Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

TCP/IP help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by indigway, Sep 21, 2006.

1. indigway

indigway IncGamers Member

TCP/IP help

heya guys.. ive been having trouble getting tcp/ip games to work on my 2 networked computers at home. I make a game, press tab to check my IP then type that ip in on the other computer, but it says cannot connect. The versions of diablo are both 1.11b.. anyone know why it isnt working? :cry:

2. RedArchon

RedArchon IncGamers Member

1. Check firewall settings.
    2. Check port settings on router.
    3. Seek someone else cause I'm out of ideas. :undecided:

3. PSYCHO

PSYCHO IncGamers Member

Check if the computers are even networked to begin with. The computer that connects to the net should be one of the following IPs: 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.2 (depending on your internet connection that PC may see the router as 192.168.0.1). Your second computer should also have the same IP (except the last number should be different). If it is a completely different number (like 243.24.56.78, for example), they aren't networked to each other. Also try a different network cable in case the cable you have is faulty.

I'm sure there are other things that can be done as well like running the network setup wizard on both machines (making one the main server on a network and the other connect to that computer for internet and networking reasons).

4. Ambrodel

Ambrodel IncGamers Member

If you are using Windows XP SP2, you have to either make an exception for D2 in the firewall settings, or turn off the firewall all together. This solved my issue when I had similar problem.

-Ambrodel

5. DavidD

DavidD IncGamers Member

Do you have seperate cd keys on the two computers?

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I believe you have to have seperate copies of the game for them to connect.

If you do have seperate cd keys, ignore my post.. it's something else and I don't know...

6. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

I'd probably start by checking that the two computers are actually networked to each other.

Can the first computer see the second computer in a windows explorer window?

If this doesn't work, then try to ping one computer from the other.

If this doesn't work, then try to ping your router from both computers.