Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

TDT - Tuesday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SeDnA, Jun 14, 2005.

1. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

TDT - Tuesday

Just came back from the hospital to remove that device that took my heartbeat for ~24 hours. Oh heck the doctor said there was something wrong with the right side of my heart. Can't remember the scientific details, meh. I think it had something to do with valves and whatever. When blood is pumped out of my blood, due to my minimised blood vessels, there is high pressure acting on my heart. Since I had something wrong with my valves when I was young, I think there would be backflow or something, thus the right part of my heart works slower. He said something about an operation, but he also said there was an alternate method to help me, without the operation. Well wish me luck, I don't wanna go for an op.

2. essojay

essojay IncGamers Member

If something's wrong with your aorta (at least that's what I think it is), then I can't imagine how they could fix it without an operation, but I'm not exactly the one to be giving credible medical advice.

Good luck and I hope things work out for you.

3. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Good luck, I look forward to seeing you back.

-Jon-

4. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Mmm... Thanks for all the well wishes but I'm not really going yet, they havent decided. Probably a few more months?

Edit: Daily thread? I thought this was a daily... thread.

5. krzyhobo

krzyhobo IncGamers Member

Best wishes.

6. stormlash

stormlash IncGamers Member

Good luck! Hope that won't stop you from playing d2. Get well soon!

7. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Sounds like you're on the other end of the speed spectrum, but my niece had a screwed up valve too - her heart would race to like 240 beats/minute. They had her on meds that helped a lot, but she was perpetually stoned and couldn't be as active physically. Eventually they decided do surgury. They actually went in through the groin, so it was a pretty non-intrusive surgury (compared to sawing through your ribcage). Thankfully, everything turned out great - no more stoner meds, and a fixed valve.

Hopefully meds can do the trick for you though. If surgury becomes necessary though, definitely check into how they go in. PM me ([email protected]) if you want some more details. Good luck.

EDIT: After surgury she was out of the hospital pretty quickly (1-3 days I think) and fully recovered within a couple of weeks too.

8. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

Hi there.

I'm doing project controlling stuff since I arrived at the office. Numbers, numbers ... not that interesting, but it has to be done.

Last evening I didn't play much, just finished my 100 pit runs. My fishy is now on his way to beat Andariel and then onwards to the ancient tunnels for another 100 runs.

Oh, and I, too, got a PM from qaws ... hehe.

9. colony

colony IncGamers Member

Hope everything works out for you Sedna :thumbsup:

And essojay's back now? I hope you haven't lost your attachment to PvP yet...

As for me, I just got back from the Download festival (That used to be called Monsters of Rock), yesterday. It was 3 days of great music, with some of the biggest bands in metal there (Sabbath, a reformed Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Motorhead, it goes on and on). Only major problem was that Nightwish were 30 minutes late and only played 4 songs :(. I can nearly hear normally again too, which after finishing the weekend with Motorhead, I'm very surprised about.

I also saw the most vicious pit I've seen before, during Lamb of God, which I survived slightly bruised, and after having my arm twisted at one point. Slayer might've been worse, but not from what I could see, which I admit wasn't much.

And I'm sure the pilots of the planes flying over were having bets to see who could go the lowest without hitting the main stage. They were getting lower and lower all weekend, directly over the crowd and the stage, until at one point an Easyjet plane went past that couldn't have been more than 300 foot off the ground.

10. farting bob

farting bob Banned

.....Bastard. I could have got tickets, i had the money, but i couldnt since it clashed with my exams. Therefor, i hate you.
    Ive been in a lamb of god pit and they are brutal, but great fun. i watched 1 guy break his arm in the middle of it. nasty stuff.

11. Porius

Porius IncGamers Member

Well, I got my Paladin Power up to 53rd level and into Act 3 NM. NM Mephisto, here I come!

Did a little crafting (he's untwinked, what can I say?) and came up with some okay blood gloves and blood belt. Not great, mind you, but the 9% crushing blow on a fanatic zealot is pretty fun. Still running on players 8, which is interesting. This character has died a couple times, but not as often as I would have predicted. I'll probably play him again tonight. I'd like to put up a Patriarch thread, soon.

Porius

12. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

ahhh i am going to get a new copy od d2 today... $30 down the drain. due to myown stupitity
    hey W_M you live in carson city? thats cool my eldest sister lives their right by that lake(washoe) and trains horses gonna see her this weekend.

13. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Did 400 pindle runs today. I feel like a bot, but obviously I am not. Getting sick of it already. Meh 600 more to go!

14. Johney

Johney IncGamers Member

Got my telsadin to act 3 last night. and i just got kalims heart a little while ago. Act 3 has been stingy with the drops (i han't even seen an El rune, and the only unique was the gidbinn)

Anyways, i'm off to mow the lawn.

15. essojay

essojay IncGamers Member

Hey Colony!
    Haha, not likely. I just need to get them off a USB somewhere, and I'll be set to go (hopefully). Right now I'm just exploring this rune mod. Too bad I don't have any runes to make any of those sweet runewords (other than Insight of course). :mad:

16. colony

colony IncGamers Member

Hope you can find those characters. I lost all of my ATMA stashes after I stopped playing D2 and formatted the hard drive a few months ago. So I had to start all over again, with nothing but a few old characters, mainly all in HC. I'm in the process of making a pure vindicator for PvP'ing, but haven't had much of a chance to play in the last month or so, but now I have 3 months off to do absolutely nothing all day, so... :p

Dont forget Spirit though either, all for Tal, Thul, Ort and an Amn rune:

[font=arial,helvetica][size=-1][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Weapons
    +2 To All Skills
    +25-35% Faster Cast Rate (varies)
    +55% Faster Hit Recovery
    Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
    Adds 3-14 Cold Damage
    +75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
    7% Life Stolen Per Hit
    +250 Defense Vs. Missile
    +22 To Vitality
    +89-112 To Mana (varies)
    +3-8 Magic Absorb (varies)

Shields
    +2 To All Skills
    +25-35% Faster Cast Rate (varies)
    +55% Faster Hit Recovery
    +250 Defense Vs. Missile
    +22 To Vitality
    +89-112 To Mana (varies)
    Cold Resist +35%
    Lightning Resist +35%
    Poison Resist +35%
    +3-8 Magic Absorb (varies)
    Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Obedience could be do-able too, as well as a couple of others. But there are just so many impossible to get runewords. Last Wish anyone?:uhhuh:

[/size][/font][/size][/font]

17. essojay

essojay IncGamers Member

Yeah, spirit's really nice, especially if made in a weapon.

The shield is sort of misleading, though. Unless made in a pally shield, the minimum str req is 156 and lvl req is 54 (not sure about this) since only the monarch, the aegis, and the ward can get 4 sockets.