Tankazon Tourney revisited

Freekje

Diabloii.Net Member
It's ok with me if you play SC, and you can even play on once you have died, and tell us about your progress. But you must understand that once you died, you cannot be the winner of this tournament anymore.

The winner will be the first to become guardian (and sticked to the rules).
I think it is possible to come that far (Look at old tournament) and I really hope some of us will come very far so it is some kind of competition.

GregTheGreat

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey all! I found a Gull Dagger off the Ghosts in the Tower Lvl3 and of course I'm using it now.

With the dagger and charms I do 27 - 49 dmg, not bad!

TankFusion
Lvl 18
Last Quest: Countess
Last WP: Outer Cloister

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member
Falling behind already.

BighonkinAxChick had a tough start. She just didn't get any useful drops and had punched through most of the den of evil before she found a small throughing knife (I've never been so excited to see one of those) She finally got her gear partially worked out, thanks to finding a ring of greed, it really helped with the money situation (i.e. I sold it). She's now got her two handed axe.

BigHonkinAxChick
Level: 8
Last WP: Stony Fields
Last Quest: Blood Raven

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I got no chance to play yesterday, but the day before, Lisa made it up and rescued Cain. It was a fairly rough road, but she's making good progress and still using only a Dirk and Large Shield of Blocking. Living slightly dangerous, but I'm waiting until I can shop a fairly decent 3s armor and 2s helm.

tweety

Diabloii.Net Member
Dodgy is now level 19 and collected the last waypoint before Andy. Will try to kill her tonight, but it is slow going. I don't have any high damage weapons yet, currently using a rare dagger, which does as much damage as the best twohander I found till now.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I´m NOT going to do this AGAIN, but good luck to all who enter!

There are many many useful hints in the thread for the other tournament. It would be a bit cool if someone found another route to go than what I and Insane Wayne did.

@Freekje: Not allowing throwing weapons would be bad for the chances of a complete game clear. Prevent Monster Heal is more or less a must against some PI enemies and you DON´T want to stand close to some bosses/monsters, like FE bosses and huge packs of Apparations. Having PMH on a thrown weapon makes it possible to defeat them.

madmaxxam

Diabloii.Net Member
Count me in. I only play D2 for tournaments anymore. No time for grailing or anything, and I've gotten a bit bored of twinked and SC. Funny that, I always did HC on cattle.net, but I switched to SC for a bit when coming to SP. Anyway:

Minerva: Lvl 1

Can't progress fast progress, not too much time to play. But when I do play, I play with a reckless abandon not often seen in HC. :lol: Maybe that's why all those ghosts are floating around in my character list...

Freekje

Diabloii.Net Member
jiansonz said:
@Freekje: Not allowing throwing weapons would be bad for the chances of a complete game clear. Prevent Monster Heal is more or less a must against some PI enemies and you DON´T want to stand close to some bosses/monsters, like FE bosses and huge packs of Apparations. Having PMH on a thrown weapon makes it possible to defeat them.
I know what you mean, that's why I said that I WOULD allow it. I think I will have to use them myself too. The main reason why I have my reserves about them is that I don't think it really suitable to play with throwing weapons as the main source of damage. But if anyone wants it, I will not be the one to say they can't, so it IS fully allowed.

BTW, I have much respect for the way Insane waine and you made it as far as you guys did! I can only hope to come that far, but honestly I think I won't.

EDIT: I won't be able to get online much this weekend, but I will be able to play a bit, update will come sunday...

madmaxxam

Diabloii.Net Member
CName: Minerva
Level: 9
Last Quest: Blood Raven
Last WP: Cold plains

Had to start out before my weekend of debauchery, and what a great start it was. In my usual rushed style I threw my javelins on the ground, set /players 8, rand out into the blood moor, punched a zombie twice, and decided it was annoying punching zombies at players 8 :lol: I ran into a nearby house, opened a chest and was rewarded with fulminating potions. Perfect, allow for some kills until I find a permanent weapon. Exploding a small group of fallen yielded me an ethereal hand axe, a perfect weapon for clearing the den of evil (the only way I can get 50% ed in normal blood moor :uhhuh: )

So I run into the den of evil, and despite horrible hit recovery and blocking rates, manage to clear it, finding two rares, gloves and leather armor. So after that I run to the cold plains, and before I get there, as I'm running past flavie, a boss pack of dark rogues comes bearing down on me. Fortunately with my eth axe and flavie I was able to vanquis them, and was rewarded with another ethereal hand axe. Excellent, a replacement for the one that will soon enough break. :lol: I run through a large swath of the cold plains and end up at blood raven at lvl 7. Much to my chagrin she has a cold damage bow, but with a bit of patience she falls to my ethereal armory, and rewards me with a rare spiked club. Great I think, but I pick it up, and of course ethereal :lol: It has IAS though, so it's great for clearing out that pesky mausoleum and crypt.

Long story short, I clear them out, and now I'm using an axe with two chipped topaz and a chipped saphire, which should hold me for a while, at least through the countess. Good luck to everyone else.

zatlaren

Diabloii.Net Member
Freekje said:
The main reason why I have my reserves about them is that I don't think it really suitable to play with throwing weapons as the main source of damage.
I don't see throwing weapons ever being the main source of damage. With my character my merc is the main source of damage. My take on tanks, from playing some MMORPGs, is that tanks are not there to do damage. They are there to keep the others that actually do damage safe. The is the route that I am going at the moment. This will probably change when I get a valk since she will tank better than I ever could.

Select

Diabloii.Net Member
OK, well, Ive been playing my Zon rather casually. Players 8 so far, did full clears off all the side areas up to the stoney field. Nothing special. I found a 2 socket short sword early on and two chipped saphires so its nice to slow stuff down...and a scepter with 117% dmg to undead which was helpful in the burial grounds. Now Im lvl 11 and ready to get cain.

xxarcherxx

Diabloii.Net Member
If I can still get in, I want to play. My first ever character was a Tankazon because I had no idea of what I was doing. My characters name will be NoBowsForMe
NoBowsForMe
Level: 1
Farthest Area: Rogue Encampment
Last WP: None

Illiana

Diabloii.Net Member
Ooh, another tourney... Nice, just when I will be having time to play! Count me in, please! Name of zon will be Eowyn, and I'll probably start playing her tomorrow.

Freekje

Diabloii.Net Member
Update:

Royal_Guardian, lvl 25
Last quest completed: Izual
Last WP aqcuired: The Pandemonium Fortress

Nothing interesting happened, Mehpisto was easier than I expected, so I defeated him the first time I attacked him. I was just testing how much damage I could deal against him. Nothing of use dropped for me, and I still use the tir-el crystal sword.

In the coming weak I will update on who plays in this tournament and how far they have progressed.

zatlaren

Diabloii.Net Member
Finished Act 2. Still running on players 8. Nothing spectacular has happened yet but did find an arctic binding to go with my arctic furs. I got to act 3 replaced my act 1 merc with a cold iron wolf. I then went back to finish the bits of act 2 that I had skipped. Then I found Goreshovel and a Cathans Seal and my plans changed. I decided that I can actually do some damage with this axe. With the life leech and the merc freezing monsters I rarely need any potions. Time to start on act 3 now that Kaa is dead.

WhackEm Level 27
Location Kurast Docks

xxarcherxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Has something been wrong with the forums lately? The past few days, I've written up a post, and when I try to post it, it says that I'm not logged in. It's very annoying. Anyway, here's my update.

NoBowsForMe
Level: 14
Farthest Area: Tristram
Last WP: Dark Woods
Last Quest: Cain

I've done everything on P8, and I'm using a pretty nice rare scimitar. I found Biggin's Bonnet in a chest in Underground Passage Level 2. No NDEs yet. Once I reach the Countess, I'll run her for EXP and runes, so I can make Steel.

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, made a bit of progress. Finished Act 1 (On and off P8, mostly on). A few scary spots but over all not to bad. Been getting crummy drops so no terribly useful weapons or gear, but she doesn't mind her chippie Great Axe.

BigHonkinAxChick
Level: 17
Farthest Area: Lut Golhiem
Last WP: Lut Golum
Last Quest: Andariel

Select

Diabloii.Net Member
Haven't played much lately.

Sheesha(I know I didnt spell it shisha like i said)
lvl 15
last quest: cain
WP: Black marsh.

shes doin pretty good. I gambled a rare kriss the other day and my dmg is 3-33 with 5% chance to cast lvl 1 amp dmg which is really really nice...oh yeah and 4 LL. So shes cruising along nicely. Im hoping to get out of act one when I get done with my astronomy class today. I think im going to get a might merc and live a bit more dangerous or a defiance merc for the super tank and just give all the gud armor to him :D

Select

Diabloii.Net Member
Sheesha has passed away. . .

lvl 17 she died while taking on a multi shot tainted in Act I along with a LE shaman that her rogue archer kept shooting so all that lighting dmg did her in...was sad she was rockin everything till then. . .

last WP: Inner cloister
Farthest area: Cata lvl 1
no uniques/sets found.