Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

teachers are dumb

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by crawlingdeadman, Sep 20, 2006.

1. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

teachers are dumb

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/15557585.htm

dont get me wrong, my mother was a teacher for 25 years the vast majority of wich was served in kansas. i've lived in kansas my whole life (hell i even lived in salina for a year). there's the intelligent design/evolution thing that came up in our schools recently i wont even go into that. teachers get paid too little. teachers get little support from parents (i have several personal stories about this that i wont go into). teaching in general is an unappreciated profession. blah blah blah what ever... my point (i have one) is this:

how many freaking years was this idiot in school to be a teacher?

i learned in a kansas public school (most likely grade school) that needle sharing = bad. did he miss that day. does somebody have to make a prereq class needle sharing 101? i was young and still in school when aids hit the media big. all the schools started teaching about it and needle sharing and sexually transmitted disease earlier than they typically had up to that time. what i'm ranting and raving and trying to say is "what the hell?" how does this happen? are we so desperate for teachers that we let morons teach? i hadnt realized it had gotten that bad.

ps. when looking for this story in internet form (saw on news last night) i found this. so that made me feel better somehow.

2. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

I got as far as "...suspended with pay" - emphasis mine
    and decided it was best for my sanity if I stopped. :lipsrsealed:
    :sad2: :cry:

3. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Teachers aren't dumb. They're smart enough to have figured out how to get 3 months vacation each year with pay. Pay that I might add is not bad after you put in a few years. Just like it is in EVERY OTHER PROFESSION.

4. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

read the other story, nothing happened to that guy as he had already retired by the time the incident was discovered.

as a side note to this story i think that after treading water socially, economically, and scholastically for the past 5 year's i've decided i want to follow in my mom's footsteps and become a teacher...i'll try not to have kids bleed on each other.
    yeah but for several years after many more years of privately funded research telling the same thing, many schools are going to year round sessions.

the thing that get's my mom still to this day hot under the collar is the "no child left behind" crap. "yeah your kid didnt meet the standards but we dont want him to be held back any so we'll try to get him next year"

5. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

No way am I going to listen to a zombie. Sheesh, somebody call in Mod and have him take care of this dead guy. He's still moving :laugh:

6. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

i remember my grade 7 science glass...we were given one lancet and told to share it...the science teacher told us to hold it in the flame of the bunsen burner for 10 seconds after each use...nobody wanted to stick themselves so we grabbed the nerd and stabbed him a few times until everyone had a blood smeared slide to look at.

that was pre HIV...i can't believe any teacher now would be stupid enough to make kids share a needle.

7. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

I certainly hope we aren't abrogating the students of any responsibility. Yes, the teacher was dumb for using the same needles, but the students seem pretty dumb for using the same needles as well.

8. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Dum, dum-dum, dum-dum-dum-dum DUM DUM! Dum, dum-dum, dum-dum-dum-dum dum-dum.

Dum-dum, dum-dum-dum-dum da-dum, dum-dum-dum-dum da-dum...

Okay, that doesn't work so well in text.

9. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

*tries to imagine the scene*

10. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

years later i felt bad for the guy...he was on our school's reach for the top team...he wasn't really a smart nerd(failed english 4 years running) but he knew his trivia...i still have an old betamax video of him picking his nose on the show...he gave one of those sly sideways looks to make sure that nobody was watching him and then he went for the boogie...i guess he forgot about the camera.