Take your freakin' cookies somewhere else

Lone_C

Diabloii.Net Member
Take your freakin' cookies somewhere else

By ANGELA K. BROWN, Associated Press Writer

CRAWFORD, Texas - Some families are boycotting Thin Mints and Do-Si-Dos and other Girl Scout cookies. Troop 7527 is down to just two members after the other girls were withdrawn by their parents. And Brownie Troop 7087 is no more.

Why are folks in this conservative Texas town where President Bush has his ranch so mad at the Girl Scout organization?

Planned Parenthood and sex education.

The furor was started a few weeks ago by the leader of the anti-abortion group Pro-Life Waco, who sent out e-mails and ran ads on a Christian radio station urging people to boycott Girl Scout cookies because of the "cozy relationship" between the Girl Scouts and Planned Parenthood.
Article

But, but, where in the world will the Texans get their cookies from?

th5418

Banned
Okay, but its wierd why the hell were they giving their $$$ to the program? Wouldnt they keep it for emselves.

Lone_C

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, the Carmel Delights and Thin Mints are where it's at. And by that I mean they taste good.

Akira

God forbid people spend money to support programs teaching people to not get knocked up too soon. :rolleyes:

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Akira said:
God forbid people spend money to support programs teaching people to not get knocked up too soon. :rolleyes:
Dammit Akira, that goes against everything the Girl Scouts stand for. :rant:

Choogy

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, this is the thickest part of the bible belt...They want no sex education compared to any sex edu...I believe they go along the lines of "Out of sight, out of mind" type stuff...

SomeCanadianGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Girl Scouts or Brownies or whatever you wanna call them don't exist around here. Must be too cold for them up here. I'll just go to the dep to get my cookies I guess.

th5418

Banned
I remember my 6th grade teacher was going on a diet. And she finally sucumbed to girlscout cookies.