Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

tanking charged boltress, could this work?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by greenfire10, Mar 29, 2004.

1. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

tanking charged boltress, could this work?

hiya all,

an idea of a nice sorc build just popped up in the back of my mind, and i need your opinions if i am just daydreaming or if this could be nice.

i was thinking
    20 telekinesis
    20 Eshield
    20 charged bold
    20 lightning
    20 lightning mastery
    4 to prereqs.
    1 warmth

i would also be planning to have some +14 to all skills, and another 6+ to lightning, leaving my Eshield at lvl 40.

i was hoping that with a giant mana pool, and 95% dmg taken by Eshield, i would be close to immume to almoost everthing.

AND, at the same time have a fully synergysed lvl 40+ charged bolt, doing like ~700 dmg with 24 bolts.

so now...
    1 is it true... would i be almoost undamageble with say 4K mana and these skill lvls Echield and tk?

2 any other problems with this build i overlooked? (except for having only 1 element, and thus having problems with lighning immumes)

3 would taking nova + lightning be better then CB + Lightning? (maybe nova would be better on groups, while using lightning for bosses and single targets)

anyways... i hope this can work out, giving me a very nice tanking sorc.

2. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

I think your setup will work just fine. Apart from your +14skills, the more you can get the better, also maybe some items that offer -xx% to lightning resistance *g*. This combined with +skills will do awesome damage.

Even with synergized ES you might have some occasions where you are left with on Mana (like getting hit from multiple Black Souls), but otherwise you should be just fine.

DONT exchange Nova for CB. Stick with CB. This is an awesome spell with the right amount of +skills. Also you have Lightning as backup which can help alot too.

Get a Merc that can tank for you and this build should really nice, since you can stand up close to monster with your merc right infront and spamm the most possible amount of bolts into the group.

3. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

i don't understand this i am afraid...

you saying i should get more +skills? or that i have enough? or that it will work even without those +skills?

enlighten me :wave:

4. melianor

I just meant that you will do good enough with those +14skills, but the more you can get even more damage you will get since LM raises the damage so insanely. So 14 will be fine, more even "finer" :teeth:

5. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

ahhh... ok...

well.. i guess you didn't read my first poost well enough.

i am planning to have like 14 to ALL skills, and then 6 or 7 lightning skillers as well..

leaving my CB and light mastery at SLVL 40 or 41 :thumbsup:

that should do :evil:

6. melianor

i just read +6 to lightning ;). Didn't combine the whole information right then. +6 skillers will surely do wonders.
    Have you thought about adding some -%xx lightning res stuff, like perfect Lightning facets? Those will do wonders when you encounter Mephisto.

7. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

well.. not yet really, and i doub't i will.

it will be a fairly cheap PvM only kinda sorc... using just plain skillers and nothing tooo uber.

so i just hope it will be effective enough as is it, and a lot of fun as well

only thing i REAAAAAAALLLLY think is sad..... is the cap on CB of 24 bolts max... i would like it when lvl 40 would do some 40+ bolts... would be fun, and greatly increase the damage output.

8. melianor

All of us Charged Bolt users mourned for the bolts lost. That cap made it a bit less godly ;)