Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tal Rasha's Tomb for mf ?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by agrégatif, Mar 7, 2004.

1. agrégatif

agrégatif IncGamers Member

Tal Rasha's Tomb for mf ?

If you look at Atma's drop calculator, you notice that every item that can be dropped in Tal's tomb drops the most on monsters from this area (I'm talking about regular monsters).
    Is it a bug in the calculator (no ! no! my faith in the doc makes this unacceptable) or some compensation for the crappy drops from Duriel ?

Anyway, it seems that if you're looking for items like shako, wizspike, gaze, wt, lycander... or runes up to Jah (I think), it's the place visit ! Well, for shako, there's already meph (and I don't know if the number of monsters you kill compensate the weaker drop rate) but for runes, even the ghost type creatures don't drop as often as the steel scarab in the tomb (or so it seems) not to mention apparitions...

Has anyone else noticed that or tried serious running (by the way what would be a good build for this kind of runs)?

Well... Discuss...

2. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

I was actually quite surprised by the results of the DropCalc when it came to Tal Rasha's Tomb. At some point, I'm going to take my Meteorb sorc there and see what I can find. I usually avoid the Tombs once I am done with them but then I never run through the Toms in MF gear, so I can't say I've noticed anything unusual so far.

--T

3. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

i used to run everywhere with my summoner necro when i was bored with countless baalruns id join games with 4 ppl or more and go off and do tombs tunnles anywhere other ppl were'nt. i had most success in anicent tunnels tals armor,shako, cham

4. Mage11

Mage11 IncGamers Member

If you're going to the tombs, watch out for Kaa - he's been the demise of many a HC character.

I believe that the main reason that people choose the other areas is because they're easy to get to and easy to run. However, it would be interesting to have a comparison of the tombs (particularly as there are seven to choose from).

5. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

I have always liked running the tombs, but I never really had any luck with item finding. I would think a Summoner necro, wind druid, or other builds with good crowd control would do well running there.

Steve

6. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo IncGamers Member

I know there are a lot of factor and chances involved, but in my MA bowazon on players 4 I found most of my items in the false tombs. I think it would be a good place to run. But the down side is the speed.

7. Sharakorr

Sharakorr Banned

I was just wondering... What calculator is this? :scratch:

8. agrégatif

It's in the latest version of Atma. In the utility menu.

9. Sharakorr

Sharakorr Banned

ah ok ty :worship:

10. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

I personally don't like the tombs as hordes of greater mummies seriously hamper my monster killing speed. Pits etc is much easier after all. Still for a char designed for Tal's tombs, it might prove fruitful.

11. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I don´t repeat areas/bosses in D2, so the Seven Tombs has always been one of the best treasure hunting grounds for my characters, on all three difficulties. Many times, I have found stuff there that has been important for the characters´ career. That is because of:
    1. The total size (monster and container number) of the tombs.
    2. The number of bosses and golden chests.

12. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

I think it's long and dangerous, lot of immunes and about alls, PI are never good for mercs. lot of poisons, not good and meet 2 uniques with 2 pack in a closed place is'nt good also.
    and don't forget in "magic find run" you have : 'run'

13. agrégatif

I see... Then it could only be worth considering for TCP/IP games. With synergies between different characters perhaps you could go as fast as in any other area.

14. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I'll try it sometime with my hammerdin, who just passed through act 2 hell. Nothing can really resist the hammer, and redemption get rid of dead skeletons pretty well. One thing I hate about that place though is the columns in the hallway, always block my hammer.