Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tagged by B.Net: What's the fastest way to get back online?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by D1ce, Mar 30, 2004.

1. D1ce

D1ce IncGamers Member

Tagged by B.Net: What's the fastest way to get back online?

Now I think everyone here hates it when they swap characters too rapidly and get tagged by bnet [denied service for a while]. Now these usually last over 10 mins, and are very annoying for me. Anyone have any strategies to make the process go quicker? Or is not getting tagged and being careful or browsing through webpages to pass the time the best way?

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Not getting tagged in the first place should be your number one priority. However, if you manage to get tagged, and have the fortune of having a dynamic IP (changing), you can log back on immediately after you reset your cable/DSL modem. If you have a static IP (not-changing), you will have to wait it out. If you don't know if you have a dynamic or static IP and get tagged, try reseting the modem. If that does not work, chances are you have a static IP, and should be extra careful about getting tagged in the first place.

3. ZonnyWonny

ZonnyWonny IncGamers Member

I posted solution in community forums (can search my name if you want)

Short version is: if you have a router, open its config utility. Search around for MAC address, change a digit. Reset router and Cable / DSL modem. Up and ready to go.

Done this a few times, no problems, always works.

If your on a dial up, no clue... Disconnect/Reconnect I guess, I dont have one to test.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

there are 3 types of games: under 1 minute, 1-5 minutes, more than 5 minutes. if you are tagged, it appears that your account is attached to that game. after these games expire, you can get back on.

under 1 minute: 1 minute to expire
    1-5: these games close as soon as there are no players in them.
    5+: expires after 5 minutes.

so, don't get tagged if you are muling in a 5 minute game. i found out a way to avoid it: slowly count to 5 before you switch. i haven't been tagged at all since i started this, and i've gone through all my mules twice.

5. zamoda

zamoda IncGamers Member

i found quite good solution: change 4 chars from one account, than change account, mule again .. after 4 chars change account again. It seems to be working. I think you are tagged after 5 char changes under 2 mins. It seems that changing account resets the counter.

6. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

That could be helpfull....I have never been tagged so many times as since my conection got upgraded.... :-/

7. Lothos

Lothos IncGamers Member

What's tagging? I quite often mule stuff ina 15min or older game through all 8 of my charatcers and never have an issue jumping out and back in lickety split.

8. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

Then count your blessings.

"Ok....own up....who spiked the Super Mana Potions !"

9. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

Eisirt: trust me wont work, i something get banned when switching to new acc.

There is no fast way, in 109 sometimes log in to open bnet worked.. but 1.10 not working. And sad thing is... after ban you cannot login to any bnet game on same realm(well at least wc3)

10. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

I dont' get tagged if I switch accounts, besides, it taggs you as you leave the game, so it's before you even try the next account if you've come and gone too fast with the one account.