Tals ammy from normal?

chinaboxer

Diabloii.Net Member
Tals ammy from normal?

I was rushing a friend through normal with my 703mf sorc.

When i killed the council in trav, tals ammy dropped!

I couldn't believe that such a high level item could drop from normal and didn't think it was even possible.

Anyone ever hear of this happening before?

Chinaboxer

Harby

Diabloii.Net Member
Concerning these drops. I understand that when a creature wants to drop an amulet it will regardless of your mf. Then the game checks your mf to calculate whether the amulet will be rare/magical/set/unique. So far so good. My question is, does mf counts towards what the set item will be or its pure luck ? And other than that, before the item is identified does the game already has decided what the item will be ? Or the item is generated upon identification ? Thanks in advance.

sasja

Diabloii.Net Member
Harby said:
Concerning these drops. I understand that when a creature wants to drop an amulet it will regardless of your mf. Then the game checks your mf to calculate whether the amulet will be rare/magical/set/unique. So far so good. My question is, does mf counts towards what the set item will be or its pure luck ? And other than that, before the item is identified does the game already has decided what the item will be ? Or the item is generated upon identification ? Thanks in advance.
It's pure luck, I'm afraid - each type of amulet has a rareness, and based on that the game will pick one. And yes, the item is already fixed before you id it.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, exactly. Congrats on your find. I've never actually found one before. I gave up and traded for it, lol.