Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tals Sorc

Discussion in 'PvP' started by mokujon, Sep 12, 2006.

1. mokujon

mokujon IncGamers Member

Tals Sorc

I'm gonna make a tals sorc to pvp with for fun. i know it's not anywhere near the best but i just wanna have fun. people assume a tals sorc is a noob or a mf'er, and i just wanna catch people off guard. what is the best way to go? cold, lite, or fire? i have no clue where to start so any help would be great. thanks guys.

2. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

Most tal sorcs iv'e seen are easy blizz nubs or weak fb'ers. I have seen a lightning one who was really good but his whole gear was faceted and had a lot of gcs.

3. killian27

killian27 IncGamers Member

For tal's, I think I would try a Frozen Orb/Es Sorc.... ya can't do a 200fcr fballer, to do lightning you would have to wear two fcr rings to hit the 117fcr bp, so blizzard or frozen orb, and I think frozen orb would be more fun...

4. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

I think FB would work best - it all depends on the rest of your gear. A tal sorc with 45 lifers, facets etc could surprise quite a few people assuming you are good with it..

Mike

5. mokujon

mokujon IncGamers Member

yea i kinda agree with killian that u need the 200 fcr to be effective. so that leaves cold or lite. i don't have a prob with wearing fcr rings if that matters. so i guess it's down to lite or cold unless someone can argue some good points for a FB sorc. any reasons for why orb over bliz?

6. killian27

For orb or bliz, its just my personal preference... I do think orb is a better pvp'er though...

The reason I say about having to wear two fcr rings, is because of the boost to energy shield from soj. I don't think fb'er would be all that bad, but the few skill points you miss out on using tals will underpower it a bit. With frozen orb, you are still getting the -resist from cold mastery... and frozen orb isn't so much the damage to me, its the massive amounts of shards everywhere, each doing damage and ya can't dodge em all.

I will say though, I have not played fo/es sorc... only dueled against with fire sorc and light sorc's.

I'd do:

20 FO
    20 Cold Mastery
    20 Es
    20 Tk (thanks, yeah meant tk)
    rest prereq's and warmth

Tal set
    2x soj
    35fcr spirit (reaches 105fcr with 20fcr gloves)
    Magefist
    I guess treks, since tals leaves you needing poison resist... or tri-resist boots... long as you are getting 86fhr from somewhere
    skiller, torch, anni, life/mana sc's of course
    if it were me, i'd probably skip life and dump all into mana... at most 100 base in mana I think though.

Or, Uncle_Mike you make the fireballer, I'll make the fo/es, and you can make the blizzard... we can go pubbin =)

7. conor rocks

You mean telekiniesis and fo/es might not be viable you need a lot of mana.

8. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

FO is not recommended for non gear serious sorc, as a raven or two will completely negate you combined with a bit of stack.

I like FB or Meteorb on Tal sorcs the best. You do not need 200% neccessarily for FB to be effective. Just get 9 fire skillers, good vita sc's, maybe facet here and there and it will make a fun dueler.

Kinda like me making an IK bab with 30+ p fine scs of vita in nl. 'twas fun.

9. conor rocks

Yea what Dennis said but I hat how easy it is to get fire sorbed.

10. killian27

I don't think any build will be phenominal given the constraint of wearing tals complete set. My vote stands that fo/es would be the funnest... again personal preference... maybe mainly because i've been wanting to try the build... minus the tal set.

whichever build, make sure you have to glitch your gear on so your are naked with the glow :grin:

11. mokujon

mokujon IncGamers Member

cold es/orb sounds good so far. are there any mana problems?