Tal CL/FO sorc.

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
Tal CL/FO sorc.

I built, maybe, my third sorc ever the other day and she's getting to be very fun to play. (lvl80)

I had a question about gear.

Main skills:
CL, L, FO
I buff with 1 pt. frozen armor and 1 pt. T-storm (both lvl 12 after gear)

Merc:
Holy Freeze with crap Infinity, crap Gaze, crap Fort

My Gear:
Tal's set (Perf Orb and Belt)
35/103 Spirit Monarch
14/15 Non-eth Treks
Frosties
Ravenfrost
Rare 10%fcr, 6dex,3 res all ring
On switch: Infinity Poleaxe (Nailed the -55% light res roll)
20/12/8 anni
20/16 S Torch
All my other charms are crap.

My question is, where do I go from here? I love the tal's and I'm not quite ready to give it up. The only thing I can think of is to cham my helm or armor so I can ditch the Ravenfrost, and then switch over to mage fist so I can hit the 117 cl bp.

I'm just asking if I'm on the right track because I know little about aorc's, but I've played this game for years.

MageChick

Diabloii.Net Member
I love full tal set. The +15% cold damage and -15% enemy lightning resistance on the orb are awsome. It more than makes up for any loss of skills from other builds. The only hard part then is getting to 117% FCR. You'd have to add 2x FCR rings in addition to your spirit as you noted. But, I think you can ditch the ravenfrost reguardless. You don't need to worry about cham'ing your armor either. Being frozen doesn't really hurt you at all. You still cast your spells at the same speed and you teleport at the same speed. Other than looking blue, it doesn't affect you at all. I'd look into an SOJ or a FRC Ring.

About the only other thing you can do is facet your gear. The -enemy resistance will really help.

You could look into all runeword gear, but it really doesn't help much. In many ways full tals is better anyway.

CL/FO is a kinda weak build IMHO. Check out the numbers here. http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=496854

zalt

Diabloii.Net Member
Wmeredith said:
The only thing I can think of is to cham my helm or armor so I can ditch the Ravenfrost, and then switch over to mage fist so I can hit the 117 cl bp. QUOTE]

Attaining 117 fcr is almost a must imo so i see no reason at all why you shouldnt do exactly that :prop: . One can always argue if cham in arm/helm is nescessary, i for one dont like being frozen regardless of its effects :grin:

About facets, they are not that super great actually. The % to dmg mod is added upon the mastery so it doesnt do a hell lot of a difference. It can be worth it if you socket like 2-3 of them but not just 1 imo.

MageChick

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll agree that the +damage part on the lightning facets is kinda worthless. The -enemy resistance really does help though. On a full tal set + spirit you can get 3 of them. That's signifigantly more damage. Other than 117% FCR and 3 facets I don't know what else you can do really.

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
OK, cool. I got the Magefists and FCR ring last night. I can't stand being frozen, so I'll probably Cham the helm and light-facet the armor and orb. (As soon as I can afford it.)

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Wmeredith said:
OK, cool. I got the Magefists and FCR ring last night. I can't stand being frozen, so I'll probably Cham the helm and light-facet the armor and orb. (As soon as I can afford it.)
You can teleport! Beiing Frozen does not affect your teleport speed, nor does it affect your casting speed. Beiing Frozen is something to alugh at as a Sorceresses, at least in later levels and before it does not really matter at all.