Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Teach Me How To Duel W/ Wind Druid pls...

Discussion in 'Druid' started by NightKidzZ, Apr 10, 2005.

1. NightKidzZ

NightKidzZ IncGamers Member

Teach Me How To Duel W/ Wind Druid pls...

Hi All:
    I got a Lv80 Wind druid: Try to max block..going for 225dex with storm shield right?!
    Max out- All wind skills + Oak, Raven, Wolfs and Bear.
    So can u guys teach me how to duel againest other chars?!
    Here is what I am doing right now:
    Tele on top of them and firing Tornados at them..seems I have trouble with it..any tips?!
    thanks

2. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Namelock and spam. Then start telling people you are one of the top 10 windys on the realms.

Thats about it.

Garbad

3. NightKidzZ

Namelock and spam?! Can u tell me a bit clare pls?! I am new to druid.. Name lock is it just tele them when u click their name?! Spam?! no idea how to do that:)

4. TheGreatDivorce

TheGreatDivorce IncGamers Member

I can demonstrate some techniques for you if you are on USEast Non if you want.

5. NightKidzZ

I would love to see that:)
    but i am on west, I can make a east char:) tell me ur name pls:)
    maybe in about 3 hours I can go online and see ur godly druid :)

6. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

To be honest the best way to learn how to duel is to practice ... sure you'll get your butt handed to you for the first week or so ... but soon you'll learn.

7. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

amen to that

8. jepspi

jepspi IncGamers Member

Wow.. is this what Druids have sunken into? Acting as sorcs?

Considering the fact that teleport recharge costs quite a bit, that alone should make you reconsider your style.

I never liked spell druids from way back, and they are still at a considerable disadvantage if compared to natural spell casters.

Melee all the way for Druids!

9. TheGreatDivorce

Windies > any Sorc if the players both have the same amount of skill level, no questions about it.

10. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

First: Enigma = no charges
    Second: Charges are the cheap mans tool. They are cheap to repair since it only takes ral/ort every time ^^ so with 50 charges you could teleport 50 times before you had to use a ral/ort, and that is something you probably only would use in pvp so... it is cheap :D

11. jepspi

jepspi IncGamers Member

Never! Melee!!!!!!!

12. Jerion

Jerion IncGamers Member

:p Divorce, I'm on useast scl and making a Windy. Perhaps you could show me some starts/techinques. :)

13. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Hmm a wind druid can obtain more than 5k hp, more than 5k damage 11 frames faster cast = 2,3 attack pr. sec., and a 6 frames hit recovery + he will have great stunning spells together with lots of meat shields! ;)

A melee druid (fury?) Will maybe have the same damage, about the same life due to str. req or a bit more, but he won't be able to tele so he will be an easy pray and he will have to get close to an opponement by walking because if he runs he will be pretty much open prey anyway ^^

14. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Actually since we are talking good characters wolfs will beat windys in every category but wont have tele and require ar.

Decent wolf will probably have 6k life, 10k 1 hand damage but vs. casters probably around 12-13k at 4 frames range 5. 20k min ar but easily able to get 40k. And vs. casters who in their right mind would walk with a fury druid.

15. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Yes but they would probably get wasted by Tornados before they would reach the druid (if the druid is tactically) besides tele provides great flexibility so... even with more damage and more life I'll still say the windy will win ;)

16. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

my old shaper killed good windys plenty of times

17. TheGreatDivorce

Wolves can get to Windies if the Windie acts tough and trys to out tank the Wolf by Teleporting on top of him and thinking he can just click down and spam Tornadoes, I know I've done this quite a few times.

If you actually use Teleport effectively then it should be an easy match.

18. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Hmm now when I think about it, it all goes down to f r/w vs fcr, and the wolfs fhr if we say the wolf has greater life and damage. And that the druid has poor defence.

The wolf druid (Using Fury?) will probably use Feral rage to get a fast run walk and maybe 100% f r / w from equiptment or somehing... lets say feral gives him +50% ^^

this will give him the running speed of:
    6+4 *(50/100 +100*150/(100+150)/100 + 0/100) = 10.4 Yards / sec
    Where as the druid with 11 fcr will tele with 2.2 screen per sec IF he has the cursor in the buttom of the screen (which most persons have like in the 3/4 of the screen of what you call it...)
    So if his mouse is is in the position of 3/4 of the screen then he should tele with 3/4 * 14,212 yards * 2,2 sec^-1 = 23,5 yards / sec (more than double as fast) so he could even tele/nado/tele/nado if he would. Though he would need to be able to aim with the nado ;)

If the wolf hit the druid then the wolf will probably win due to higher FHR, Attack speed, Damage, and life.

BTW: With the 23,5 yards / sec teleing druid I guess a barb with high lvl Frenzy and the same amount of item f r / w should be able to catch the druid ;) With lvl 20 Frenzy and lvl 6 IS he should have 201% Skill f r / w and with 100% Euqiptment speed he would end up with 16,44 yards / sec so the druid should have to tele like 2-3 times and then nado and continue in that steam :p