Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tal Rasha sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by DreamKing, Feb 8, 2004.

1. DreamKing

DreamKing IncGamers Member

Tal Rasha sorc

I've recently acquired the entire tal rasha set, and am considering making a sorc for the set, but I have some questions first. Firstly, is there any point to the set besides letting everyone know that you are rich? In other words, would a normal sorc with elite gear be more viable? Also, what is the best type of sorc that goes with this build, or does it matter?

By the way, this is on hardcore. I appreciate any feedback!

2. DreamKing

Bump. So many views, doesn't someone know something??

3. spykat

spykat IncGamers Member

tal rasha set is good for pvm with the resistances and other goodies. you wont have as many +skills as other sorc builds tho.

4. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

It works good with Pure Cold and Meteorb sorcs. Not sure about pure fire.

It doesn't provide enough +skills for any build with Lightning in it.

5. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Tal's set definitely has some great trading value, it's just one inch below the elite equipment.

The problem with the equipment itself (a very miniscule problem, however) is that it takes up some slots that could have better equipment. For example:

Helm - Shako (Harlequin Crest)
    Amulet - Mara's K.
    Weapon - Oculus
    Belt - Arachnids Nest

That would be the ideal equipment for any Sorceress, however if you don't have every single one of the above equipment then Tal's Set compensates with the full set bonuses. For example, if you don't have the belt, Tal's Set beats out every other piece of equipment listed with it's full set benefits.

If you get those; still keep the set, I can guarantee you Sorceresses will be lining up to trade with you.

6. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Tal's set isn't *one inch below Elite Equipement* It IS Elite Equipement.

- First of all, the resistances it gives. +65% resist all, +40% Cold, +40% Fire, +73% Lightning. This is HUGE.

- Total +life isn't too shabby either. With full set you get +320 life. This is 32 whole levels in Vita. This is HUGE.

- Total MF% is quite nice too. Tal's Belt and Armour give you 103% MF. Partial set bonus with preferably amulet is 65%, totalling 168% MF. Throw in a Perfect Topaz and it's 192% MF. Well, it's not HUGE, but it's pretty nice indeed.

- Tal's set gives you -15% enemy resistance to all 3 elementals, FIre, Cold and Lightning. For a set you're already wearing, this is very nice.

So, Tal's set isn't just a mediocre midclass set. It's very elite, and the trade value reflects it. True, you could get more +skills on equipment, but it won't be THAT much more.

- Full Rasha with Lidless and 2 SoJ; +9 to all skills.

- Elite Equipment with Liddles and 2 SoJ; +13 to all skills.

True, both new Elite Sorc orbs give extra elemental damage or extra -resist, but you trade in quite a lot of resistance yourself. You'd have to counter that with other equipement, or with charms. Full Rasha set doesn't need many charms for full resist (only annihilus for me) or equipement (only perf Diamond in shield) which leaves A LOT more open space in my inventory, ready to be filled with either Vita charms, Skillers or MF charms.

7. Stosh the Overseer

Stosh the Overseer IncGamers Member

Also it's the best equip for mf if you use only a part of it ... armor belt and amu gives you the +65 bonus and is the optimal wear giving you good resists and leaving space for shako and (not occu pliz) eschuta or hearth of the oak.
    Of course if you're planning that, use p topazes.

8. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

As said above Tal Rashas is a very good set for MFing and imho also for Killing.
    I do Telebaal runs with my Meteorb Tal Rasha Sorc combiedn with Lidless, Ravenfrost, Magefist and soem rare mf boots with CR/LR on them. This way this build reaches max resist in fire and lightning and about 68 res in cold.
    FCR is above 63% for good teleporting speed.

The benefits of the Tal Rasha set are, resists, sicne you can max them and +150 life (!), which is absolutly important and ofcourse the MF.
    You will suffer in +skills with Tal Rashas, thats the drawback.

A good combination though which gets you good MF and more +skills is this setup. If you prefer the get some more killing speed.

Shako
    Oculus
    Tal's amu
    Tal's armor
    Tal's belt
    Lidless

This will give you more MF and more killing speed.
    The difference in damage is not too much though since the +2 on all masteries (with perfect tals orb) boosts the damage aswell, so you will only see a small difference.

A real killing speed or Lightning sorc would not be happy with Tal's set since there are just not enough +skills for those builds!

Tal's set is very good for 2-tree builds, rather than single-tree builds, so Meteorb and CL/Orb do very fine with it.

Tal's set just offer a very wellrounded choice of equipments with which you can do Baalruns all the same, just as with your Killing speed/max damage sorc 8) I refer to Baalruns here since those are the areas with the nastiest monsters around *g*

though the shiny aura may just look like, "hey i am showing off and rich" this set is still absolutly worth it. Also a nice alternative to switch when you get bored with your other equipment.

9. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

my Meteorb sorc uses the complete set together with 2 soj's and alot of +skill GC's... works perfect for me.. i have a stormshield cause i invested a little in strenght which, together with my high dex, gives me a 75% block..
    like stiertje said, 320 life is really sweet and leevs some stat open for strenght or dex...

mine works perfect ^^, good luck with your sorc

robin

10. Stiertje

The full set bonus is 150 life, but the items itself also give quite a lot, totalling in 320 life.

11. melianor

Ay, nearly forgot that. Good remark Stiertje :D

12. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Basically, the only problem with the set is that the Mask and Armor are hideous.

13. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

Wrong. Full Tal's set gives +15% to Cold Skill Damage and -15% to Enemy Fire and Lightning Resistances. Not that big of a deal but I figured I would correct you.

14. DreamKing

So bottom line, does it suit cold or fire better?

15. melianor

Both :p
    Meteorb Build is one of the best for Tal Rashas. CL/Orb would do aswell, but you would maybe have to add a few Lightning Skillers.

16. Stiertje

Even better, with a Cold Sorc you get most critters at -100% Cold res easilly, which is the cap for Cold Mastery on monsters.

17. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

True Tal Rasha Set would probably gets the maximum use out it by having a dual-element sorceress wear it. There is just 1 problem with CL/FO build for Tal Rasha's Set. It's that FO/CL really requires high end +skills or hitting a great FCR, which isn't as achievable with Tal Set. In the end, Tal Set is probably the best equip for Meteorb sorc. I don't know why anyone would recommend pure cold, since the 15 percent boost isn't nearly as good as -15 percent enemy resist given to fire and lightning.

18. -Quill-

-Quill- IncGamers Member

+3 Eschuta's with high % blows away occy as do any Deaths Fathom. Occy is medicore compared to the new gear. I have a lvl 93 sorc and she rocks hard with either eschuta or ondal's wisdom. I have half decent resists (some charms a couple of ums). But I can take heat very well due to energy shield and a few points in telekinesis. Occy has an @ss end annoying teleport that throws u right where u don't need to be. Not to mention only 30% fast cast (which for fire and light u want as much as u can get).

Tal's Orb looks like an item from the bargin bin of a Walmart. I had the fullset and traded the armor for ohm. If i want to mf i'll put on skulders which further widens the gap. Belt? either arachnids or goldwrap, helm? Shako. Ammy? Mara's or rare +2 with good resists.

I liken a full set of Tals to a import car... all flare no substance. When you want meat go with something that may not have all the flashy, glowing bumpers or blinding paint jobs.... but has plenty of oomph under the hood.

19. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

Meh. I use Tal-Rasha's set for a while. I wasn't very impressed with it but I liked having maxed resists easily. What I was disgusted by was the lack of FCR and less +skills than you'd expect from a set. I could have easily gotten more damage and FCR without Tal's set; however, I'd lose a lot of resists and health and mana in the triple digits. Depends what you like. I'd call Tal's set a 'safe' set, makes you safer.

I wouldn't call Tal's set elite. Tal's armor is not too expensive now (to people with more than 3 SoJs) and that's the only hard part to get (well...ammy if you're not rich at all).

20. vic86

vic86 IncGamers Member

Rich?? I begun playing tyhis game about 3 months ago. ended up wit a MF meteorb sorc wit about 420 mf. I have found not very god from meph, seems like he drops **** after ****. 2 stormshields is the best ive found. And lets not even talk about the pit, dont know what all the fuzz is bout. Run it like 100 times have found 1 tal mask, (only uniqe/set worth counting)
    And how do u even find sojs. seems like they never drop anywhere.

Im lookin for tal armor now , will probably never get one..

How u get rich? seems impossible without having 2 play every day 5-10 hours..