fine balanced axe of the flame:: I am ready to smite some flayers and make them sad...dv8.
    -[DEV]AreYouSad

4. lasthero

lasthero IncGamers Member

Terribly sorry guys but im going to have to drop out of team deviant :( my finals are coming up and i cant afford to play as much cause i need all the hours i can get in studying. Hope you guys do well without me, and once again so sorry.

5. Kitriara

Awwww

Kitriara: Summoner [druid]
    Pintail-Hunter: Tesladin [paladin]
    UndeadDragoon: Daggermancer [necromancer]
    viamede: Enchantress [sorceress]
    lasthero: RIP [assassin]
    hc_ugajeremy: Crier [barbarian]
    Iamthetest: Throwsmiter [paladin]
    Lostprophet: Poison Javs [amazon]

las, thats a shame man. However, I give you the utmost respect for knowing when you need to work on school stuff and not diablo.

So does this mean we have an assassin opening now for someone to get in next week? (man, it just feels too soon)

6. Pintail-Hunter

Pintail-Hunter IncGamers Member

My batteries are charged and ready to deliver some voltage tonight. I will take the stinky necro with me again.....

Did we have any alternates? Any volunteers?

7. viamede

viamede IncGamers Member

Reekem, ruckem, rookem, rake, stick that sword into that snake....GOOOO DV8!!

There's yer spirit...

Sorry bout Last..good luck on your finals.

We had alot of others on back up. Hopefully they or someoe else will jump in and level-up for the spot on what is certain to be a challenging adventure...

see ya tonite!!!

8. hc_ugajeremy

hc_ugajeremy IncGamers Member

Hey, I'm all ready for tonight. Lookin forward to it.

:thumbsup: Team DeV

9. Pintail-Hunter

Got home from work today to find out that my 18 month son did some work on my cd rom drive. With a busted CD-ROM drive - I'm out for tonight.

I built the tesladin on another account - thank god - I will be PMing you guys the account and password - so he can be played by a fill in.

Whisper *truncle my friend on bnet - he can play the tesaldin if another person cant be found.

Check your pms

10. Kitriara

Week III Recap

I am poorly equiped to recount this tale, having had to bail out a mere 30ish minutes in. I would really appreciate if someone could give a recap of how we did last night. Meanwhile, a story.

Everyone who played last night may remember I exited with "Oh crap... my friend is calling me from jail." Lets call that friend... uh, Jam. Jam and I have been friends since 4th grade and have always kept in touch - so naturally I am wondering what the heck he's doing in jail.

I live in Philadelphia. So does Jam. Apparently, Jam gets pulled over for making a right turn on red on a No Turn on Red intersection. No biggie, right? Well, then run his name and - get this - there is another Jam out there, exact same name, who is a wanted felon in Philly and has repeated escaped police. Thinking that this is the guy, they arrest him and drag him off to jail.

For some reason, the cops wouldnt listen. He kept telling them things like "Look! My address is different and even my age is different!" to which the cops would respond with things like "Oh what, did you LIE last time we had you?" So he spent all evening in jail. Meanwhile I'm trying to get to his girlfriend's, get spare keys for his car and take it home. I ended up walking around until like 3 AM in the freezing cold since I couldnt catch a cab for my life.

Back in jail, the cops still wont listen to Jam, who has been sitting in a cell all night handcuffed. Finally they fingerprint him and realize its the wrong guy. Without apology, the just say, "OK, you're clear." and proceed to drop him off in a bad part of town, alone, about 40 blocks from his car... its about 4:30 AM. He can finally give me a call and we get his stuff together; finally the whole ordeal ends around 6 AM, but Jam called me today and told me he couldnt sleep because he was so angry.

Apparently when he asked the cops what could be done to prevent this from happening again, they said, "Not much." and drove off.

I look forward to the DEV games all week and was really, really pissed that I had to miss it. Just pissed in general, I mean, not at Jam! Anyways, if someone could tell me a level to get to and a quest position to be at, I'll surely be there for next week's KIT-IS-PLAYING-WITH-HIS-CELLPHONE-OFF game!!! :lol:

Cant wait for the quotes of the week! I hope my exit line makes it! =)

11. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Hum, i think i might consider a name change!

12. Pintail-Hunter

Kit- I feel your pain. Lets schedule a night this week to catch up. I should have my CD-Rom drive swapped out today.

13. viamede

viamede IncGamers Member

Well I saw your note about a friend in jail but didn't really notice you were gone till all the wolfies disappeared (they were somehow magically replaced by three skellies as our necro seemed to switch hats midway though). Yes I am slow and un-obsevant to boot.

I am sure someone will post a better account then I can as I was usually trailing along behind and arriving just in time to pick up the greater mana potions. We picked up the heart and eye, got the gidbin, the tome and killed the council. Alas no heart as I gather there was not enough time to go pokin around the sewers. We went to 11 stopping after killing the council. They were pretty short work although I gather one was FE so nearly took someone out on dying. I have no idea if anyone picked up anything decent as I was generally firing arrows from the back and never saw any good stuff drop. One, of undoubtedly many more, Isenharts case was found and is probly on some merc.

I did find a Ral and now finished my leaf staff so am giving a level 12 enchant on switch (2 to ench and 3 fire skill on staff).

Three people switched to A3 lightning mercs. None of my bizness what anyone does but IMHO I dona like the A3 merc, esp lightening, cuz:

1. There was so much lightning flying around I couldn't see the flayer buggers chopmin on my ankle until nearly evertin else was dead;
    2. They have no aura;
    3.Enchant is useless on em so they are doing probly 1/4 of the damage the Act2 enchanted mercs are doin.

Perhaps they should be switched for barbs when we get to A5. We should also do some team forward planning on merc's so we don't end up with 8 HF mercs after A2 nightmare.

I'm usin a rare 2 socket bow that steals mana (sort if useless) with a saphire and tal in it, for whoever was askin. Sorry I don't converse much in game but my typin sucks and I have to stand still and fall behind to say anything over one syllable.

Lookin forward to next week.

Oh I also threw away my money after game (now that I'm not staff shoppin) tryin to get a good circlet (endned up with a 6 life regen as best I could do before funds were gone).

Look forward to better posts by those who can walk and chew gum at same time, unlike me =).

cheers.

14. IamTheTest

To avoid an exceedingly drawn out rant concerning the need to reform the proceedure used by our countries various law enforcing individuals I will simply say I am sorry for the hell that you and your friend must have experienced. As for the team, last night was rather uneventful and I spent a few minutes after we disbanded gambling weapons and circlets. I found a +1 Shapeshifting which was immediatley resold. I am currently using a +2x Poison resist 20% frw. Im gonna have to start picking up more money.

15. Kitriara

Thanks for the condolances about my rediculous little situation last night. Would've much rather been gambling useless circlets with you guys!!!

Pintail, I sent you a PM.

16. hc_ugajeremy

hc_ugajeremy IncGamers Member

That's real shady Kit. Sorry to hear about your friend.

I think a funny quote, that I can recall, was one of my own..

"Cry.. you have bo yet?"

"Not till 30"

"30???"

"Oh .. that was pretty dumb"

Then I proceed to bo the hell out of everyone.

Needless to say, my mindless rants didn't stop there. :cheesy:

17. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

Sorry for the delay everybody.

*fanfare*

Team Deviant Official Quote of the Week
    "Who would've thought a Throwsmiter throws and uses smite?" - KTA-PoisonTouch (again. Sorry, he's just the king. Also, I'm a big fan of totally random ****, and this was completely out of the blue :p).

To everyone else's credit I was really tired on Tuesday and prolly missed some really funny ones. That whole exchange was pretty funny, Uga, and Kit, I have no recollection at all of your parting words.

I'll try to be more on the ball next week.

Until then.

18. Kitriara

I forget who said it, but I recall my exit conversation going something like this:

Me: Oh crap, my friend just called, he's in jail!
    Someone: HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Me: I gotta go.
    Someone: Jeez, that wasnt funny at all. Sorry.

That actually made me laugh a lot.

19. IamTheTest

That was me kit.

20. viamede

viamede IncGamers Member

I hope I didn't tick anyone off ranting on the merc's. I tend to chew on my shoe more than I should.

Just want to be useful and would rather be able to enchant as much as is useful. Sorry if I didn't get everyone enchanted all the time, this will get easier as its time increases. Enchanting two players, mercs or wolfies consumes my whole mana ball at present so need to chug mana as I am enchanting which slows things slightly as well.

OT: By the way Kit have started a HC Freezealot using your guide to try a diff Paladin (did a hammerdin but got bored at midlevels as he was too easy- besides whacking is more fun).

Oh and I see Prophet has a subconscious desire to be a KTA member. ;)