TC3 hunting FAQ draft

Raskah

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a ilvl 87 Vidala Ambush so i got from Hell Mephisto... :shocked: Also I have a ilvl 86 Blinkbat Form so it is from Hell Pindle.

My Bane Ash is ilvl 41 so is from who... NM Meph?!? And my Lenymo is ilvl 49 so i dont have a clue where did i get it... :laugh:

I think these item follow the Diablo MF Law strictly: "Things drop when you arent looking for them" :grin:

Ok... not entirily since i got Knee Stricker from Coldcrow or whatever her name is...

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
As I remember correctly I found the entire Cow King's set running Nomal cows with Orb sorc. I've found it in about 200 runs.
Thanks for the correction! There have been a number of excellent suggestions overall and I'll try to update the draft.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
I have had a triple durability "wand" somewhere. Made a few interesting screenshots, but those have been lost long ago.

EDIT: Oh, yeah... that was hell meph btw o_O

moo-cow

Diabloii.Net Member
whats the name of that skeleton mage near the inner cloister WP? I got a couple TC3 grailers from him two months ago.

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
Either bone ash or bane ash. One's the tc3 short staff, the other's the monster, I never remember which.

And yes, he's a good source of tc3s, but IIRC he only drops up to qlvl 12, so he's good for the low-qlvl hard to find ones but not the high qlvl ones.

-CG

moo-cow

Diabloii.Net Member
I also hit up normal andariel when I misclick with my sorc and hit normal instead of hell and get a few runs in before I go off searching for a new meph map.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
I also hit up normal andariel when I misclick with my sorc and hit normal instead of hell and get a few runs in before I go off searching for a new meph map.
Whenever I misclick, I just use task manager to terminate "game.exe". That way, the map I had isn't lost.

LozHinge the Unhinged

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you, Cius, for resurrecting this thread.
For no apparent reason, and in the past 48 hours, I've started finding TC3s with uncanny regularity! :grin: :thumbsup:

Cius

Diabloii.Net Member
Glad to be of assistance! I have no time to capatilise on this now though as my currently very limmited gaming time is being used up by the SUTC4 tourney and a side project to finish SC/BW single player before SC2 comes out. Maybe after SUTC4 I will get back to my grail project. But like Jian says, it depends in what areas of the game you spend most of your time. I have already found some of the better TC3 items as I like building new characters over running Hell MF targets. Getting the items over TC78 will be my biggest challenge I expect. I'm hoping that my blizz sorc turns out well and doing combined pindle, AT and perhaps even andy or meph runs in one game will be interresting enough to keep me going towards the full grail (-1).

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: TC3 hunting FAQ draft

I should update the guide in due course but a few things that should be mentioned as potential TC3 sources:

1) gambling, as mentioned above, is a good way of getting high ilvl items of low treasure classes

2) just ordinary MFing. If you are running AT thousands of times you'll get multiple copies of many of the rarer TC3 items long before you get Tyrael's

3) racks- as pointed out in this thread, racks seem to drop across a broader range of TCs than monsters, and the fraction of rack items that are sets or uniques, though small, isn't terrible.

RobbyD

Diabloii.Net Member

Quick note for the time travelers out there - 1.09 Normal Countess is one of the best sources I've researched for the Death Gloves and Sash (got my first Death's gloves from her). Second only to the Cow King for those items. Much better chance for those items than 1.10+ Normal Countess.

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the recommendation, RobbyD! I can mention that and I may also mention that Classic can be a good source for these items, but often for true grailers the concern is that the items should drop in the current version.

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for this purplelocust - this is very helpful!

(Useless sidenote: the only Bane Ash I have seen was dropped by Bone Ash!)
My first unique was Bane Ash from Bone Ash, I remember it fondly and it was for my sorceress which helped a lot!!