Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tal CL/FO sorc.

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Wmeredith, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

Tal CL/FO sorc.

I built, maybe, my third sorc ever the other day and she's getting to be very fun to play. (lvl80)

I had a question about gear.

Main skills:
    CL, L, FO
    I buff with 1 pt. frozen armor and 1 pt. T-storm (both lvl 12 after gear)

Merc:
    Holy Freeze with crap Infinity, crap Gaze, crap Fort

My Gear:
    Tal's set (Perf Orb and Belt)
    35/103 Spirit Monarch
    14/15 Non-eth Treks
    Frosties
    Ravenfrost
    Rare 10%fcr, 6dex,3 res all ring
    On switch: Infinity Poleaxe (Nailed the -55% light res roll)
    20/12/8 anni
    20/16 S Torch
    All my other charms are crap.

My question is, where do I go from here? I love the tal's and I'm not quite ready to give it up. The only thing I can think of is to cham my helm or armor so I can ditch the Ravenfrost, and then switch over to mage fist so I can hit the 117 cl bp.

I'm just asking if I'm on the right track because I know little about aorc's, but I've played this game for years.

2. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

I love full tal set. The +15% cold damage and -15% enemy lightning resistance on the orb are awsome. It more than makes up for any loss of skills from other builds. The only hard part then is getting to 117% FCR. You'd have to add 2x FCR rings in addition to your spirit as you noted. But, I think you can ditch the ravenfrost reguardless. You don't need to worry about cham'ing your armor either. Being frozen doesn't really hurt you at all. You still cast your spells at the same speed and you teleport at the same speed. Other than looking blue, it doesn't affect you at all. I'd look into an SOJ or a FRC Ring.

About the only other thing you can do is facet your gear. The -enemy resistance will really help.

You could look into all runeword gear, but it really doesn't help much. In many ways full tals is better anyway.

CL/FO is a kinda weak build IMHO. Check out the numbers here. http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=496854

3. zalt

zalt IncGamers Member

4. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

I'll agree that the +damage part on the lightning facets is kinda worthless. The -enemy resistance really does help though. On a full tal set + spirit you can get 3 of them. That's signifigantly more damage. Other than 117% FCR and 3 facets I don't know what else you can do really.

5. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

OK, cool. I got the Magefists and FCR ring last night. I can't stand being frozen, so I'll probably Cham the helm and light-facet the armor and orb. (As soon as I can afford it.)

6. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

You can teleport! Beiing Frozen does not affect your teleport speed, nor does it affect your casting speed. Beiing Frozen is something to alugh at as a Sorceresses, at least in later levels and before it does not really matter at all.