Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Team Battles Tournament: Signup now!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SuperSavage, Mar 31, 2004.

1. SuperSavage

SuperSavage IncGamers Member

Team Battles Tournament: Signup now!

Welcome Everyone, Team Battles is a tournament that I have thought about and now is created. This thread is just for signups too get everyone that is playing, making the teams, and also the team names. After that is complete I will start the actual tournament thread and it will begin, I will update every single day. I am thinking of making it teams of 3 instead of 4, which this would make more teams and I think that would be a lot funner. Depends on how many people signup depends on 3-4 people per team. :)

Rules:
    - Each team will consist of 4 members (3 if there isnt to many)
    - Each Team must all have 3-4 different character classes. Picking each class for each play can be crucial because some people are better with certain characters, so decide wisely.
    - Each team comes up with a "Team" name
    - I will update all teams on a daily basis with all current points and status.
    - 1 Character per person.
    - Every Waypoint must be found.
    - Cow King quests must be completed before proceeding to the next difficulty (to make it harder of course ).
    - Quests do NOT have to be completed in order, but all Act quests must be completed before moving to the next act.
    - You may return to any difficulty for any reason at any time.
    - There is no time limit of signing up and It's never to late to sign up in the future, as long as you have 2-3 other people to start a team.
    - Any player may progress in the game, and not wait for any other team member, there is no restrictions for each team progressing at the same time.
    - The Point using system from the Three way dance tournament for each player will be used for each player in the tournament.
    - Each team will have 3-4 players, and out of all the players the points are added up for each team and of course, the highest wins.
    - Gambling is allowed anytime on any difficulty.
    - Each character is Hardcore and may only live once, no twinking of any kind.
    - You may be able to mule items off your character for storage.
    - All quests must be completed except Hell Nithalahk (however you spell it).
    - You can use any items and all rune combos, etc.
    - Any /players 1-8 setting may be used at any time during the game.
    - You are allowed to run any areas as much as much as you like on any difficulty.
    - Charges may be used at any time on any item.
    - You may trade any items between players on your own team but not on any other player on any other team.

Point system that will be used from 3 Way Dance Tourny
    1 point per quest completed
    3 points for finishing Normal difficulty (making Destroyer)
    5 points for finishing Nightmare difficulty (making Conqueror)
    7 points for finishing Hell difficulty (making Guardian)

1 point for killing the Cow King on Normal difficulty
    3 points for killing the Cow King on Nightmare difficulty
    5 points for killing the Cow King on Hell difficulty

30 points per character finishing Normal (31 points including killing the Cow King)
    62 points per character finishing Nightmare (66 points including killing both Cow Kings)
    95 points per character finishing Hell (104 points including killing all Cow Kings)

If anyone has any questions please feel free to do so.

-SuperSavage

2. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Hmm so very conflicted, so very little time to play, time playing used on other games, already in a tournament that I'm not devoting enough time to but sounds so interesting. I'll have to get back to you SuperSavage. Need to think :scratch:

3. Couvi

Couvi IncGamers Member

I am in. :)

4. Boddah_khan

Boddah_khan IncGamers Member

I am in. Should be really fun. As I said in the other thread, I can host if my team wants to MP. Cheers!

5. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Also a rather important question how are the teams made? Is it random or do we vote team captains who pick from the participants?

6. SuperSavage

Well, I was thinking of doing it random, but mabey we should do team captains.... ? When you signup guys please post Random or Captains. Couvi and khan please post what u think as well. Good point Spook glad you brought that up.

I vote for Captains.

7. Boddah_khan

Boddah_khan IncGamers Member

I vote captains as well. Cheers!

8. Couvi

Couvi IncGamers Member

Every team needs a fearless leader. I vote for captains.

9. tenaka

tenaka IncGamers Member

In.
    Captains.
    Beer!
    Oh wait, we werent voting on beer. I think I'll have one anyway.

10. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

I'm in for sure :)
    I think we should be able to choose our teams amongst ourselves, but that's just my opinion.

Sam

11. Online

Online IncGamers Member

I'm in . I think that every team should be generated randomly, but must have a captain.

12. SuperSavage

If teams are randomly generated, what would a captain do?

13. Online

Online IncGamers Member

i said that not character classes are generated randomly , but teams. Captain would assign classes to players , of course they will say with what characters they are best.

14. Bammy

Bammy IncGamers Member

I'm interested in joining this tournament. I've never played HC so it will be interesting.

If you make the teams random, couldn't a team not get a person capable of hosting? (assuming that you can play multiplayer with your team)

15. SuperSavage

Well, we will try and make sure that each team will get someone that can host for a MP game, for my self I cannot play any MP because I have 14.4k dial up.... which yes of course is WAY to slow. :(

16. azn_apocalypse

azn_apocalypse IncGamers Member

I'm in, although I can't act as a host/leader. I know teams haven't been formed yet but I have a suggestion for my team name:

The MFers

(little dbl entendre there...)

17. SuperSavage

Well, since not many people are joining probably due to that there is the Skillz Tourny, Fashion Plates Tourny. HCL, and the Greek Mythology Tourny going all right now plus this one so thats 5 at one time. So, I was thinking if we get 2 more members that will be 9. That makes 3 teams of 3.... or wait for one more and have 2 teams of 4... what do u guys think? Too bad theres not many people. :(

18. azn_apocalypse

azn_apocalypse IncGamers Member

Actually, I am in favor of keeping it small. For one thing, I can say from experience that it makes updating the standings a lot easier.

Having just two teams with a lot of players on each might be interesting, since each one would accumulating a lot of points. There would also be less chance of a team losing just b/c one person on it decided they didn't want to play in the tourney after all.

19. SuperSavage

Good point there apoc... I have decided, and now we have 8 players... so there will be 2 teams of 4, everyone think that is ok? If 2 more join then we could have 2 teams of 5 and just have 2 teams the whole time getting bigger and bigger. This is just my idea, anyone agree? I am thinking this because there are not that many people and I think with not that many people this is the best idea for it. Who agrees?

So far its:

1. SuperSavage
    2. Couvi
    3. Boddah_Khan
    4. Tenaka
    5. Sam_Mananza
    6. Online
    7. Bammy (your in right?)
    8. azn_apocalypse

20. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

Add me to it.. Didn't check the forums for this last time I was on... so add me

As for captians.. I think it should be up to the team to discuss (on aim or through emails, etc) what theyre characters are not up to one person of the team

And CANT host !!! :rant: