Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Team damage

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by Strogg, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Strogg

Strogg IncGamers Member

Team damage

I tried to play this game online a few times, but it's pretty much impossible because players damage each other even when they don't mean to. Anyone know how to play online without this kind of stuff?

2. draakon

draakon IncGamers Member

Re: Team damage

I think you have to get used with this. As far as I know there is no way to disable it. Well.. there could be some mod for this, but quick search didn't bring anything up. And those mods wouldn't work in battle.net. Anyway.. people have played this game with friendly-fire for years, so its not impossible.. be more careful where you shoot or step, as mage use AoE spells only in emergencies and enjoy the game.

3. Asty

Asty IncGamers Member

Re: Team damage

play a warrior, and you wont hurt anybody unless you use spells. If you like to play sorc, get used to playing alone. if you are a rogue and use a bow, just simply dont shoot in the same direction other people are in. use swords, golem, stone curse, guardian. as a warrior playing with rogues its not always their fault if they hit you, just be smart and dont jump in front of a shooting rogue. stand on corners and walls, use shift+attack and allow the rogue clear line of shot. sorc is pretty hopeless if you plan on using chain lightning and fireballs. sorc just isnt a character that coops well. unless you are very carefull, and limiting. warriors coops best with other warriors, rogues with rogues, sorc with sorc. warriors and rogues can coop well if you know what you are doing. sorc almost never coops well with others. in all cases, friendly fire DOES and WILL happen. it takes experience, patience, and skill to keep it down to a minimum.
    Personaly i am glad that friendy fire exists, its more realistic, challening, and tatical. my only complaint is that friendly fires does not work with melee attacks like a sword, this makes it a little unbalanced in the warriors favor, but hey its d1, nothing is balanced :)