Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Team Dev(oid)? -and then there were 3

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by viamede, Apr 7, 2004.

1. viamede

viamede IncGamers Member

Team Dev(oid)? -and then there were 3

Clearly some EVIL deviant force is at work and now snatching members of Team Deviant in their sleep so they are never heard from again. First lasthero must drop due to exams and studying (clearly EVIL at work). Then our leader Kit must drop in week 3 to bail a falsely arrested friend out of jail only to dissappear from both the Team and these Forums before week IV w/o a trace (EVIL). Last night I was to be absent but the early innings beating the Tigers layed on the Jays allowed me to make it. By 9:15 only Test and I were in the channel so we went to town and started chatting up the townsfolk. Luckily Jeremy showed shortly after (EVIL traffic) and finally having a meagre core we headed out.

We got Test the forge quest then headed off to kill Diablo. I lost track of all the curses the OKs threw on us it seemed to change every 3-4 seconds. Fortunately we have one thrower and my melee sorc who does so little phys damage that only our barb had to watch IM. After a few close calls by the non-barb players we dispatched Diablo and headed off to Act V.

Sadly my Blood Crescent, even fully enchanted, could only do any real damage to the imps so I was left chasing them around the fields while our barb actually killed stuff. I tried a bigger sword off Larzuk but the monsters had already left the screen when I was half way through my swing. Luckily a team member found and tossed Clegaws Tooth and thanks to DS I can now do some real damage...oddly though only about 50% of the time. We rescued the barbarians and Anya, for which I was rewarded with a stinkin orb. (God how I wish you could pick a Rare for a reward from the gambling page). After some shopping and gambling (for those who have money...not me) we parted till next week.

Our team presently stands as follows:

Kitriara: Summoner [druid] - missing and presumably falsely arrested in Mexico
    Pintail-Hunter: Tesladin [paladin]-AWOL
    UndeadDragoon: Daggermancer [necromancer]-AWOL
    viamede: Enchantress [sorceress]- present
    lasthero: Phoenix Striker [assassin]-writing exams for Baal
    hc_ugajeremy: Crier [barbarian]-our hero
    Iamthetest: Throwsmiter [paladin]- present
    Lostprophet: Poison Javs [amazon]-absent with excuse

Looking forward to hearing from Pintail and Undead. I think nightmare will be really slow and hell all but near impossible with just an Enchantress, Crier Barb and Throwsmiter. Hopefully we can pull together more of a team for next week.

Looking forward to the Quote and some screenies (with only three of us I am bound to be in at least one or two).

Cheers.

2. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear your team seem to be dissolving.

On another note: Why is it odd that Cleglaws Tooth triggers the DS about 50% of the time? That's what's listed on it anyway :lol:

3. viamede

viamede IncGamers Member

Uhmmmm...sarcasm....(apparently) too subtle sarcasm.....(probably) not funny sarcasm.... :)

4. hc_ugajeremy

hc_ugajeremy IncGamers Member

Sigh.. apparently I was hitting the wrong button during our fight with fat boy Diablo.

I did capture the quote though.

goolash

gimp

I feel the same as you, I'm worried about Nightmare and Hell. Hopefully we'll have at least 5 by Baal.

Right now we're 28-30 if anyone is looking to catch up and we stopped at after saving the prissy Anya. At least our pally got an upgrade, my helmet was no better than the magical ones I've been finding lately.

If anyone wants to catch up, I'll be glad to assist tonight.

5. sdgeffre32

sdgeffre32 IncGamers Member

Are there Open spots/East or West

6. viamede

viamede IncGamers Member

Hey Steven. We are on East and play Tuesday nights 9-11 EST. Not really my call on who joins but as we seem to have lost our leader I personally don't see a problem if your interested and everyone else is cool. I would first like to hear from other team members who are MIA as to their plans/life demands/whatever and have a bit of a roll call before we see what spots (gaping holes) we need filled. You can read the past threads to see the basic premise (untwinked deviant builds). You would need to level an untwinked character that fits the bill up to near our level (I am sure you can get some help here from team members if you need it). Post if this works and once we see what's up with everyone we can see where you might best fit in.

Cheers.

7. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

Still Alive!

Man, lemme tell you that I feel like a total jerk for not having checked in. I go ahead and organize this whole little experiment and then leave it locked inside with no food and an overflowing litterbox. Not my style, so apologies.

Classes started recently - my final year for my Computer Science degree. Sadly, there was no 'first week' feeling this time... we just got slammed with work. On top of that, for some reason they decided to change the main language we program in from C++ to Java, despite having taught us C++ for four years. So much for being grandfathered in. Anyways, I've been trying to accustom myself to Java and get all of my work in on time, and it has been CRUSHING me.

I see things are semi-falling apart here. Well, I can tell you for a fact that I'll be with you guys, level 30, up to anya quest completed by this next Tuesday. I'm finally in the swing of things and finding time to get stuff done.

These are indeed evil forces at work, though not as evil as during False Imprisonment Week =) That was some evil shiz, that was.

Looking forward to getting to Baal and doing a few runs to get to a survivable level for nightmare... maybe even some decent gear!

8. viamede

viamede IncGamers Member

Yeah Kit. Just good to know your alive and kicking. :)

9. IamTheTest

IamTheTest IncGamers Member

Id be okay with adding ringers...nm act 2 scares me. Ill have salvation which should help with resist issues so thats a plus. Good to hear from ya kit. DV8.

10. viamede

viamede IncGamers Member

Hey Test...meant to ask whatever happened to your merc?

If u need one get a barb (at least till A2 NM) so I can enchant him.

Kit..I picked up a Wall of Eyeless that I hung onto thinking you may want to use it. Also picked up a Foul Litter Scoop of Carnage that you might want to use...the litterbox is in Harrogath in Malah's room and it is rather full. :)

11. IamTheTest

IamTheTest IncGamers Member

I was planning on a nm merc...I can never seem to keep those fools alive anyway. NMA2 sounds good.

12. viamede

viamede IncGamers Member

Good choice but please get a barb until then if your not using anything else. They hit real hard and will do a lot of damage with a good two hander when enchanted.

13. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

Hey all.

Know what the really ironic part is? My vacation got cancelled. I was planning on being there until 8 am Tuesday morning, when my GF called and told me we were going college visiting.

Ugh.

Anyway, as it turns out I'll prolly be there next week, despite the birthday of my aforementioned GF (she's not usually this controlling! I swear!) Glad to see you guys kept the quote of the week thing going (sort of), despite my absence.

Oh, and good to see you're alive and well, Kit.

See y'all around.