Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Talent Tree's

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by yukisho, Jul 12, 2008.

1. yukisho

yukisho IncGamers Member

Talent Tree's

If you could decide on one class to be in the game and you had to come up with an entire talent tree for that class, what class and tree would you make up. I know this isn't something easy to do. But fun. I'll post mine up when I'm done.

2. 5zigen

5zigen IncGamers Member

Re: Talent Tree's

char/ skills forum man!!!!

3. yukisho

yukisho IncGamers Member

Yeah I posted in the wrong forum. Was posting a reply and a new thread at the same time. Got them confused. I'll just wait for this to be moved.

4. 5zigen

5zigen IncGamers Member

It was probably unintentional, but you said "talent" tree as opposed to skill tree. Do you see the two being interchangeable?

reason I ask is because I was wondering myself if blizz would have the talent trees for characters separate from the skill system (similar to WoW). Whereas Talents would basically be the passive skills from D2 and Skills would be the used skills.

I thought it would be a great idea and allow for more deep character customization, and potentially alleviate some of the respeccing woes, for example if blizz allowed skill respecs but not Stat / Talent respecs.

I guess I just didn't like the idea of having so many passive skills on some characters because in a lot of cases it really narrowed their skill selection down. With passives separated also, it would be easier to balance because you don't have to worry about certain passives working with certain skills TOO well, and that taking a passive doesn't interfere with taking a skill.

Sorry to hijack your thread but that was really how I was hoping D3 would handle skill systems.

5. yukisho

yukisho IncGamers Member

Yeah I was playing WoW before I made the topic. That's why I put talent tree's. Coincidentally I reached 70 on my hunter today lol. it's cool, your not hijacking anything.

6. Elly

Elly Administrator

You could well be correct.

In the press Q&A at WWI Jay Wilson in answer to a question asking for details of skills mentions both skills AND talents...

We're not talking about skills and talents yet. When we announce the skill trees, or whatever skill system we decide to use, we will look at Diablo 2 and World of Warcraft and other systems, or maybe come up with something new. We haven't worked out anything exactly yet.