Tankazon Tourney revisited

zatlaren

Diabloii.Net Member
WhackEm has reached the Black Marsh and completed the Countess quest. My merc was complaing about her damage so I bought a 3 socket bow and but a ruby, topaz and emerald in it. She does some great damage now. I decided that since amazons block is horrible unless using a jav or a dagger that I would go the dagger route. After trying a tankazon with a sword a while back the difference is huge. I used to have to wait forever to recover from blocking now I don't even notice it. Last drop in the tower was a dirk with a chance to cast amp damage, should be nice.

WhackEm
Level 16
Black Marsh

Freekje

Diabloii.Net Member
Throwing weapons are allowed, but only throwing knives. So no Jav's/throwing spears.

Secondly, I would ask yourself: is it still a tankazon when I use throwing weapons? When I think about a tankazon I think mainly about melee...

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Freekje said:
Throwing weapons are allowed, but only throwing knives. So no Jav's/throwing spears.

Secondly, I would ask yourself: is it still a tankazon when I use throwing weapons? When I think about a tankazon I think mainly about melee...
Don't forget throwing axes. and by the way pierce works with thrown objects such as throwing knives.

And its a passive zon when throwing is allowed. Still fits the tankazon build but its the larger category.

Freekje

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah: I think you're right, but I still think it's a bit inappropriate to use throwing weapons, I'll allow it though.

Corax: Of course it's not to late, the more competitants the better! :thumbsup:

stupidgreen

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah for rare Bardiches:

1-31 Damage
1-3 Fire
1-2 Cold

==============
Kitty_Dukakis
Lvl 7
Cold Plains
==============

Freekje

Diabloii.Net Member
The story begins for Royal_Guardian.

The first session went well for Royal_Guardian. The first act was completed without any difficulties. After a few area’s she found a short sword and socketed it with a chipped emerald and later a chipped topaz. Somewhere in the dark wood she found a mace with two sockets and put a chipped sapphire and a chipped topaz in it. Later she gambled for a crystal sword, which she still uses. (nothing special, magic with +1 cold damage and 15% ED)
She slayed Andariel with one towntrip to revive the cold-mercenary and received nothing special.
Act 2 was different. The archers in the sewers were nasty, but Royal_guardian was able to beat the levels and defeat Radament. And guess what dropped, :clap: a Darkglow unique ring mail, defense 93. That was very usefull, and I think she will use it till the end of act 2.

Royal_guardian, lvl 15
Last quest completed: Radament’s Lair
Last WP: Sewers lvl 2

Notes: Found the darkglow unique ring mail from radament; Put 12 points in Critical strike, one in all other options.

GregTheGreat

Diabloii.Net Member
Found a nice rare sword, I now do 42 - 47 dmg (+ charms of course)

TankFusion
Lvl 12
Last WP: Cold Plains
Last Quest: Blood Raven

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Freekje said:

Throwing knives = same animation as jav = quicker block rate early on. Once I get some better gear and FBR/FHR I'll probably swap out.

Not to say I won't keep a spare stack of (insert thrown weapon here) of Vileness to help me out later on.

tweety

Diabloii.Net Member
Update from my side.
Dodgy is now level 16 and arrived at the inner cloister waypoint. I found two Arctic Furs, the first one from Coldcrow. At the moment I'm still a bit unsure where to put al those skill points, so I'm saving up for now.

Dodgy
Lvl 16
Last WP: Inner Cloister
Last Quest: Countess

Freekje

Diabloii.Net Member
Hehe, fine with me! As long as you stick to the rules (and you do) I think it's ok. This tournament is for fun, not for strict rules and a large price. (I have not thought of a prize yet, but maybe I will donate a price.

Little update:

Royal_Guardian, lvl 19
Last quest completed: Headpiece of the horadric staff.
Area: I have to go through the harem lvls and the palace to get to the arcane sanctuary.

I am playing with the horadric staff right now, neat weapon it is! :thumbsup:
When I am done with that one, I have a tir-el crystal sword on my weapon switch (Steel wasn;t it?)

I've put many points in Critical Strike, and 2 in penetrate, and 1 in all other options.

Well a bit shorter update for me and no story. My Tanker made it through the Forgotten Tower and found the stinking countess and slained her with her Rare Long Sword. The Block Animation and when a monster hit you is very slow so I think I need to load up on FHR. Got 12% at the moment from a GC.

After the tower she moved forward to the Blue Smith (why the heck did Blizz make him blue). No problems here either, the same way went with Andy still on players8 sure my poor little merc got poisoned to death but I cleared out the area so my Tanker ws never in danger and Andy died with relative ease.

So She dragged her shiny white a** through the long heating dessert. It took a lot of her strenght but a beer at Atmas tavern and a story about a mummy called Radament lurked in the sewers my Amazon decided to take on the little mummy. The levels in there was filled with Burning Archers which are doing some bad damage. Had to retreat a number of times.

When I reached level3 and Radament I lured out every monster in there except Radament himself then it was easy to kill him. My fire merc got a Short Battle bow with Amp damage and when that hit him he fell very easy.

Tanking_Ploppy lvl 21
Act2 Normal
Last quest: Radament

@Freekje I can help you with the prices, I have alot of HC items that I don't use

Good Luck all

DX

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
DX-Crawler said:
The Block Animation and when a monster hit you is very slow so I think I need to load up on FHR. Got 12% at the moment from a GC.
FHR doesn't help that. You need Faster BLOCK Rate. Which doesn't come on charms IIRC. Just use a dagger-type weapon. They may not do huge damage or anything, but they get the job done.

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
Gasket
lvl 6
den of evil

im also running her in SC so she will still be useful later. but ill drop out when i die first. is that ok freekje?

zatlaren

Diabloii.Net Member
The rest of act 1 proceeded without incident. Found Arctic Furs in the hole but otherwise nothing much of note item wise.

WhackEm Level 21
Act 2 Normal
Lut Gholein
l

Serdash said:
FHR doesn't help that. You need Faster BLOCK Rate. Which doesn't come on charms IIRC. Just use a dagger-type weapon. They may not do huge damage or anything, but they get the job done.
Well I do got 15% faster Block Rate on my Shield but that don't make it much faster. Well I have to hope that I can find Whistan's Guard. Excellent blocking and 50% Faster Block Rate.

Or maybe switch to a 2-handed weapon

DX