Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

tal rasha's tomb: unravelers more powerful than duriel?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by bowdiddly, Apr 19, 2016.

1. bowdiddly

bowdiddly IncGamers Member

I had not played LOD in a few(?) years. I installed patch 1.14b. On normal, my level 20 barb was overwhelming everything until I got to tal rasha's tomb. The unravelers would take half my heath points with a single unholy bolt (or at least very quickly with unholy bolts). What I thought was a pretty strong barb hid behind walls while my rogue mercinary mowed down the unravelers pretty easily. She was wearing Arctic Furs ("all resistances +10" but I thought that didn't affect magic attacks). Eventually we got through the unravelers and my barb killed duriel easily. Didn't even need a potion. This is not the way I remember this part of d2/lod. Are barbs more vulnerable to magic attacks than before?
    EDIT: Not battle.net -- LAN game with 1 player.

2. bowdiddly

bowdiddly IncGamers Member

I think I know what was going on. I was running LOD on a fast quad core AMD machine and there was some problem between LOD and the machine such that the game mouse input was lagging. What I thought was a single unholy bolt hit to my character was actually several hits, maybe 8 or 10. Also, since my character was unable to move away from monster mobs it could not defend itself. The reason my merc was doing OK was it didn't depend on mouse input directly. Duriel was surprisingly easy to kill, but maybe he was the victim of game lag in some other way, I tried tal rashas tomb with the same barb on my I7 laptop and that seems to have solved my problems.