Tank WereBear Build

MasterBoo

Diabloii.Net Member
Tank WereBear Build

Hi, I'm looking for a build to create a tank werebear build (High HP/Armor with Lots of life steal). I browsed around but couldn't find any. I'll be glad if someone can help :)

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member
make your standard mauler, but pick one spirit (perferably HoW)
20lyc
20werebear
20maul
20how
rest is up to you. Since you want lots of lifesteal put a point in hunger.

Search for the kodiak made by zabo on this forum and you will find more gear options.

MasterBoo

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks, I'm pretty new to Shape Shifter builds (I had so far an Elemental Druid). If I want to be a tank, wouldn't it be better if I take Oak Sage instead of HoW? And also, why to invest only 1 point in Hunger and not more?

Also, I'll be glad if you could explain why Shock wave isn't worth investing in.

Thanks again!

EDIT: I was actually thinking about a hunger build (I read somewhere it's one of the fastest attacks in-game). And since I don't care about damage so much, and also since I'm going to play with some friends, I thought I'll do the tanking while the other party members do the damage. I also read summonings should work good with this build, but I still need a recommendation.

MortIIs

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks, I'm pretty new to Shape Shifter builds (I had so far an Elemental Druid). If I want to be a tank, wouldn't it be better if I take Oak Sage instead of HoW? And also, why to invest only 1 point in Hunger and not more?

Also, I'll be glad if you could explain why Shock wave isn't worth investing in.

Thanks again!

EDIT: I was actually thinking about a hunger build (I read somewhere it's one of the fastest attacks in-game). And since I don't care about damage so much, and also since I'm going to play with some friends, I thought I'll do the tanking while the other party members do the damage. I also read summonings should work good with this build, but I still need a recommendation.
Shock wave will only stun enemies, it will never kill them. 1 Point in Hunger, I wouldn't even out any points in hunger. You can get enough leech elsewhere afaik. Fastest attack in game is zeal I think.

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're are wanting to be a bear then welcome to the world of low AR. Hence HoW over Oak.
You could put more if you want, but for my bear I only put one in. With all my +to skills I have a lvl 10 hunger which is more than enough for me. (my bear is a mixed kodiak/hunger build)

Shockwave is totally worth putting a point in. Like hunger I only put one in and with + to skills I make good use of it.

If I could remember the link to the hunger bear guide I would but I forget, but the guy who made it will probably see this and do it for you anyways, but it's a good build too.

Ps is this for PvM ?

MysticDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
Shock wave will only stun enemies, it will never kill them. 1 Point in Hunger, I wouldn't even out any points in hunger. You can get enough leech elsewhere afaik. Fastest attack in game is zeal I think.
Fastest:
1. 2 Frame Bear Sin
2. 4-2-2-2... WW Barb

x. Zeal 8-4-4-4-4